Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When did her dog kill her cat?
I don't think they killed the cat but did savage the cat and tear her fur off. The cat was a rescue cat from Celia Hammond, according to Liz members of the public contacted Celia Hammond who called her and asked "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs will do it again?" Liz said no, and that was apparently that, nothing was done

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't think they killed the cat but did savage the cat and tear her fur off. The cat was a rescue cat from Celia Hammond, according to Liz members of the public contacted Celia Hammond who called her and asked "can we have an update? Do you think the dogs will do it again?" Liz said no, and that was apparently that, nothing was done
Thank you for clearing that up🙂 Through all her faults, LJ is an animal lover and I think that’s why I kept going with the columns even though I find her other traits a bit odd.

Reactions: 1
She's actual not even any good with animals because she left her dogs in a hot car because she wanted a day at the spa during a scorching hot spring/summer either last year or the year before last...will see if I can find it. It was okay though because she cracked a window open!!!

Also, she proudly boats about her dogs destroying everything they come across and doing "stress wees" at the drop of a hat like it's cute and clever but this just says to me that she has utterly failed those poor mutts and should not be allowed to keep them. On more serious notes they have also worried at sheep and made innocent walkers in the country nervous but of course it's never Madam's fault and all these people are just clueless judgmental meanies who dislike her.

Dogs need discipline and lots of exercise but IIRC she believes it's against their "rights" to be trained.

She also "kidnapped" David's cat which actually belonged to his ex and bragged on and on about how she was keeping it from them.

If you pay attention to patterns in her writing a lot of the animals she's owned/looked after have not come out of it at all well. I wouldn't want any pet of mine in a million miles of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She also let her dog kill sheep when she lived on Exmoor. She shouldn't be allowed animals.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
She also "kidnapped" David's cat which actually belonged to his ex and bragged on and on about how she was keeping it from them.
She has behaved disgustingly towards David's ex. She's revealed personal details about this woman, given information about her that would allow others to find her on social media, made snide comments about how "old" she looks because she's had children, and referred to her as "Garnier Fructis Woman" - we know this to be a huge insult because she said Nirpal used Fructis!! David also had children with an ex-wife from (iirc) Hong Kong whom Liz seemed to like more but described in very patronising, sometimes racist terms

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I've just read the free kindle chapter of Exmoor diaries and, jeez she sounds like one unhappy person.
yeah she never seems happy with anything, I would feel bad for her if she wasn't so insufferable. I remember once on holiday starting to read a book of her You columns... they are pretty annoying to read on a weekly basis, but reading more than one at a time... I gave up after a few pages

Reactions: 2
She has behaved disgustingly towards David's ex. She's revealed personal details about this woman, given information about her that would allow others to find her on social media, made snide comments about how "old" she looks because she's had children, and referred to her as "Garnier Fructis Woman" - we know this to be a huge insult because she said Nirpal used Fructis!! David also had children with an ex-wife from (iirc) Hong Kong whom Liz seemed to like more but described in very patronising, sometimes racist terms
That’s right! the ex was lambasted in the column many times and Jones also slyly inserted her surname into one article - if you knew it then you knew it was her. The ex also posted for a while over on Digital Spy‘s Jones thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I do remember having my gast flabbered at the money she just used to spunk on stuff despite being constantly skint!
Ooh looking forward to this. She is an absolute arse. I love how she keeps banging on about all these new men who are contacting her since she got twitter.. Don't think lj has twigged yet that sliding into dms is a thing that sleazy men do to all women seeing who will bite....

Ooh looking forward to this. She is an absolute arse. I love how she keeps banging on about all these new men who are contacting her since she got twitter.. Don't think lj has twigged yet that sliding into dms is a thing that sleazy men do to all women seeing who will bite....
Looking forward to this was Meant to be me quoting the linked article above!

Reactions: 3
She seems very fixated on the idea that everyone remembers her as "the girl with the midnight storm hair". And claims to always have her hair done at the most exclusive London salons when it very evidently comes out of a box. For one of her Mail features they sent her to try out a salon where the stylist gave her a much more flattering dark chestnut colour with some lowlights - naturally, Liz didn't keep it
I saw her at the old Harrods salon. She was rude to all. Her colour was free but she wouldn’t pay for a blow dry so checked out with wet hair

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I’ve always read her column in you for years.
then she moved to Yorkshire and I saw her in our vets and made small talk. Only for her to be rude about me in her column three weeks later!! I didn’t admit to reading her column and was glad I hadn’t.

her hair is black and dry, her skin is pale and dry and her vet bill went unpaid!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
She seems very fixated on the idea that everyone remembers her as "the girl with the midnight storm hair". And claims to always have her hair done at the most exclusive London salons when it very evidently comes out of a box. For one of her Mail features they sent her to try out a salon where the stylist gave her a much more flattering dark chestnut colour with some lowlights - naturally, Liz didn't keep it
I believe the quote was "was that the gal with the midnight storm hair?"

As if men ever talk about anyone like that. Her hair dye job makes her look like an elderly Goth.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
then she moved to Yorkshire and I saw her in our vets and made small talk. Only for her to be rude about me in her column three weeks later!! I didn’t admit to reading her column and was glad I hadn’t.

her hair is black and dry, her skin is pale and dry and her vet bill went unpaid!
What a nasty witch!

I just remembered how when she was riding Lizzie the ex racehorse, she wore a body protector ( very sensible, I wear one too !) but she called it “body armour” as if she was one of the SAS on a raid. I was never sure if it was deliberate, to sound more impressive, or if she was just confused!

• Haha

I’m sure you were perfectly pleasant to her, what did she say about you? i used to think this, about LJ, surely everyone can’t be this nasty to her? But I think thats her ‘woe is my way’ to garner attention and create material for her column!

Reactions: 4
I can’t remember her exact words about me but it was along the lines of ...I met this awful woman in the vet who didn’t even ask why I was there.....or some such. We live in Yorkshire, we speak to people, it was obvious she was there with a very old ill dog, I didn’t want to upset her by asking!

• Wow
Reactions: 9

You finally got your own back - well done 👏 :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.