Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Holly Golightly

Does anyone else read her diary every Sunday? It's such a guilty pleasure for me as I find the woman infuriating and despicable but I can't look away. Today, the mad bat is grumbling that having no privacy is horrendous...while taking a very good wage for writing about her private life in one of the most read publications in the world. She's such a troll.

The constant baiting and bullying of her ex-boyfriend David is legit disgusting though, and should be illegal. She's really going for it today and he has no right of reply. It's just wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43

Kam2243

Ohhhh I’ve been waiting for a thread on Her!
She is a narcissist! A massive massive narcissist, who is NEVER wrong. She wasted so much money, was made bankrupt and has hasn’t stopped spending. Is spiteful about everyone she comes into contact with, people who have giant children, who dare to be more affluent than her, who don’t pluck, wax, facelift their bodies to maintain their size 6 figure and midnight storm hair.

She bullies David constantly, even when he specifically and mentioned in her column has asked her not too.

She lies about everything, including being in a relationship with a “rock star” who she heavily heavily hinted at being Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, until he supplied her with a cease and desist!

She allowed her untrained dogs “puppies” to kill one of her cats and they regularly bothered people and other animals on walks, and destroy expensive furniture and then wonder why no one would rent to her.

She increasingly thinks she’s funny, the columns are generally filled with “wahhhhhh” “viz” but the columns have turned into a waffling mess, that hardly make sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Updated Liz Bingo:

BINGO
Shitty engagement ringDiptyque CandlesWAXINGVictoria Beckham dressHaving no friends
Giving money to familyMen never paying for anythingMINI PUPPYDead horseStealing sperm
Dunhill lighterMini breaksDisgusting sex detailsBeing frigidDavid’s ponytail
New mystery manSATC / Carrie BradshawFREE SQUARE Nic being bitchyDEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thongVegetarianismLiam NeesonMidnight Storm hairDry clean only
Dogs "stress wee"GIANT CHILDRENSmeg fridgeButtery soft leatherOily baths
Separating eyelashes with a pinWaitroseNERVOUS petsBanned from Fashion WeekOwns every issue of Vogue

Can we please pin this?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
Just joined having read about this thread in LJ's latest column. I feel like I've found my people.
Welcome! Please accept your goody bag which contains a dry clean only Myla thong. a buttery soft totally vegan leather skirt and a voucher for a homoepathic vet to cure your chickens of leukaemia. :ROFLMAO:

Thing is with Jizzy name checking Tattle is that it proves that even her "haters" can't really be bothered with her. I mean this is still thread 1 and is pretty old, there is not a lot to say about the ravaged old bag that hasn't already been said about her. Even her attempts at controversy are just boring. Blah blah fat people, blah blah sacked from Marie Claire, blah blah pretend Jim Kerr etc

Jizz is just a sad lonely woman who has to pay people to be her friends *Cough Nic Cough* Come on Jizz, put some effort into it, come out as a lesbian, grow your knee hair out, try being nice to people without expecting anything from them in return and stop writing boring repetitive shite, you might actually find that life is pretty good

• Haha
Reactions: 32

NP

VIP Member
I haven’t read about her for years. My parents were Daily Mail readers and as a teen I would sometimes read her column in You Magazine. I only vaguely remember she had an arsehole husband.

Reactions: 30
I’ve always read her column in you for years.
then she moved to Yorkshire and I saw her in our vets and made small talk. Only for her to be rude about me in her column three weeks later!! I didn’t admit to reading her column and was glad I hadn’t.

her hair is black and dry, her skin is pale and dry and her vet bill went unpaid!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

tarotbaby

Here are the contents of my LJ Bingo card..

Shitty engagement ring
Diptique Candles
WAXING
Victoria Beckham dress
Having no friends
Giving money to family
Men never paying for anything
MINI PUPPY
Dead horse
Stealing sperm
Dunhill Lighter
Mini breaks
Disgusting sex details
Being frigid
David’s ponytail
New mystery man
SATC / Carrie Bradshaw
Nic being bitchy
DEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong
Vegetarianism
Liam Neeson
My genuine sympathy for her

Most of these get a regular mention. I’ve never had a full house due to the last one never happening...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Squirrelfriend

Chatty Member
Does anyone remember someone on mumsnet saw her at a party and she was shoveling coke up her beak and they posted a pic of her. It was deleted pretty quickly .

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Reverend

VIP Member
Liz Jones moaned about her finances, and that The Inland Revenue are threatening to make her bankrupt, she’s £15,000 in arrears with her mortgage and has just paid £95 to have the punctures on two wheelbarrow tyres repaired. (Round these parts, whole wheelbarrows don’t cost that much.)

Two days later, a miraculous financial transformation appears to have taken place as Liz sings the praises of her new hair treatment a Brazilian blow dry that took three hours and cost £200.

Let’s just hope the lady from the tax office didn’t read that days Daily Mail…

Oh and Private Eye says: "...But the creditors in her much-chronicled bankruptcy have been given a slightly different vision. Late last year they accepted her proposal to pay off her debts, as documented exhaustively if inconsistently in her column, at the rate of 24.82 pence in the pound. They were also offered this startling confession: "I would like to make my creditors aware that my column and any other article I write is ficticious [sic]. It is my job to write about an extravagant lifestyle. My professional persona and my real persona are significantly different, particularly financially."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Holly Golightly

Why did she break up with David?

The whole Nirpal saga was just sad. He was obviously with her for her money/lovely house in Islington.
IIRC she said she married him for a column, so not great behaviour on her end either. Everything I've seen points to them both being as horrible as each other.

I think Nirpal was the one whose sperm she tried to steal as well.

Ohhhh I’ve been waiting for a thread on Her!
I'm glad I could help, haha! I have been seeing stories dotted about for years of how horrendous a person she is. I don't think I've seen literally one nice thing ever said about her except maybe her efforts to help animals but reading between the lines I think the hurts more than she helps. I do recall she left her dogs in a car on a hot day while she went to a spa but the window was open so it was alright!

I have her up there with Caitlin Moran and Jan Moir as the most toxic, pathetic excsues for "journalists" you can find.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh my god I haven’t thought about her for years, I actually used to really enjoy hate reading her column! Is she not with David any more? Any want to give me a quick catch up on what’s been happening for the last few years? She’s truely awful isn’t she!
It's rather a sad story. There was a time when she had a modicum of talent... but that is long ago now.
She made the classic mistake of thinking that life was all about money and things. So she made quite a lot of money and bought some insanely expensive things... but she didn't realise that she was a) hideously lonely because she's not very nice and b) paying tax on your earnings is somethig of a given.
Consequently, she had to give up a house she bought up here (a funny story in itself: a *friend* acted as an intermediary in the purchase, persuaded her to pay way over the odds and got a slice of the profit!) when she was bankrupted by HMRC. She had previously owned a house in Somerset or thereabouts and a sizeable parcel of land. I know the house went but I'm not sure about the land.
Nowadays, she shares a rented ex-domestic servant's quarters here and, judging by the internal photos, in a state of near squalor (coincidentally, her old house that she had to sell in Low Row was also described as such by someone who viewed it).
She doesn't really do anything all day, doesn't engage with the locals and cuts a rather sad figure of a lonely old lady in her mid-sixties.
As far as her (ironic laugh) love-life is concerned, she tried to coerce a very ex-boyfriend into marriage because he had a) elderly parents with money and b) a flat in London. She failed. Prior to that she had invented a "famous Rock Star" boyfriend which, against the odds, caught a section of the public's interest for a while (aided and abetted by Ms Jones herself who invented a number of sock puppets on Mumsnet to stoke interest). Sadly, by this stage, she had acquired quite a thirst and, as a consequence, kept making mistakes in her narrative with regards to who he was, what he looked like, what he did, what he owned and other such trifling details.
In an attempt to draw all this together, she attempted to explicitly imply that it was Jim Kerr. When that blew up in her face, she claimed that her boyf had been at it in her (company rented) London flat with a third party and that she had binned him.
With literally nothing else going on in her life, she has since fixated on various exes, her ex-husband, an ex-colleague with whom she worked twice, as well as anyone who she feels has slighted her (anyone who is successful, married, solvent etc.) and is charting her own decline into madness.
She wrote two truly awful books: one an 'autobiography' and the other a 'novel', both of which bombed. There was talk of a tour to promote the latter which had to be cancelled (allegedly because of The Rona) which left several dozen ticket holders somewhat disappointed.
She now lives in a fantasy life, thoughtfully enabled by her 'assistant', and dreams of owning another house, of money and of glamour. A bit like Miss Havisham's older sister.
And today? Well, she thought she'd trot out the Fake Rock Star again (having conveniently forgotten that he'd allegedly cheated on her [see "quite a thirst" above]) with impeccable Lockdown timing.
Will they? Won't they? who cares, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
She has "Cheryl" who has allegedly read her column for 21 years, donated a large sum to an animal charity in exchange for the privilege of attending LFW with Liz and travelled all the way down from Liverpool to go to the show and have cocktails with Liz after
Cheryl was on day release from her secure accomodation I presume?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I hate read this woman every Sunday... please forgive me tattlers!!

- never found out who the rockstar was. She hinted it was Jim kerr until the cease and desist from him.

- she sometimes claims she slept with michael Hutchenson, sometimes she claims she just stayed in the same hotel room as him.

- she recycles stories with different people involved.

- she is POOR but can still afford holidays, beauty treatments, teeth steaming. (Similar to jack Monroe)

- she always has a sassy reply to someone, aka everyone, she comes across (...jack monroe)

- has a number of untrained dogs who chew, piss, shit everywhere and then gets in a strop when she is banned from places. She met up with an "ex" who brought his young gf along and lizs dog chewed her clothes. Liz thought it was funny. She is vile.

- she slagged off davids ex wife, called her "garnier fructis" as that was her "poor supermarket shampoo "she had left behind in the bathroom.

- she has talked about davids drug use, ED etc. Makes out he lives in squalor and beartes him regularly that he cannot keep her in the lifestyle she believes she should get.

- I know it may be bad form to mention another forum, but there is a huge thread on her on DS. "garnier fructis" also popped on at one point!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
It’s so telling that no one has had a bad word to say about him. He sounds like a truly lovely man 🖤
Nicky really was so sweet and kind. His brother (the one married to my sister) is very similar in nature. I absolutely adore my brother-in-law, he has time for everyone. 💜

I am so sad for my sister and her husband and the rest of his family. They had the Daily Mail outside their house last week doorstepping them. Fucking parasites the press are!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
Did you not see her “story” of being in a male model “sandwich” with the Kamen brothers in the Fail earlier this week following Nick Kamen’s passing? Has to jump in with a know doubt heavily exaggerated anecdote. I doubt Nick would’ve remembered meeting her.
I knew that the likes of her would have jumped on the “I met Nick Kamen” bandwagon. He most definitely would not have been able to recall her name, let alone remember the encounter. As for calling him an Essex Boy, he was only that because of the town he was brought up in. Nicky was brought up with impeccable manners and came from good family. He resembled nothing like the stereotypical Essex Boys of today. I know all this because my sister is married to one of his brothers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It seems this is the guy Liz did not have sex with: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0335633/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t44. And this is how he looked as a young man.

"He was in Cry Freedom with Kevin Kline" ... as "2nd Security Guard"

Yeah, he is quite attractive and was handsome when he was young but "everyone should be jealous" because you didn't have sex with him? I don't think so, Liz
I wish it had been Russell grant the astrologer - that would have been a plot twist worthy of a column

• Haha