Lizzy Hadfield #2 Her claim to fame is a notebook with her name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone once wrote here that Lizzy’s style and content went downhill after her split with Ben and I truly believe that was the case. That was when she kept cutting her hair shorter and shorter and started dressing very undone and sloppily. I get the impression that break up took a real toll on her.

From a viewers perspective it’s a real shame because I did really like her content before. Her videos were well thought out and had great music. Now they’re just either undeclared ads, a passionless testing basics attempt or hauls of gifted stuff she doesn’t need.

Also what’s with her inability to edit out moments where she gets distracted by a text message/email? It surprises me that she’s continued to sail through and get work when that is the level of performance she’s putting out there.
And she lost her dad's watch during the time Ben and her broke up as well. I imagine that could play a part.

I don't understand why she bothers with yt anymore. Her channel is dying. She can't even rack up 100 comments on her videos anymore (at least they're not at 100 when I watch them), not even to speak about the views...
It seems like a lot of her subbies have come to the same conclusion and tapped out. If Lizzy truly wants to continue with youtube, she's going to have to actually hit the pause button and take a long hard look at her content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I'm still subbed on YT but I just can't be arsed to watch her videos anymore. The few times I did I felt like they drained the energy right out of me, just like listening to their podcast...

Her content is kind of like the YouTube equivalent of someone working a 9-5 that they absolutely hate but are just there for the pay check. I think Lizzy is just doing YouTube for the pay check at this point. It’s very apparent too, she’s not even attempting to disguise her lack of interest in it.

Reactions: 11
And she lost her dad's watch during the time Ben and her broke up as well. I imagine that could play a part.

I don't understand why she bothers with yt anymore. Her channel is dying. She can't even rack up 100 comments on her videos anymore (at least they're not at 100 when I watch them), not even to speak about the views...
It seems like a lot of her subbies have come to the same conclusion and tapped out. If Lizzy truly wants to continue with youtube, she's going to have to actually hit the pause button and take a long hard look at her content.
A lot of it is that her style honestly sucks now. No way I'm sitting through 30 minutes of congested mumbling just to see her style some hideous, ill-fitting jumpers. She has the money and the location to put out interesting content, but instead she just films herself and her cat.

Reactions: 13
The rise of her channel mostly depended on her Testing Basics, which was fairly new at the time, and her sense of style. The concept of Testing Basics got old quickly and her style does not appeal to the audience she attracted at that time anymore. So that leaves not much else to enjoy.

Plus, speaking for myself, I think I just got too old for that type of Youtube. Sure, I’ll hate watch a few random videos of people here and there, but I don’t genuinely enjoy them anymore and I just speed through them to see if there’s anything that annoys me, or just to quickly see what a person has been up to.

• Heart
Lizzy taking photos around town toting her own book like an accessory is... ugh, next level cringe. I mean, I guess it’s a form of pre-launch PR, but can you imagine an actual author doing that? Yeesh.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The most bizarre thing is Lizzy didn’t even like wine when she moved to London, she forced herself to drink it as apparently drinking wine is an IG aesthetic of its own.

I think moving to east London had the most impact on Lizzy’s style, it just happened around the same time she separated from Ben. Lizzy is such an east London cliche.

I agree, Lizzy stopped being a ‘real’ vlogger long ago. She never vlogs outside anymore, her vlogs are sporadically filmed often in one day, in her home just to showcase all the new clothes and homewares she has been gifted.
Lizzy has so much furniture in her home now it’s starting to look claustrophobic. Did Lizzy need a sideboard in her kitchen? No. But could Lizzy say no to something gifted? No. She really had no space for the vintage lamp either. It all looks so cramped.
Similarly those slogan t-shirts that have been bought undoubtedly on a whim, after years of purging her wardrobe of print and colour how much longevity do they have? Will we even see Lizzy wear them all out of the house?
Deep down I think the tattoo is a whim too Lizzy doesn’t do anything of her own accord, she must follow someone who recently got tattoo’d and became obsessed with getting one.

Reactions: 14
Is it just me or did she speed up her recent video? I’m sure she never spoke so fast?!

Reactions: 5
A lot of it is that her style honestly sucks now. No way I'm sitting through 30 minutes of congested mumbling just to see her style some hideous, ill-fitting jumpers. She has the money and the location to put out interesting content, but instead she just films herself and her cat.
Not to mention the drop of snot falling from her nose at the beginning of the video 🤣

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
The most bizarre thing is Lizzy didn’t even like wine when she moved to London, she forced herself to drink it as apparently drinking wine is an IG aesthetic of its own.

I think moving to east London had the most impact on Lizzy’s style, it just happened around the same time she separated from Ben. Lizzy is such an east London cliche.

I agree, Lizzy stopped being a ‘real’ vlogger long ago. She never vlogs outside anymore, her vlogs are sporadically filmed often in one day, in her home just to showcase all the new clothes and homewares she has been gifted.
Lizzy has so much furniture in her home now it’s starting to look claustrophobic. Did Lizzy need a sideboard in her kitchen? No. But could Lizzy say no to something gifted? No. She really had no space for the vintage lamp either. It all looks so cramped.
Similarly those slogan t-shirts that have been bought undoubtedly on a whim, after years of purging her wardrobe of print and colour how much longevity do they have? Will we even see Lizzy wear them all out of the house?
Deep down I think the tattoo is a whim too Lizzy doesn’t do anything of her own accord, she must follow someone who recently got tattoo’d and became obsessed with getting one.
Lol are you even a blogger if you don’t own a Tylko?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So I don't mean to rain on their parade, but I listened to the podcast for the first time in about a year and struggled to get through it. At what point did they become self-appointed agony aunts? The last time I was interested in that type of content I was 13 and devouring Sugar magazine.

They must know that no one in their demographic is interested in a book version of a cheesy, generic agony aunt column? Particularly when we're all one Google search away from real advice by qualified professionals.

The cringe is going to be very, very real when their faux-intellectual, 30-something mates (hey, Brittany Bathgate) have to promote it as a life-changing work of art 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So I don't mean to rain on their parade, but I listened to the podcast for the first time in about a year and struggled to get through it. At what point did they become self-appointed agony aunts? The last time I was interested in that type of content I was 13 and devouring Sugar magazine.

They must know that no one in their demographic is interested in a book version of a cheesy, generic agony aunt column? Particularly when we're all one Google search away from real advice by qualified professionals.

The cringe is going to be very, very real when their faux-intellectual, 30-something mates (hey, Brittany Bathgate) have to promote it as a life-changing work of art 😬
It is quite cringey that they are calling themselves authors and acting like poeple will be buying this because they think it will be a well written book with good advice, surely only existing 'fans' will be buying this to support them? I really can't see how it's going to sell a lot

I have only listened to one of their podcast episodes and it really annoyed me and put me off others, a trainee solicitor (I think) had written in saying they were struggling with their job and should they continue and Lizzy was like 'you've just got to keep going' and I was thinking 'this is Lizzy who has literally NEVER had to get up and go to work every day and deal with a boss and colleagues and clients etc' :mad: I don't know why the person had thought to ask them and what Lizzie said probably wasn't wrong it just annoyed me knowing she had no understanding of what so many jobs are like because she's never had a regular job.

Reactions: 11
Lizzy was like 'you've just got to keep going' I don't know why the person had thought to ask them and what Lizzie said probably wasn't wrong
even though I don't understand anybody who thought of asking someone like Lizzy a serious question, this mindset of "gotta soldier on" often causes a burn out syndrome (speaking from my personal experience), so, I think her reply was wrong, especially seeing Lizzy struggles to carry on despite her quite comfortable life, reminds of well-off folks telling the lower class they just have to go harder, faster, save more money, suffer more, blah blah blah blah

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.