Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she not have a bunch of sockpuppets on Mumsnet at one point?
Sorry if this has already been answered, am catching up, she had a pseudonym on mumsnet, something like kitty or kittycat as far as I can recall, was a loooong time ago

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes, I give up already.
Sorry! It was a really long time ago, she was on some liz jones discussion threads. It must have been during the time that the rock star boyfriend was on the scene. Either her or nic. I'll have a quick gander see if I can find owt

Reactions: 4
I went back to look. Think I was confused there was a poster called kittya who was v prominent on those posts. Still convinced lj was posting with a name along those lines...

Reactions: 3
I was on those Mumsnet threads, wish I could remember some of the other contributors. The only ones I recall def weren’t her socks. There was one who claimed to be a DM journo but wasn’t very complementary if memory serves. The Sleb Twaddle category got deleted didn’t it?

I’ve found what I think is the original MN thread from 2010. Reading back it looks like JK was suggested, the idea had legs so she possibly saw it and ran with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Has anyone else read her latest book? Not that I’d recommend it - it appears to be self-published and is riddled with typos and all kinds of nasties (racism, ableism, fattism, misogyny, plain old hate for everything and everyone), not to mention it is atrociously written. A friend and I sort of bet each other to give it a try when it first came out last year - it is probably the worst thing I’ve ever read (and I’ve read Robert Elms’ “In search of the crack”).
It's vile and badly written too. It's the only book I've requested a refund for on the Kindle🤨

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Did anyone spot this on her website: "Buy now to get your personalised signed copy (of 8 1/2 Stone) and receive a free and exclusive PDF and audio extract of The Tortoise. A spicy, sexy revenge thriller where a woman scorned is a woman he shouldn't have crossed..."

Yay! Another novel to look forward to! One I'm sure will be about as sexy as Michael Gove wearing the Myla thong on his head

This week's column appears to be a response to Nirpal's recent article about Liz. It appears a new episode of the podcast was put up and then pulled, I wonder why? Has someone on the legal side had a word in Liz's shell-like already?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Did anyone spot this on her website: "Buy now to get your personalised signed copy (of 8 1/2 Stone) and receive a free and exclusive PDF and audio extract of The Tortoise. A spicy, sexy revenge thriller where a woman scorned is a woman he shouldn't have crossed..."

Yay! Another novel to look forward to! One I'm sure will be about as sexy as Michael Gove wearing the Myla thong on his head
She has to be the least spicy sexy person alive - she has all the allure of week-old porridge - why on earth is she going down this route??

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her 'midnight storm' barnet, lol. Even she admits that the intense, darkness-of-a-black-hole that she dyes it is harsh and unnatural. But she does it anyway. So leave Britney Helen Mirren ALONE!!

Reactions: 9
Podcast ep is back! A digest:

This week's column is indeed on the subject of Nirpal. Liz was "on a terrace overlooking Windermere" with Isabel when she heard of Nirpal's article about her. It rattled her illusory 5 seconds of calm, not happiness, as Liz has "a disease that means she can never be happy." She sneers at Nirpal because he was broke when they met, and now has moobs. Liz and Nic roast him over his infidelity, which is fair enough but Nic became friends with Liz after the divorce. Has Nic even ever met Nirpal? There is some circlejerking over how strong Liz is and how much she put up with. Liz denies she was ever racist towards Nirpal (because she has never, ever made racist remarks about him in print), and rattles off a list of designer goods she bought him. Doing nothing to challenge his assertions in the article that she treated him poorly and then showered him with unsolicited presents so he wouldn't leave.

A rant about how Liz single-handedly built Nirpal's writing career ends with her swearing whilst Nic cackles like a witch; and Liz yelling "Get back in your box! Don't take on me! I'm the best writer in the country!" Direct quote. They laugh about scaring off Liz's carpenter who was in earshot. After some unrelated bitchy criticism of other women, Liz reads out an archive column about the "cow trollop baggage" Nirpal had an affair with. Liz emailed this woman to rant about her sleeping with Nirpal; and was then both incensed and totally shocked that, rather than apologise, the woman contacted the Daily Mail to ask that they tell Liz to leave her alone!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Thanks, witchofWB!

Hmmm, she may never have said racist things in print. . . .but as a minority myself, I can’t help but wonder what she said in private. After all, she confesses to essentially fetishising black and Asian men, which is gross and inappropriate and a leetle bit racist.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.