Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else read her diary every Sunday? It's such a guilty pleasure for me as I find the woman infuriating and despicable but I can't look away. Today, the mad bat is grumbling that having no privacy is horrendous...while taking a very good wage for writing about her private life in one of the most read publications in the world. She's such a troll.

The constant baiting and bullying of her ex-boyfriend David is legit disgusting though, and should be illegal. She's really going for it today and he has no right of reply. It's just wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43
I haven’t read about her for years. My parents were Daily Mail readers and as a teen I would sometimes read her column in You Magazine. I only vaguely remember she had an hole husband.

Reactions: 30
I haven’t read about her for years. My parents were Daily Mail readers and as a teen I would sometimes read her column in You Magazine. I only vaguely remember she had an hole husband.
She was married to a guy named Nirpal for a while and he does seem vile but then so does she. At least when together others were safe!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh my god I haven’t thought about her for years, I actually used to really enjoy hate reading her column! Is she not with David any more? Any want to give me a quick catch up on what’s been happening for the last few years? She’s truely awful isn’t she!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I used to read it regularly as a teen when I still lived at home.

I remember the ex-husband Nirpal(?).
Then didn’t she buy a place in the countryside and rescue horses 🤔

When I go home for a visit to my parents I’ll look at her page the odd time and can’t believe she’s still whinging on about the same sh*t!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I used to read it regularly as a teen when I still lived at home.

I remember the ex-husband Nirpal(?).
Then didn’t she buy a place in the countryside and rescue horses 🤔

When I go home for a visit to my parents I’ll look at her page the odd time and can’t believe she’s still whinging on about the same sh*t!!
yes when she moved to the countryside and had the horses was when I was reading it - she was desperately poor and vets bills were huge but she was travelling in to “town” all the time for interviews and to meet friends and then on glamorous mini breaks with the boyfriend. I thought a lot of it was made up of I’m honest but you never know

Reactions: 18
Why did she break up with David?

The whole Nirpal saga was just sad. He was obviously with her for her money/lovely house in Islington.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Ohhhh I’ve been waiting for a thread on Her!
She is a narcissist! A massive massive narcissist, who is NEVER wrong. She wasted so much money, was made bankrupt and has hasn’t stopped spending. Is spiteful about everyone she comes into contact with, people who have giant children, who dare to be more affluent than her, who don’t pluck, wax, facelift their bodies to maintain their size 6 figure and midnight storm hair.

She bullies David constantly, even when he specifically and mentioned in her column has asked her not too.

She lies about everything, including being in a relationship with a “rock star” who she heavily heavily hinted at being Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, until he supplied her with a cease and desist!

She allowed her untrained dogs “puppies” to kill one of her cats and they regularly bothered people and other animals on walks, and destroy expensive furniture and then wonder why no one would rent to her.

She increasingly thinks she’s funny, the columns are generally filled with “wahhhhhh” “viz” but the columns have turned into a waffling mess, that hardly make sense.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Why did she break up with David?

The whole Nirpal saga was just sad. He was obviously with her for her money/lovely house in Islington.
IIRC she said she married him for a column, so not great behaviour on her end either. Everything I've seen points to them both being as horrible as each other.

I think Nirpal was the one whose sperm she tried to steal as well.

Ohhhh I’ve been waiting for a thread on Her!
I'm glad I could help, haha! I have been seeing stories dotted about for years of how horrendous a person she is. I don't think I've seen literally one nice thing ever said about her except maybe her efforts to help animals but reading between the lines I think the hurts more than she helps. I do recall she left her dogs in a car on a hot day while she went to a spa but the window was open so it was alright!

I have her up there with Caitlin Moran and Jan Moir as the most toxic, pathetic excsues for "journalists" you can find.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I always thought her stories were a bit exaggerated you know for the column if not she must live a crazy life.

Reactions: 9
IIRC she said she married him for a column, so not great behaviour on her end either. Everything I've seen points to them both being as horrible as each other.

I think Nirpal was the one whose sperm she tried to steal as well.
I used to read her column years ago too. I think I remember this was right. He said she put their entire private life in the column and thats why he left her. And he did try and steal his sperm, but agreed he sounded horrible. Like he hated her but OTOH was using her to further his own career and for the status. They were as bad as each other. I'm not sure if a lot of it is made up for the column or if she is an utter fantasist.

Reactions: 8
Wow seems like a lot of us know of Liz through our parents being DM readers as teenagers 😂

This woman is SO strange but I've not read anything about her in recent years. I remember reading about her breast reduction to remove her boobs purely to give her a completely flat chested look like a supermodel . She's really riddled with body dysmorphia isn't she? And I weirdly remember she would only ever have glass bottles of San pellegrino sparkling water in her fridge

I used to read her column years ago too. I think I remember this was right. He said she put their entire private life in the column and thats why he left her. And he did try and steal his sperm, but agreed he sounded horrible. Like he hated her but OTOH was using her to further his own career and for the status. They were as bad as each other. I'm not sure if a lot of it is made up for the column or if she is an utter fantasist.
I actually forgot about the sperm thing!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
God I’ve not read her column for ages
The last time I recall she was bleating in about how she hated the countryside and hated the neighbours and everyone within a 30 miles radius or was it the other way round, did they all dislike her?
She literally used to moan about anything

Reactions: 14
Another one who read it whilst living at home, my parents had the Mail delivered on a Sunday. The woman literally never stopped moaning about anything and everything. I loved to hate read it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She used to be in the papers a lot when I was at Uni for saying wild things. I used to read her column on my lunch break on a Sunday. Sometimes I used to think the Mail were setting her up ala Samantha Brick.

Reactions: 11
Liz Jones moaned about her finances, and that The Inland Revenue are threatening to make her bankrupt, she’s £15,000 in arrears with her mortgage and has just paid £95 to have the punctures on two wheelbarrow tyres repaired. (Round these parts, whole wheelbarrows don’t cost that much.)

Two days later, a miraculous financial transformation appears to have taken place as Liz sings the praises of her new hair treatment a Brazilian blow dry that took three hours and cost £200.

Let’s just hope the lady from the tax office didn’t read that days Daily Mail…

Oh and Private Eye says: "...But the creditors in her much-chronicled bankruptcy have been given a slightly different vision. Late last year they accepted her proposal to pay off her debts, as documented exhaustively if inconsistently in her column, at the rate of 24.82 pence in the pound. They were also offered this startling confession: "I would like to make my creditors aware that my column and any other article I write is ficticious [sic]. It is my job to write about an extravagant lifestyle. My professional persona and my real persona are significantly different, particularly financially."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Hahaha I’m another teenage reader at home and occasionally at my in laws on a Sunday as the read the DM.
I always used to wonder if people actually live lives like that in “fancy London town” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She once complained that, when booking into a Premier Inn, there was nobody to carry her bags upstairs. That must be made up!

I read her book actually: not the ’How a single girl got married’ shameless attempt at Bridget Jones bandwagon jumping, but the one called ‘Girl least likely to’ or something, about her childhood and youth. That, I suspect, was an attempt to jump on the ‘misery memoir’ bandwagon. Anyway it was boo hoo all the way until she ends up in her twenties, an anorexic fusspot living on hazelnut yogurt and self-pity. It was exhausting to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.