Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MoniC

Chatty Member
Here's the struggle I have with these two. Logically I know that women should be allowed to show their bodies without shame. I certainly don't think Lindsey needs to cover herself up just because she has a boyfriend. And if you love your body, all the more power to you. So a part of me feels like I'm slut-shaming these two when they post half-naked selfies, and that is a problem. But then the other part sees it as perpetuating the culture of thinness and whiteness (disguised as "body confidence" and "wellness") and wants to take them to task for that. It's easy to say "Love your body!" when your body already falls into what society deems acceptable and desirable. Plus, I dunno, there's just something about the way these two do it that is off-putting, like watching a bad amateur music video. I don't know if this jumble of thoughts makes any sense. I just felt I had to work out what annoys me so much about them.
Ding ding ding, that's exactly my issue too. I'm all for posting whatever you want but there's something about them that's grinding my gears. Especially Lizzie crosses the line to thinspo SO OFTEN which takes me back to my ED days 😬 I don't have a problem with their bodies but the way they present themselves is so cringy in my opinion. Like we get it, you have nipples, Lindsey.

Reactions: 14

d0llhouse

So I don't mean to rain on their parade, but I listened to the podcast for the first time in about a year and struggled to get through it. At what point did they become self-appointed agony aunts? The last time I was interested in that type of content I was 13 and devouring Sugar magazine.

They must know that no one in their demographic is interested in a book version of a cheesy, generic agony aunt column? Particularly when we're all one Google search away from real advice by qualified professionals.

The cringe is going to be very, very real when their faux-intellectual, 30-something mates (hey, Brittany Bathgate) have to promote it as a life-changing work of art 😬

• Haha

fallouou

I see stuff like this and the other completely vapid, utter shite and wonder if they read on here and are doing it to take the piss. It's so bad that it must be as a laugh right?

But I think they actually think this looks cool, tumblr and "undone." I would never subject my normal amount of followers to this banal shit. Why on earth would they think however many k's would have any interest in looking at a pile of scattered folders. We get it, you're into fiLlllmmm. That's not a personality trait. It does not make you interesting.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
She talks about having gone off the pill for a few months, and how it's decreased her anxiety. Maybe that's contributing to her more relaxed vibe lately? That and having a kitty companion.

When I actually pay attention to her vlogs, I remember that I do still like her, which is why it's so frustrating to see her do so little with so much. She's clearly intelligent and self-aware, but seems to be leading an empty life. Agonizing over whether to wear this cream sweater or that cream sweater, taking a dozen photos of a wall, dropping everything so she can take a selfie in good lighting. I wonder whether there's a part of her that hates herself.

therealab

Her videos stress me out, I cant get through 5 minutes. Its all over the place and she is constantly out of breath, huffing and puffing away.

Agree with the above, it seems she just doesn't care about producing quality content. This is your job, respect your audience (and the brands paying you) enough to take it seriously.

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
It doesn't bother me, they are one and the same :ROFLMAO: , but I know in the last thread we were talking about Lindsey and someone had a bit of a rant about how we shouldn't be doing it in this thread. But I think most of the regular posters in here also talk follow Lindsey. 🤷‍♀️

jaymie

VIP Member
The countryside has been incredible and I have loved making memories here but after what the world has been through - I just want to be close to my friends and the ease of life. The ease of great places to eat, daytime festivals and the option to nip round and see the girls within 10 minutes of making that plan.

This is peak influencers, we all do these on the weekend anyway.

• Haha
  • Sick

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Lindsey is moving...back to London! I thought getting a dog, moving to a house etc was her getting ready to settle down with her bf? Unless they’re splitting
I suspected that her and James might have broken up or were going through a rough patch for a while now. It just seemed really weird to me that she spent most of lockdown at home and then like a month or so ago all of a sudden she was spotted in Manchester and seemed to be in London every other day. Perhaps they are still together, but her moving back to London and no mention of him - but wanting to be close to friends seems odd. She made no secret that she wanted a ring and a baby in 2020, well we are in 2021 and she hasn't had either of those things (that sounds harsher than I mean it to be) but I can imagine her giving him an ultimatim...Will be interesting to see if she moves in next door to Lizzy! She also used to be based in West London before the move.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
That was embarrassing. It's shot like a casual, Get Ready With Me type of thing, except you can tell this isn't a house and that she's just walking around in a towel at a trendy startup office. "Um, sorry we had to kick you out of the loft conference room, Dave, there's a coupla white ladies in there doing yoga for free face cream. Oh god, she's taking off her shirt again. Just pretend they're not there."

Also, it looks as if it was all filmed on an iPhone. Truly, they could have saved themselves a trip and some cash by filming this at home and would have gotten the same or better result.

Edited: Oh boy. I just got a look at Lindsey's blog post. It's even worse than the video. Settle in, folks.

No. Just no. Whose idea was this? Is this for an episode of the podcast? Putting a runny cream on a woman's face... I can't.
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.43.05 AM.jpg

Taking a break from the interrogation for a little a ray of light moment.
1615398174337.png

Can Lindsey do anything without taking off her clothes? I'm serious. I don't think she's physically capable of taking a photo without being in some state of undress. You're selling face cream, for god's sake.
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.47.20 AM.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

MoniC

Chatty Member
It's a bunch of phrases strung togehter, just plain waffle without much substance. The gist is she didn't work through her father's death until she was confronted with death and isolation during corona and went to see a therapist.
It could've been a tweet tbh, I don't know what qualifies her to write an article for Vogue considering her own blog is just horribly formatted drivel with boob shots.
Apparently that's enough to impress some editors.

Reactions: 13

Artaud

At some point Lizzy did say being single at the start lockdown and having to go back home to her mothers house whilst seeing her friends with their partners made her depressed, if someone told her a year later she would still be single she would be even more depressed. Now she’s happy being single and living alone but who really knows whether it’s true or not.
No-one forced Lizzy to go home she could have stayed in London by herself, she wasn’t packed on a train with a suitcase like a refugee child in the war.

I also found it odd how Lizzy claims, since mid-February, to be happiest she’s been since living in London. Wasn’t this when she stopped weekly vlogging due to her mental health not being in a good place? Which was around the time she was dropped from her management?

They are desperate to go travelling again apparently staying in your own home is bad for ones creativity, they weirdly liken it to how office workers get to go on holiday to relax. In the previous podcast Lizzy said was desperate to go abroad for somewhere new to walk and the memories they have from getting drunk, never mind the culture then.

And it seems I zoned out of the podcast too early, they are coming back for a fourth season to coincide with the book release. God knows what they’ll find to talk about, they've already talked about the weather.

• Haha

Nova

VIP Member
I’m Dutch and our government alcohol and drugs addiction advisory centre also advises (apart from no alcohol at all) no more than one glass per day and at least two days in a row of not drinking. I think many consider drinking just one glass on the days that you do drink unrealistic.

Either way, I personally don’t think L&L’s drinking behaviour is extreme at all. I agree that posting about it all the time is pathetic. But I don’t judge them for their drinking behaviour in general.

I just thought it was interesting people keep bringing it up as if they’re excessive drinkers, which is not the vibe I’m getting at all. I’m probably projecting.

Last edited:

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Not to mention she was down in London with Lizzy a few times signing books and recording the audiobook. I wonder if Lizzy is regretting disregarding the rules now. Anyway Lindsey’s post (like most of hers) is so weird, tonally. You caught COVID so you thought the best way to announce it was a bikini selfie? Ok...

Let’s not forget this happened.

• Wow
  • Haha