Lizzy and Lindsey #10 Single White Female... Oh Come ON, Embarrassing!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New York is all about copying Lindsey remember? Lindsey ‘moved’ to Portugal and Elizabeth just had to copy her and chose NY because Joanna lives there. She seemed to lose all interest in NY last year after she met Bezos Jr, is he still on the scene?
Now Lindsey has had her spiritual awakening in Costa Rica it seems to have reinvigorated Elizabeth’s interest in NY. The end of Elizabeth’s latest vlog was comical gushing over NY, exactly like Lindsey’s Costa Rica vlog from earlier in the week. Seriously, there isn’t an original thought that goes through Elizabeth’s head.

I think Lizzy’s inheritance is complicated because the bulk of the money will surely be from her father, but maybe her childfree aunt also left her some money? Her grandmother who died in Lizzy’s teens? She’s never talked about other grandparents so it also implies that her father received his inheritance from his parents. Plus anything from his estate, savings, shares, private pensions and they sold the house after he died too - £460k in 2010.

Her fathers death was untimely so I’d assume she might have had some sort of trust provisioned too. Looking at people from similar backgrounds if she had one I’d guess the maximum it would have been is in the low hundred of thousands. Perhaps I’m wrong or she never had one.

I wouldn’t have thought her parents were rich, rich though just comfortably middle class. Anne surely will have made Elizabeth either invest or put the the bulk on the inheritance in a high interest savings account. I think realistically the inheritance may have been in the mid to high hundreds of thousands at some point, even £500k in a high interest savings account would make around £25k a year pretax.
You can kind of tell by Lizzy’s business accounts. There’s always been a business loan I wouldn’t have thought Lizzy needed the money but the interest on the loan must be less than the interest in her inheritance can achieve. Similarly all the directors loans imply Lizzy has funds somewhere but they must need notice to withdraw, most high interest savings and investments do.

Before influencing Lizzy bought a student house in Leeds to live in, remember? I’m not sure how she ever expected people to believe she self funded it. I assume she bought it outright with inheritance.

The problem with the inheritance is not that Lizzy has it but more that Lizzy’s never been transparent about it, or what she used it to achieve. Over the years she’s preferred to lie to her followers rather than admitting to having it. And she was never smart enough to realise she could have not acknowledged it at all and let people draw their own conclusions.

Reactions: 11
A new kettle is honestly a low I didn't expect. Can't be long till she just gets married to someone with cash and calls it a day

• Haha
Reactions: 7
New York is all about copying Lindsey remember? Lindsey ‘moved’ to Portugal and Elizabeth just had to copy her and chose NY because Joanna lives there. She seemed to lose all interest in NY last year after she met Bezos Jr, is he still on the scene?
Now Lindsey has had her spiritual awakening in Costa Rica it seems to have reinvigorated Elizabeth’s interest in NY. The end of Elizabeth’s latest vlog was comical gushing over NY, exactly like Lindsey’s Costa Rica vlog from earlier in the week. Seriously, there isn’t an original thought that goes through Elizabeth’s head.

I think Lizzy’s inheritance is complicated because the bulk of the money will surely be from her father, but maybe her childfree aunt also left her some money? Her grandmother who died in Lizzy’s teens? She’s never talked about other grandparents so it also implies that her father received his inheritance from his parents. Plus anything from his estate, savings, shares, private pensions and they sold the house after he died too - £460k in 2010.

Her fathers death was untimely so I’d assume she might have had some sort of trust provisioned too. Looking at people from similar backgrounds if she had one I’d guess the maximum it would have been is in the low hundred of thousands. Perhaps I’m wrong or she never had one.

I wouldn’t have thought her parents were rich, rich though just comfortably middle class. Anne surely will have made Elizabeth either invest or put the the bulk on the inheritance in a high interest savings account. I think realistically the inheritance may have been in the mid to high hundreds of thousands at some point, even £500k in a high interest savings account would make around £25k a year pretax.
You can kind of tell by Lizzy’s business accounts. There’s always been a business loan I wouldn’t have thought Lizzy needed the money but the interest on the loan must be less than the interest in her inheritance can achieve. Similarly all the directors loans imply Lizzy has funds somewhere but they must need notice to withdraw, most high interest savings and investments do.

Before influencing Lizzy bought a student house in Leeds to live in, remember? I’m not sure how she ever expected people to believe she self funded it. I assume she bought it outright with inheritance.

The problem with the inheritance is not that Lizzy has it but more that Lizzy’s never been transparent about it, or what she used it to achieve. Over the years she’s preferred to lie to her followers rather than admitting to having it. And she was never smart enough to realise she could have not acknowledged it at all and let people draw their own conclusions.
But if she has a sizeable inheritance, then why opt for a loan and not release the money you have on business/house etc? Excuse the ignorance, it does all sound complicated. I mean you’re right, she’s not silly money rich, where she has her own private jet to fly back and forth or her own driver or even a property in Chelsea or Kensington but she’s very comfortable for her age.

Reactions: 3
this was one of the most BATSHIT BORING vlogs of all time. When is Lizzy gonna get a real life. I still don't understand the constant back and forth between NY and London, like what the duck for. Her whole monologue was a waste of time, for me and also for her.
agree, this vlog was the most boring zero effort thing ever

Reactions: 4
But if she has a sizeable inheritance, then why opt for a loan and not release the money you have on business/house etc? Excuse the ignorance, it does all sound complicated. I mean you’re right, she’s not silly money rich, where she has her own private jet to fly back and forth or her own driver or even a property in Chelsea or Kensington but she’s very comfortable for her age.
You’ve kind of hit on the answer. Not sure if this is actually what she did, but if you’re someone who doesn’t need to worry about money but you aren’t the kind of rich where money is no object, it can sometimes be smart to take a loan, provided the interest on it is negligible or less than the interest/gains you’re making elsewhere, and use those funds for some other kind of investment. I know people who did this with student loans. Once they’re out of school and making good money in their career, instead of paying off the loan in a lump sum, they keep it and invest that money in the stock market or a new home or whatever.

Reactions: 5
Do we believe her when she says she's been upgraded on her flights 3 times or is she afraid to admit to booking expensive travel so often?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah, just remember friends. We pay for our lifestyles, in addition to our rents/mortgages, utilities, transportation. Clothes, meals, furniture, vacations, etc we use our own money. Spending $1800 on a flight to NYC 4x a year is chump change when you get your clothes, food, furniture, vacations for free. Not to mention, all the affiliate links she peddles is just passive income at this point.
so true. Not completely related to Lizzy, but when influencers get sent Hello Fresh boxes for months on end I feel physically sick! There are people out there rationing out their food and going hungry because they need to prioritise feeding children or paying bills. I can't believe influencer lifestyles are still a thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Jesus Christ is every influencer getting gifted a stay at the bullchalbury?
Their pal Emma H is there now

Reactions: 4
Ok friends, I got laid off so now I have the privilege of leisure and time. Is that what being an influencer is? Because aside from doing some admin-y bits like figuring out my 401k stuff, emailing HR every day asking why I haven't gotten my box to send back my laptop, and applying to jobs, I have not done work. What I have done is go to the day spa, hiked for 6 miles, read, grabbed coffee with my layoff friends, tried on some stuff at the mall, and slept in. THIS IS NOT WORK.

You all better believe I will be reading The Theory of the Leisure Class while in my doing what influencers call work era.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't understand how you can have reiki done virtually. Sounds a bit snake oil-y to meeeeee!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Ok friends, I got laid off so now I have the privilege of leisure and time. Is that what being an influencer is? Because aside from doing some admin-y bits like figuring out my 401k stuff, emailing HR every day asking why I haven't gotten my box to send back my laptop, and applying to jobs, I have not done work. What I have done is go to the day spa, hiked for 6 miles, read, grabbed coffee with my layoff friends, tried on some stuff at the mall, and slept in. THIS IS NOT WORK.

You all better believe I will be reading The Theory of the Leisure Class while in my doing what influencers call work era.
Welcome to unemployed life, @poopettemetis! You’ve already accomplished more than I have 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 6