Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Digital spy. It's very wokey. I only read the liz Jones thread!
There's a thread on DS in Chatter, Grumpy Old Women, that's run for yeaaaarrrs and the original joining/contributing criteria was reading Liz Jones' blah blah in the back of the You mag that accompanied the MoS.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She heavily hinted at Jim Kerr, especially with references to his glamorous ex wife (presumably Patsy Kensit) then when he objected she moved on to hinting at Robert Plant or the bloke who was the singer in Killing Joke (Jaz Coleman).

Surely she made it all up? I know that all of the potential candidates for the rock star are knocking on a bit and have passed their career peaks but they have all, to a different degree, been at the top of their respective games. Would they seek out a miserable woe is me whinger who is obsessed with cats and dogs and apparently spends most of her time looking for things to complain about and whining about having to pay HMRC back taxes? Extremely unlikely!

I know a surprising amount about Liz Jones because my mum saves You magazines for me. Because they have clothes, wine and make up in them. I’ve developed a habit of ‘scorn reading’ her column. Does anybody take it seriously? It’s wall to wall misery.

Reactions: 11
Having a skim of this week and this woman is being paid to copy her bloody text messages. FFS WHY!

There are so many talented writers out there desperate for work who lead lives that are actually interesting, and who have something to say. Why can't the DM hire one of them instead? It's not like LJ is even good for clickbait value anymore now the comments section is moderated to death.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know it's the Mail but how on earth does Liz get away with calling one of her exes an "Osama bin Laden" look-a-like, especially in the current social climate with race issues being what they are.

And she really is just awful. Thought it was going to be a positive column this week as she actually started things off quite well but it all too quickly devolved into one of her more bitter and hateful entries. She is more barking mad than her savage untrained dogs.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Does anyone else read her diary every Sunday? It's such a guilty pleasure for me as I find the woman infuriating and despicable but I can't look away. Today, the mad bat is grumbling that having no privacy is horrendous...while taking a very good wage for writing about her private life in one of the most read publications in the world. She's such a troll.

The constant baiting and bullying of her ex-boyfriend David is legit disgusting though, and should be illegal. She's really going for it today and he has no right of reply. It's just wrong.
I used to read her probably-embellished stories each week online, but she just became repetitive.

Oh so she is still nagging poor David is she! Bloody awful woman she is.

I think I last read about her when she was bankrupt and Nic had left her employment (or was it slave trade, cannot remember which. Poor Nic looked after her horses so well).

Reactions: 4
Like most here, I discovered Liz as a teen reading my Mum's Mail Weekend mag. Many years later it emerged that she read it too. We read it together now, online as we refuse to support that rag financially!
I think it's always been morbid fascination that's kept me reading. She paints herself as such a terrible, vain, judgemental person.
I didn't watch her on CBB but nobody had much to say about her at the time - I gather she spun the whole thing as a moneymaking exercise (duh) and free bed and board for a few weeks.

She wanted us to figure out who the photographer (her next victim) was a couple of weeks ago.
Well, in a fit of absolute boredom I tracked him down. He actually does look like Liam Neeson, technically anyway.
The new fella, the one with a wealthy family in leather goods business, sounds a right twit.

Reactions: 5
Ha I used to live in Somerset and she was hated up on Exmoor for all her complaints about the locals. She really insulted them in one of her columns...then whines as they weren’t friendly to her. No Liz....people tend not to like it when you write bullshit about them.

I used to read her column years ago too. I think I remember this was right. He said she put their entire private life in the column and thats why he left her. And he did try and steal his sperm, but agreed he sounded horrible. Like he hated her but OTOH was using her to further his own career and for the status. They were as bad as each other. I'm not sure if a lot of it is made up for the column or if she is an utter fantasist.
Jizz Loans!!

• Haha
She wanted us to figure out who the photographer (her next victim) was a couple of weeks ago.
Well, in a fit of absolute boredom I tracked him down. He actually does look like Liam Neeson, technically anyway.
Or like murderer Kieran Kelly perhaps .....

I can't say serial killer because the jury's a bit out on that one, so to speak. All I'll say is the podcast 'The Nobody Zone' is excellent, and if you're going to read the books about him, make sure it's the one by journalist and broadcaster Rob Mulhern and not the one by former policeman and complete fantasist Geoff Platt.

Now, back to Liz Moans!

kierankelly.jpg

I listened to a couple of her podcasts with her friend Nic. Really vile, especially Nic.

I think I saw these two a few years ago. I went to Richmond in North Yorkshire. I was standing at the edge of the pavement with back to shops and two women passed me, one chubby, the other very thin with curly obviously dyed black hair. She was wearing a cream jacket and jodhpurs. What drew my attention was the thin one had a really loud voice, with a London accent. Sounded attention seeking. Being kind, it
might be because she is deaf (is she, can never tell if she is exaggerating that). A few days later I saw an article about LJ in same outfit.

• Wow
I used to read her column in the You magazine when I was a teenager, about 14/15. I always remember thinking how depressing adult life sounded, now I realise that’s just her 😂

She went into Big Brother too didn’t she?

• Haha
Does anyone remember someone on mumsnet saw her at a party and she was shoveling coke up her beak and they posted a pic of her. It was deleted pretty quickly .

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She used to be in the papers a lot when I was at Uni for saying wild things. I used to read her column on my lunch break on a Sunday. Sometimes I used to think the Mail were setting her up ala Samantha Brick.
Theres a blast from the past, whatever happened to Samantha Brick?! She's another deluded nut job 😄

• Haha
Stop taking the piss out of the modern day Helen of Troy that is Samantha Brick...it just demonstrates that you’re jealous of how beautiful she is ;)

In all seriousness I think she came back a couple of times with some more stupid stories before fading into obscurity. I think the last gasp of her 15mins was a mea culpa saying she regret the “Women Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful” article.

There was that other lady journalist with a squint (I forget her name) at the time who kept boasting how much she hated her kids, while including them and their pictures in her articles. Anyone remember her?

• Haha
Or like murderer Kieran Kelly perhaps .....

I can't say serial killer because the jury's a bit out on that one, so to speak. All I'll say is the podcast 'The Nobody Zone' is excellent, and if you're going to read the books about him, make sure it's the one by journalist and broadcaster Rob Mulhern and not the one by former policeman and complete fantasist Geoff Platt.

Now, back to Liz Moans!

View attachment 207829
I enjoyed that podcast. Can't believe I hadn't heard of this guy before, he pushed people to their death on the underground.

Stop taking the piss out of the modern day Helen of Troy that is Samantha Brick...it just demonstrates that you’re jealous of how beautiful she is ;)

In all seriousness I think she came back a couple of times with some more stupid stories before fading into obscurity. I think the last gasp of her 15mins was a mea culpa saying she regret the “Women Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful” article.

There was that other lady journalist with a squint (I forget her name) at the time who kept boasting how much she hated her kids, while including them and their pictures in her articles. Anyone remember her?
Journalist was Shona Sibury, she was very annoying... she had 4 puppies in 4 years, gets rid of them once they grow into dogs!!???

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I enjoyed that podcast. Can't believe I hadn't heard of this guy before, he pushed people to their death on the underground.

Journalist was Shona Sibury, she was very annoying... she had 4 puppies in 4 years, gets rid of them once they grow into dogs!!???
I googled that Shona Sibary, id never heard of her before. Crikey she's a piece of work isn't she?!
Reminds me a bit of Katie Hopkins.
As for getting and then rehoming four puppies in four years what a vile selfish witch 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 9
It read Liz Jones’ Memoirs so many times in the late 2000s (documenting her marriage) she is such a duck up and hasn’t matured at all. She’s still like a vicious, insecure 13 year old. But she knows it (whether that’s because it’s an act, or she has brief glimpses of self awareness,I don’t know) There are huge inconstancies even In the book which would’ve been edited/ copy written etc

I’m not sure her ex H was a wanker as much as just swept away with the madness of LJ- she clearly decided she wanted to be married now, and a niave 20 something trying to get into media was her best hope really.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.