Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here are the contents of my LJ Bingo card..

crappy engagement ring
Diptique Candles
WAXING
Victoria Beckham dress
Having no friends
Giving money to family
Men never paying for anything
MINI PUPPY
Dead horse
Stealing sperm
Dunhill Lighter
Mini breaks
Disgusting sex details
Being frigid
David’s ponytail
New mystery man
SATC / Carrie Bradshaw
Nic being bitchy
DEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong
Vegetarianism
Liam Neeson
My genuine sympathy for her

Most of these get a regular mention. I’ve never had a full house due to the last one never happening...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She used to be in the papers a lot when I was at Uni for saying wild things. I used to read her column on my lunch break on a Sunday. Sometimes I used to think the Mail were setting her up ala Samantha Brick.
LOL. Liz jones has a twitter account, she recently posted a pic of snow from her window and one of the comments was from...

Ta-dah! Samantha Brick 🤣

I'm somewhat of an lj expert since the Nirpal diaries back in the day, she became a weird fascination for me.
Well worth going through her diary archives, particularly around the (fake) 'rockstar' era, judging by today's column, he may well be resurrected for 2021...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I remember when she was married to Nirpal and got so much mileage out of the relationship. She earned so much money that he could stay at home and look after their cats. Week in week out she moaned about him... until they split up... now there’s a surprise. She then moved to Exmoor and rescued horses....I lost interest at this point. She’s a right weirdo.

Reactions: 6
I hate read this woman every Sunday... please forgive me tattlers!!

- never found out who the rockstar was. She hinted it was Jim kerr until the cease and desist from him.

- she sometimes claims she slept with michael Hutchenson, sometimes she claims she just stayed in the same hotel room as him.

- she recycles stories with different people involved.

- she is POOR but can still afford holidays, beauty treatments, teeth steaming. (Similar to jack Monroe)

- she always has a sassy reply to someone, aka everyone, she comes across (...jack monroe)

- has a number of untrained dogs who chew, piss, tit everywhere and then gets in a strop when she is banned from places. She met up with an "ex" who brought his young gf along and lizs dog chewed her clothes. Liz thought it was funny. She is vile.

- she slagged off davids ex wife, called her "garnier fructis" as that was her "poor supermarket shampoo "she had left behind in the bathroom.

- she has talked about davids drug use, ED etc. Makes out he lives in squalor and beartes him regularly that he cannot keep her in the lifestyle she believes she should get.

- I know it may be bad form to mention another forum, but there is a huge thread on her on DS. "garnier fructis" also popped on at one point!
She's like a non political Katie Hopkins. Sanctimonious and hypocritical.

I remember one night on a popular 'mums' forum and someone posting 'I'm at a party with L (name redacted) and she's snorting ****!' and then uploaded a there and then pic of L at the party.
There was no backlash anywhere in the media and LJ only referred to it years later to use as a smear against David and his friends (the grass from the party).
The thread on the mum site was eventually removed.
Was a bit exciting to see it all unfold in real time.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Does anyone remember someone on mumsnet saw her at a party and she was shoveling coke up her beak and they posted a pic of her. It was deleted pretty quickly .
Oh, haha I just commemted about this before seeing your comment. I was on the forum as the 'story' broke 🙈🥂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Smythson?
He's easily track able via her twitter. He seems to be well known in gambling circles.

Ooh! Anyone got a link to JK telling LJ to cease and desist?

crappy engagement ring
Diptique Candles
WAXING
Victoria Beckham dress
Having no friends
Giving money to family
MINI PUPPY
Dead horse
Stealing sperm
Dunhill Lighter
Mini breaks
Disgusting sex details
Being frigid
David’s ponytail
New mystery man
SATC / Carrie Bradshaw
Nic being bitchy
DEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong
Vegetarianism
Liam Neeson

Most of these get a regular mention. I’ve never had a full house due to the last one never happening...
Brilliant! I'm sure there's more... Farmer with a gun

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So glad to find this thread, I forgot my ds log in deets and it's quite tricky with trying to get back to in / get a new account as you have to wait for 'The Moderators'.
Plus ds is quite quiet nowadays but well worth a look at the extensive research on there.
I expect it to perk up too, now she's reintroduced The Rock Star.
😎

She wrote a book maybe last year, called something Like 8.5 stone and written it from the perspective of a much larger woman.
I haven't read it but I've seen reviews on ds from non-fans who've read it.
it's supposedly vile in terms of body shaming, she widely misses the mark whilst pretending to be 'woke' & inclusive, but the publishers must have ascertained who her fans are and sent them free copies, people wrote about being in tears from laughing so much 🤔

She was supposed to be doing a promo stage show to promote the book but it was all postponed / cancelled due to the corona

I am amazed she still has that column in You magazine each week. She is one of the most annoying women on the planet. She also has a great sense of entitlement. 🙄
It's galling as there is no shortage of good writers who have interesting things to say.

I know tabloids like the Fail are all about the clickbait but it's just mind-numbing at this point. Used to be fun to gawk at these train-wreck columnists but I'd rather read something with substance and judging by how few people comment on Liz's nonsense these days I'd wager I'm far from the only one.

So glad to find this thread, I forgot my ds log in deets and it's quite tricky with trying to get back to in / get a new account as you have to wait for 'The Moderators'.
Plus ds is quite quiet nowadays but well worth a look at the extensive research on there.
I expect it to perk up too, now she's reintroduced The Rock Star.
😎

She wrote a book maybe last year, called something Like 8.5 stone and written it from the perspective of a much larger woman.
I haven't read it but I've seen reviews on ds from non-fans who've read it.
it's supposedly vile in terms of body shaming, she widely misses the mark whilst pretending to be 'woke' & inclusive, but the publishers must have ascertained who her fans are and sent them free copies, people wrote about being in tears from laughing so much 🤔

She was supposed to be doing a promo stage show to promote the book but it was all postponed / cancelled due to the corona

Ha!

Tbh when I see anything Jack Monroe related, I always think of Liz Jones. They have a great deal in common. Wealthy backgrounds that they constantly lie about, fancy schools, eating disorders, misogyny, success based on connections over talent, and relying on people hate reading their hypocritical tomes for a living.

The young wokesters like to think they are reinventing the wheel, but Liz Jones and her ilk cared more about duck pouts, cats,
”influencing” and veganism many years before their idols did.

The new book makes sense as to why a thread about a 90‘s non entity was started randomly on a gossip site. If you’re reading this Liz, did you ever get your pubes tattooed back on?

I distinctly remember your article lamenting years of religiously waxing had given you an, ahem, bald spot...

• Haha
Reactions: 12

crappy engagement ring
Diptique Candles
WAXING
Victoria Beckham dress
Having no friends
Giving money to family
MINI PUPPY
Dead horse
Stealing sperm
Dunhill Lighter
Mini breaks
Disgusting sex details
Being frigid
David’s ponytail
New mystery man
SATC / Carrie Bradshaw
Nic being bitchy
DEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong
Vegetarianism
Liam Neeson

You missed:
Oily baths
Dries Van Noten something or other
Spiky flowers
Paying for everything for her friends/family despite their inevitable ingratitude...
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You missed:
Oily baths
Dries Van Noten something or other
Spiky flowers
Paying for everything for her friends/family despite their inevitable ingratitude...
😂
Even her close family can’t stand the witchy-looking pretentious old crone. She’s such a sad, desperate soul who has tried to buy family and friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember when she was married to Nirpal and got so much mileage out of the relationship. She earned so much money that he could stay at home and look after their cats. Week in week out she moaned about him... until they split up... now there’s a surprise. She then moved to Exmoor and rescued horses....I lost interest at this point. She’s a right weirdo.
and i remember her saying he asked not to feature in her column anymore yet he was literally 80% of the content. Other than her complaining abotu her ungrateful family and friends anyway

crappy engagement ring
Diptique Candles
WAXING
Victoria Beckham dress
Having no friends
Giving money to family
MINI PUPPY
Dead horse
Stealing sperm
Dunhill Lighter
Mini breaks
Disgusting sex details
Being frigid
David’s ponytail
New mystery man
SATC / Carrie Bradshaw
Nic being bitchy
DEAFNESS
Ancient Myla thong
Vegetarianism
Liam Neeson

"Poo-picking"
Eating only vegan food
Midnight Storm hair
Dry clean only
Dogs "stress wee"
GIANT TEENAGERS

I am amazed she still has that column in You magazine each week. She is one of the most annoying women on the planet. She also has a great sense of entitlement. 🙄
When they gave Elizabeth Day a column it really felt like they intended her to replace Liz (especially since Day's "USP" is constant complaining - just like the "Liz Jones moans"), yet Liz is still there ...

Oh my god I haven’t thought about her for years, I actually used to really enjoy hate reading her column! Is she not with David any more? Any want to give me a quick catch up on what’s been happening for the last few years? She’s truely awful isn’t she!
It's rather a sad story. There was a time when she had a modicum of talent... but that is long ago now.
She made the classic mistake of thinking that life was all about money and things. So she made quite a lot of money and bought some insanely expensive things... but she didn't realise that she was a) hideously lonely because she's not very nice and b) paying tax on your earnings is somethig of a given.
Consequently, she had to give up a house she bought up here (a funny story in itself: a *friend* acted as an intermediary in the purchase, persuaded her to pay way over the odds and got a slice of the profit!) when she was bankrupted by HMRC. She had previously owned a house in Somerset or thereabouts and a sizeable parcel of land. I know the house went but I'm not sure about the land.
Nowadays, she shares a rented ex-domestic servant's quarters here and, judging by the internal photos, in a state of near squalor (coincidentally, her old house that she had to sell in Low Row was also described as such by someone who viewed it).
She doesn't really do anything all day, doesn't engage with the locals and cuts a rather sad figure of a lonely old lady in her mid-sixties.
As far as her (ironic laugh) love-life is concerned, she tried to coerce a very ex-boyfriend into marriage because he had a) elderly parents with money and b) a flat in London. She failed. Prior to that she had invented a "famous Rock Star" boyfriend which, against the odds, caught a section of the public's interest for a while (aided and abetted by Ms Jones herself who invented a number of sock puppets on Mumsnet to stoke interest). Sadly, by this stage, she had acquired quite a thirst and, as a consequence, kept making mistakes in her narrative with regards to who he was, what he looked like, what he did, what he owned and other such trifling details.
In an attempt to draw all this together, she attempted to explicitly imply that it was Jim Kerr. When that blew up in her face, she claimed that her boyf had been at it in her (company rented) London flat with a third party and that she had binned him.
With literally nothing else going on in her life, she has since fixated on various exes, her ex-husband, an ex-colleague with whom she worked twice, as well as anyone who she feels has slighted her (anyone who is successful, married, solvent etc.) and is charting her own decline into madness.
She wrote two truly awful books: one an 'autobiography' and the other a 'novel', both of which bombed. There was talk of a tour to promote the latter which had to be cancelled (allegedly because of The Rona) which left several dozen ticket holders somewhat disappointed.
She now lives in a fantasy life, thoughtfully enabled by her 'assistant', and dreams of owning another house, of money and of glamour. A bit like Miss Havisham's older sister.
And today? Well, she thought she'd trot out the Fake Rock Star again (having conveniently forgotten that he'd allegedly cheated on her [see "quite a thirst" above]) with impeccable Lockdown timing.
Will they? Won't they? who cares, eh?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
That latest novel was truly appalling. Clearly no editor had been within a mile of it. It was also pretty offensive in parts (racist, ablist, you name it). Absolutely tiny publisher too - I wonder if it was effectively self-published.

Reactions: 6
"Poo-picking"
Eating only vegan food
Midnight Storm hair
Dry clean only
Dogs "stress wee"
GIANT TEENAGERS

When they gave Elizabeth Day a column it really felt like they intended her to replace Liz (especially since Day's "USP" is constant complaining - just like the "Liz Jones moans"), yet Liz is still there ...
She must be shagging the Editor on the quiet. 🤣

• Sick
LOL. Liz jones has a twitter account, she recently posted a pic of snow from her window and one of the comments was from...

Ta-dah! Samantha Brick 🤣

I'm somewhat of an lj expert since the Nirpal diaries back in the day, she became a weird fascination for me.
Well worth going through her diary archives, particularly around the (fake) 'rockstar' era, judging by today's column, he may well be resurrected for 2021...
I literally used to cringe at what she wrote about him and I've cringed about most of her articles ever since. She seems so unbalanced and so friendless because she is completely weird. Her hair was always 'too' black, in fact everything was always 'too' whatever it was she was on about that week.

Reactions: 8
I literally used to cringe at what she wrote about him and I've cringed about most of her articles ever since. She seems so unbalanced and so friendless because she is completely weird. Her hair was always 'too' black, in fact everything was always 'too' whatever it was she was on about that week.
She is really intense and high maintenance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.