Liz Jones #2 Nobody puts the Myla Thong in a corner!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I think Nic will flit away soon if the cash dries up? The comments in DM are particularly ruthless this week too.. many folk warning her off Nigel and his ex wife and likening her to a delusional stalker.

Hope you getting through it @witchofwestbyfleet , missing your insights particularly on LJ’s latest implosion!🙂
What on earth is the piece of news that she can’t tell her readers yet.. have her eyebrows fallen off?
That she didn't get a job she went for and *gasp* was turned down for a mortgage.

Reactions: 3
This is sad:

You know something's wrong if Gracie isn't destroying furniture. I'm not making fun here, Gracie may well be close to the end (remember that she's 13 years old) and it will be heartbreaking for Liz. But I hope that she does the right thing for Gracie when it's time, unlike some of her other pets whose suffering she prolonged because she couldn't say goodbye

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Yeah I agree that it’s heartbreaking to lose a pet and also hope LJ doesn’t think she can cure a terminal illness or try a fanciful intervention. I hope the vet gives her concrete facts if Gracie is terribly unwell too? The addition of the fourth rescue collie can’t have helped such an old dog either.. sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah I agree that it’s heartbreaking to lose a pet and also hope LJ doesn’t think she can cure a terminal illness or try a fanciful intervention. I hope the vet gives her concrete facts if Gracie is terribly unwell too? The addition of the fourth rescue collie can’t have helped such an old dog either.. sad.
Vets have given her concrete facts before that she has not listened to. I don't doubt Liz does feel deeply for her animals, but sometimes you really do have to do what's best for them no matter how painful it is. We know Nic reads Tattle and reports back to Liz: please, please tell her to listen to what's best for Gracie. She has you to support her

This is sad:

You know something's wrong if Gracie isn't destroying furniture. I'm not making fun here, Gracie may well be close to the end (remember that she's 13 years old) and it will be heartbreaking for Liz. But I hope that she does the right thing for Gracie when it's time, unlike some of her other pets whose suffering she prolonged because she couldn't say goodbye
Back from the vet; "stiff and incontinent" doesn't sound like much of a diagnosis to me...

Reactions: 5
If the diary time lag is correct, it would be a few weeks ago now that Gracie had a supposed raised temperatureand maybe a bladder infection? This is what the vet apparently said after her collapse..
Her Twitter feed is current though so that old dogs been sick for a few weeks now. Sigh…

• Sad
Reactions: 4
She’s now saying (on Twitter feed)that Gracie has ‘gone off nappy’ and has gone ‘rogue’?? What the flamin eff does that mean? I hope this is post vet and not some Dunning Kruger diagnosis of Liz.
Hmm... a piss pad on the bed... nice!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
She really shouldnt be allowed to keep animals IMHO... the greatest kindest thing we can do for an animal is to know when the time has come, and ask the vet to speed their journey. But, as always, it's all about Liz Liz Liz...

There is no new podcast this week, maybe Liz and / or Nic is on holiday? But Liz tweeted a video of herself howling like a werewolf (or as she calls it "singing") in front of poor bemused Gracie sitting on the sofa. Does she not think Gracie has been through enough already?

• Haha
  • Wow
There is no new podcast this week, maybe Liz and / or Nic is on holiday? But Liz tweeted a video of herself howling like a werewolf (or as she calls it "singing") in front of poor bemused Gracie sitting on the sofa. Does she not think Gracie has been through enough already?
Update: Liz tweeted the podcast is out at midnight. Since she has been hinting at a "big announcement" I wonder if the podcast announces it? She's seemed awfully chipper the last few days despite Gracie being ill, so it must be something that makes her happy ...

"In Which It's All About Liz's Mum" (i.e. all about Liz - again.) Podcast. Cut for length:

Let's get this out of the way, she didn't make an announcement. I wonder if it was just late because it took longer to edit ie she and Nic were still recording from their separate homes.

Nic has caught COVID from her boyfriend, she complains that he finally gave her something after forgetting her birthday and Valentine's Day. This week's "Miranda Priestley Moment" was Liz and Nic making demands in a restaurant and stressing the poor waitress. Liz says that 60 years ago this week, the first ever breast implant surgery was performed. She and Nic talk extensively about their plastic surgery, Nic had a "tummy tuck" after a huge weight loss. Liz thinks that counselling should be mandatory before having plastic surgery. Doctors do have to ask questions to ensure the patient is psychologically suitable, does not have BDD, etc and they can require the patient have counselling first before the operation goes ahead. If Liz was 29 when she had a breast reduction, that was in the late 1980s, things have moved on since then.

Liz says she never took her top off during her marriage to Nirpal because she was so embarrassed by her scars and deflated boobs from the surgery. She extrapolates her theory that regular women (ie not celebrities) who get breast implants do it so as to appear less "threatening" to men that might otherwise be put off by a woman having opinions and a career. Um ... ok. They talk at length about body image, sexism, and the cosmetic industry. Nic discusses being sexually harassed and men thinking it's OK to try to grope her because she has big breasts. Liz and Nic make some points I agree with, but this is the same duo who just a couple of weeks ago were saying feminism is evil because "why don't feminists think animals more important than human women?"

Liz complains that Nic has been staying in bed recovering from COVID rather than "chasing my invoices." How dare Nic be ill! Nic talks about Star Trek of which she is a fan. Liz says that Nic doesn't laugh at things or get excited about them - well she is able to actually be positive and enjoy something for five minutes! In honour of Mother's Day, Liz's column this week is about her late lamented Mum, yes she of the infamous dementia article. Liz boasts about being "frugal" just like her mother, hahaha!

The column itself is some generic recollections about her mum being very selfless and a lifelong homemaker who never did anything for herself or spent money on herself. Liz throws in some stuff at the end about how she blew money on designer goods for her mum, but then never gave it to her. She says her mum didn't even expect the children to do chores, and it's only recently that Liz learned how to iron a tea towel, shocker! Nic asks if Liz's expectations of men have been too high because her parents' marriage was happy. Liz says her dad wasn't perfect because "he was Welsh, he had a temper, he went to the pub every night ..." One of these things is not like the others. She wonders if she is too critical of men, and concludes she didn't have children because "she didn't want to be a slave like her mum." Nothing requires you to be a slave or to do things exactly the way your mother would do them.

Liz segues into a story about covering an Oscars after-party where she realised all the celebrities (whom she name-drops repeatedly) had the same insecurities as anyone else and she and Nic agree isn't it better to have a simple life like Liz's mum? Yeah, I'm not touching that one. We finish with an arse-kissing letter from someone complaining she "couldn't sleep for days" after receiving mean comments online because she stood up for animal rights! I'm more likely to believe Elvis Presley is still alive than that this is a genuine letter from a fan. And then Liz "sings", destroying the eardrums of anyone still tuned in.

oh dear oh dear and I've just read that before coffee, need my coffee crutch, being the weak person I am, before I can even begin to digest that. Thanks @witchofwestbyfleet for recapping so the rest of us don't have to listen

The posts about her Mum are always a hard read. I particularly hate the one where she put a pic of herself at sixty( photoshopped in a bathing suit) beside her Mum at sixty. We were all supposed to exclaim how good Liz looked in comparison. I just thought her Mum looked happy. Who does that about their mother though??
Thanks for that @witchofwestbyfleet, I’m assuming Gracie still alive then?

• Sad
  • Wow
The posts about her Mum are always a hard read. I particularly hate the one where she put a pic of herself at sixty( photoshopped in a bathing suit) beside her Mum at sixty. We were all supposed to exclaim how good Liz looked in comparison. I just thought her Mum looked happy. Who does that about their mother though??
Thanks for that @witchofwestbyfleet, I’m assuming Gracie still alive then?
Yep, Gracie still alive

She recited an entire article about how her mother was so selfless and dedicated and happier than "modern" women, then goes on to say she didn't want children so that she wouldn't have to be a "slave" like her mum. As if there's no middle ground. Nic said something like "your mum had seven children, didn't she give you chores?" and Liz acted shocked, as if she hadn't even considered that as an option

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.