Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hiya - somewhat late to this party, but...

Yes, Andrew G. Doe is my real name... yes, I am the Beach Boys fan... yes, I did send that complaint to Steph, and she copied it to Jones. Steph claims she never told her my name, but got a bit arsey when I pointed out that no-one else could have. I complained to the IPSO, they passed that on to the Wail while considering their judgement (jury still out) and just over a week ago I got a Bibically condescending response from the editor, Robyn Kelly. Sadly, I can't simply repost the message here - aside from any legal considerations, it would be hypocrital in the extreme - but reference was made to serious baseless allegations against guess who. My reply pointed out that what I said was neither baseless nor allegations, as all I'd done was to repeat what Jones had said in Kelly's very own publication down the years: that her dog did kill a sheep, and savage a cat, that she did leave her dogs in a car on the hottest day of that year (a vet was about to call the police) and that all her dogs were barely trained and prone to chewing furniture, not to mention crapping where they saw fit. I may also have said that Jones herself was a proven liar. Oddly, no reply as of today.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

Mediastar

Chatty Member
What really boils my piss is the contempt she shows towards her reader. Back in the day when she'd painted herself into a corner regarding the Fake Rock Star, she wrote that she binned him for shagging some random in the flat The Mail paid for in The Ziggurat before they sacked her. Not only has she *never mentioned it since* which, let's face it, is not her M.O. at all, but is evidently forgiven and forgotten (ditto).
It's so fucking lazy!
As previously mentioned, she's a sad old lady with no life but, if she had any writing talent at all, that wouldn't matter because, if she had an iota of talent, she would still be able to 'write'. As it is, we get week after week of utter bilge at which even the poorest purveyors of Old Rope would turn up their collective noses.

Reactions: 19
In the podcast she claims she wiped it with a napkin and left it there for someone else to clean. So apparently the FRS didn't see or smell that, yet she still lingered by the lavender on the way home
I work in a bookies in a town populated by junkies and alkies and trust me, when one lets go a load, you can smell it, even on the other side of the bandit screen. I call, er, bullshit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

dee_mc

VIP Member
Does anyone besides Liz put their earrings in surgical spirits overnight? She's the only person I've ever heard mention it but as she lets her dogs piss in the house I think I'm justified in disregarding her hygiene advice tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart

shushablay

Chatty Member
Imagine what it must be like though, spouting all that bs in the plodcast and dreary, trying to boast of this wonderful life (when she's not moaning about it) with well endowed rock stars, fancy hotels etc then she sits at home, in her shabby rented house, with 4 untrained, incontinent dogs, knowing that none of it is true, she just a lonely old woman, who has let so many opportunities pass her by, never allowing herself to just be happy with what she has got, always wanting more, and now it is a downward trajectory as she becomes even older and less relevant and into oblivion. tragic really.

Jumbojet1251

Chatty Member
Tomorrow's Drear is dismally awful. She sent Scrace an iPhone (certainly charged to her 'company' so tax deductible). He sent her a £100 matchbox holder by David Linley engraved "my goddess of my light" in Latin. She then broke a confidence, as you may recall, regards to his Christmas/NY plans and he sent the phone back (good for him!). Cue outrage and a tsunami of the usual shit about how wonderful she is and how awful everyone else is. Rinse & repeat.
I bit the bullet and googled the Latin phrase she used. First hit I got was an article about Mussolini 🤣

What a sweet sweet moment that was!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
22-07-04-22-17-16-278_deco.jpg

Vaccinations don't prevent COVID so there's no point in having one and you shouldn't wear a mask because she's PROFOUNDLY DEAF and it has something to do with rape in Bosnia and she just doesn't believe in putting things in her body - unless it's fillers, eyebrow transplants, surgical implements for a facelift etc etc. Yes she really has convinced herself she's this maverick lone voice of wisdom and it's pathetic

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
There Ain't No Party Like a Liz Jones Party (Cuz a Liz Jones Party Don't Bloody Stop) aka Podcast

It's only 33 minutes long this week but feels at least twice that

Nic theatrically shouts "what are you doing, Liz? LIZ?" over the sound of a hairdryer. Liz is fake tanning because she's going to a "posh do at Claridges." Anyone referring to a "posh do" isn't Claridges material. Liz thinks that you need a hairdryer to get the right colour. Nic had a bad experience with fake tan in her 20s and now says she would never do it again. They ponder several outfits Liz could wear to the event: 1) a long Dries Van Noten dress an ex bought her that is "size: fat" (a reference to last week's podcast) and which she says is too big for her. This is the same Liz that insists she is a size 6-8 and lambasted David for buying her underwear in her actual size which is around a 12. 2) Reiss slip dress which is "a bit Kate Moss" but looks like a nightie 3. the famous VB bodycon dress 4. a Reiss jumpsuit. Nic chooses the slip dress as she thinks "Victoria Beckham has had its day" and that it's too difficult to go to the loo in a jumpsuit. Liz whines "why did someone buy me a dress in size fat?"

Liz explains the "Wagatha Christie" trial to Nic which includes a "wood-panelled courtroom worth millions". Nic handily chips in to say "this is all allegedly, we don't want to get sued!" This week Liz has decided she is JUST LIKE Rebekah Vardy. They both have an agent, they've both described men's penises in unflattering terms, they both use "the C-word". Liz and Nic think that the matter should have been solved by Rebekah and Coleen having a cat fight in the street, Liz says neither of these women really matters because they don't even have jobs!

Liz watched The Staircase, there is a documentary on Netflix about the real case but Liz does not care to watch it because the real people involved weren't as attractive as the cast of the drama. Nic says "I'm attracted to Colin Firth, but only in Bridget Jones. I'm attracted to Orlando Bloom, but only as the elf." Liz calls Toni Collette miserable and says she too would fatally push Toni down the stairs if she could. Nic talks about enjoying the documentary because it makes it clear how much work the creators of the drama went to for accuracy. Liz snaps "don't tell me what happens in the ending!"

This week's column: Liz has had an invitation! She talks about "the J-Lo Effect" by which she basically means "getting back together with an ex." And she is J-Lo, natch. Nic highlights how Liz equates herself to Rebekah Vardy, Meghan Markle and others constantly, and now it's J-Lo. Anyway Liz is supposedly back together with the FRS, who dumped his (equally fictional) 20-something girlfriend aka "The Foetus" because they had nothing in common due to her age. The FRS invited Liz to a festival he's playing. Liz normally doesn't like festivals, partly because "I have zero body fat so I can't sleep on nylon." However, she agreed to this one because they're putting up the FRS in a gorgeous hotel suite.

Liz says that she couldn't describe the FRS's penis in a column, it would take an entire novel titled An Unsuitable Boy. Yeah, a novel is the right place for it, cuz the whole thing is fiction. Nic says "cringe!" and "TMI!" The FRS supposedly thinks it's hilarious that Liz calls his ex "the foetus", and complains about David nagging her to buy white pepper. He thinks she's "just like Fleabag but without the mascara or the dead guinea pig." See, Liz, this is how we know he doesn't exist: No man in his right mind thinks you are funny. She demanded vegan pillows, to bring all four collies, and a pair of those industrial earmuffs that air traffic controllers wear on the runway.

She says she asked the FRS "am I a placeholder?" and that she got this from Selling Sunset on Netflix. There is a brief digression while Nic says she doesn't like the show and Liz complains the FRS hasn't watched it. She clarified that she meant is he just using her "until a nubile young trollop comes along?" because he needs a plus one at the event. He says something about not wanting to look out alone over an audience of women needing HRT ... oh, fuck off, Liz. Anyway, she's agreed to go. She said she sent the hotel an "urgent" email to check they will indeed accept four collies, including two that are "doubly incontinent." Counting Liz, that's three incontinent dogs so it's just as well the whole thing is fictional and she isn't actually going.

Nic calls out the FRS on the HRT comment, Liz says "yes, it's ageist, but men are ageist." So are you, cuz you wrote that line. The archive is a "very funny assignment Liz did in 2012" where she was sent to Cheshire, which she compares to Hollywood because it apparently has a lot of gated communities. She was sent to interview WAG Jessica Lawlor, Stephen Ireland's wife. Liz complains that a multi-million pound celebrity mansion should not have children's play equipment in the garden, "why can't they just sit in the corner with a book?" I dunno, Liz, how would you react if someone told you to make your collies sit in the corner and not go out and run around?

Liz is surprised that Lawlor has time to care for fish given they're a large blended family. Lawlor said that one of their staff does it. Liz was disappointed that the roses on display were silk, and that Lawlor and Ireland had ... gasp! Photos of their children on display. Who would want that? Liz is upset that she can't afford to have her hair and nails done as often as a WAG can. Lawlor did not feel she lived a stereotypical WAG lifestyle as she buys high street clothes, although Liz says she had a huge collection of designer shoes and bags. Liz went out for a night on the town with Lawlor and another WAG, she carps "why do rich people always have the same taste?" Including herself in this, as she found out via some website that all rich people like Aesop body products just like her.

Nic cannot pronounce "Louboutins". Lawlor said that she doesn't spend more than £800 on a dress, Liz brags that she is better at being a WAG since all the dresses she considered wearing for Claridges cost over £800. Liz suggested Lawlor invest in art instead of buying designer shoes and clothes, Lawlor wasn't interested. In what way is Liz, who at the time of this article had not yet been made bankrupt but was hundreds of thousands of pounds in debt, qualified to advise a multi-millionaire on investments? Lawlor and her friend admired Liz's Forever 21 dress, but Liz cannot remember how the night out went, she "thinks she lost her eyelashes." Liz thinks this column deserves an award for the rib-tickling line "she nodded her hair extensions."

Fan mail! Someone has actually offered to buy Liz's house so they can rent it back to her. Liz also had an offer from "a movie star" to lend her the money to buy the house, she can prove it's a real movie star, she has the email! Liz feels that it has "restored her faith in human nature" and it's rare to see real issues written about in the media - "they all live in London, they've all got mansions, they've all got pensions." YOU HAD A FORTUNE AND YOU SPUNKED IT DOWN THE DRAIN. She works in a quick swipe at her old landlady's house rules, as if Liz doesn't constantly write about berating David or other boyfriends for not following her rules. Another reader apparently suggested Liz crowdfund, Liz plays the saint and is all "I'd rather they donate to animals." Yeah, this is why they wrapped up early; we'd like to keep our dinner down.

We end on Liz whining again that no one ever helps her and her family, agent, etc. didn't bother to help. Why should her agent get involved? Nic reassures her with a treacly "your readers are your family and they've come through for you

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

Miss Lola

Chatty Member
Podcast later - but wow, she's hinting David is terminally ill, setting up a tragic romance arc for her column. I don't doubt his health is declining sadly but if he really were terminally ill, she'd be all over him, trying to get her name on the house and get what she can when his mother passes away

She used to have a separate mid-week column in the Mail called Liz Jones Moans which was her ranting about different things, in the podcast the last couple of months she's been saying she wants it to be resurrected. Maybe the MOS agreed to add that section to see if there's a case for her to ask the weekly paper for her old column back?
IF David is terminal, she has absolutely NO right to reveal or hint at that sensitive information.
That bloody woman pisses me off so much!

House of Tea

VIP Member
She always has to allude to the fact that men find her sexy. She’s a woman in late middle age. Now that doesn’t preclude you for having a certain something, the Kim Cattrells of the world. But this is Liz Jones. She is plain. Always has been. She’s a has been. Men are not falling at her feet. The thong got a mention without being named as Myla. And cystitis, grim. David is probably using bad health to get her away from him. I don’t get the sense it’s terminal just that he feels he has crossed the line into old age. He can’t be arsed with the drama of some mad old bat nagging him and just generally being annoying.

Previous thread here. Thanks to @Cheeseandchips for the title.

Quick recap:
  • Liz missed her once in a lifetime chance to have a COVID vaccine and now cannot visit Nigel in Australia for more jizz loans.
  • David is BLOCKED! BLOCKED! BLOCKED! because he returned £1000 worth of iPhone Liz bought him "in case he had a stroke."
  • The Dreary Diary inexplicably continues despite its deathly dull nature and the MoS continuing to employ Elizabeth Day AKA time warp Liz from 20 years ago
  • Liz is suspiciously quiet about the "film star" who was "the first man she slept with." We suspect either he or his girlfriend had a word or two with the Press Complaints Commission
Liz's wiki page is here and @LordofEasbyManor gave us a handy summary.

It just shows how desperate and gullible LJ is if she thinks a photographer telling her she looks like a Miss World contestant is true! I'm the same age as her and if someone told me such a stupid piece of flattery I would tell them how ridiculous they were! SHE however basks in all it's glory!
You can be glamorous in your 60s (and beyond) but it generally requires things like not being rude and entitled, not letting your untrained dogs piss and shit everywhere, not oversharing constantly, etc

• Haha
Bat out of Hell aka Podcast

Liz opens by screeching "I've Had The Time of my Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife" at excruciating pitch and volume. Nic tries to tell her to slow down so she can at least be in time with the music. Liz is in the mood for Dirty Dancing because she's just read Jennifer Grey's autobiography, in which Grey makes the claim that Patrick Swayze did not like the famous "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" line. I refer you to the thread title. Liz joyfully misuses and overuses the term "ghosting" again in reference to Grey's claim that Johnny Depp ended their engagement abruptly by not showing up to a date and never contacting her again. She again hilariously uses "antidote" in place of "anecdote." And reads out an extract about Swayze flashing his dick during filming, Liz refers to it as his "front bottom". Liz: it's a dick, get over it.

Liz and Nic laugh at a story going around Facebook of a disgruntled man who sold his ex-wife's wedding dress online with the description "Size: fat" and "would suit a cheap slapper." Liz understands because Nirpal slept around too! As usual, it's all about Liz. She also talks about Davina McCall's show about the menopause, criticising the fact that it was promoted with a poster campaign saying "1 in 10 women give up work because of the menopause." Liz thinks that this basically means no one will want to employ women, since female employees will either be off having babies or they'll be unable to work due to menopause. You heard her, ladies! Let's all STFU and suffer in silence.

Liz gets in a jab again about "women giving up work to marry a rich husband." She thinks women also take time off work for "puppy leave" and "my teenager's on drugs." Nic says HRT is a positive thing that can improve women's lives. Liz bitches that people don't exercise or eat healthily and just expect the GP to fix everything. Sure, some people do; but exercise doesn't fix everyone's health problems, does it? Nevertheless Liz likes Davina because she "has become a champion of older women". She says she was prescribed tablets for her anxiety but "I was too anxious to take them"

Nic talks about how she went on an evening out with a friend who she considers the "father" of her dog Charlie (weird, but OK.) Liz hijacks this by saying she always has to go to things on her own, is ostracised by the fashion industry, etc. and women who won't go on holidays or to restaurants alone are WEAK. Nic moans about having a bill she can't afford and Liz is all "well I'd let you sell my last surviving designer bag but Teddy chewed it", Teddy likes to nose in her handbag and chew stuff so any discipline he learnt in Romania is now out of the window.

Remember Liz hinted at some bad news but then never explained? Well it's finally landed! The owners of the cottage she's currently renting have put it up for sale, but she can't put in an offer herself because the mortgage she has been offered won't cover it. She says that she spent around £40,000 renovating it and while others advised her not to spend that kind of money on a rental, she had to because "I can't live in a dump," "I work from home so it is my workplace", "I work 12-14 hours a day", and "I have to write funny copy." Where is this funny copy? We'd like to see it.

After some talk about what work she had done on the house, she gets on to the real issue: "trolls" who leave "chippy messages", such as "what a shame, Liz having to look after her own horses for a change" (in reference to Liz complaining on Twitter that Nic couldn't do it while she had COVID.) She says "I do that anyway, thanks" and then gloats that "trolls hate it when you say thanks." She reads out another message saying that Liz doesn't travel it anywhere, and snarls "don't call it a DIARY, it's a COLUMN!" Don't call it Liz Jones's Diary then. Change the goddamn name!!! She reads out a long list of countries she has visited in her lifetime and then says "what should I do, sack Nic? Let the collies bark and starve?" You do let them bark and run riot. Then try to drag people through the mud in print when they question whether you're fit to adopt a rescue dog.

Nic of course comes to her defence again and Liz is all "people online think they know more about your life than you do!" There's more straw here than Wicker Man. Liz knows why they do it: they're CHIPPY and they don't like seeing a single, self-made woman who didn't rely on nepotism succeed. SHE didn't have to marry someone to get ahead so people hate her and think she doesn't deserve her success! Chippy! Chippy! Chippy! Everyone else keeps taking from society and giving nothing back: taking maternity leave, taking holidays, going to the GP. While Liz is contributing something positive by employing people! Why the hell should someone work for you if you won't give them breaks or paid leave? It's required by law, for one thing. She and Nic chorus "Chippy! Chippy! Block!" and Liz wails "why is everyone blaming meeeeeeeeeee?"

Archive column! Liz says "people tell me not to keep looking back, but there is an archive section in the podcast, there's nothing I can do about it." Yes there is. It's your podcast; you dictate the content! This one is an op-ed for which she was supposedly nominated for Columnist of the Year, Liz says she didn't win because "people don't like slightly more right-wing papers." I don't know, the Telegraph seems to be doing OK; could it be that some of us just don't like the Mail because it's a sleazy rag?

Has anyone ever asked what Liz's biggest regret in life is? Has anyone ever given a toss? It's that she did not stay in the first house she bought, in Brixton. Liz talks at length about her Laura Ashley wallpaper and how, when the house was almost broken into, her brother stayed over to keep her and her sister (with whom she was sharing the house) safe. Nic says "isn't it nice that you have a positive memory of your family?" LIZ WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT. She barks "I was almost murdered in my bed!" She talks about growing up in Chelmsford and says she is really proud of being from Essex. Sure, Liz, after you spent years lying about it including to Nirpal. She rehashes two columns she wrote a few years ago about Chelmsford (you can find them linked in the wiki) with bonus complaining about pedestrianised streets. Liz concludes with a rambling reflection on how when she left London she left all her "roots" and memories behind, and blaming her decision to move to the countryside on TV property shows.

Fan mail: Nic reads out another comment on the Dreary. Liz says "it's not a DIARY, it's a COLUMN and it's an award-winning column!" Nic reads out a comment about how Liz has a lot to be grateful for. Predictably, Liz's response to this isn't the least bit grateful. Nic finishes with another reader saying he's glad to be a bloke because he has no hang-ups and just gets on with life. That is a moot point. Pretty much everyone in the world has fewer hang-ups than Liz.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

shushablay

Chatty Member
I feel absolutely sick about what she’s doing to those elderly collies? So they’re stuffed in cars for journeys and we’re all told they stress wee? Why? They’re being fed vegan food and human food? They’d effing do better on Pedigree Chum. How many animals has she killed through knowing best. Look up dogs on vegan diets and prepared to be appalled. It affects their bladder and gastro system and their endocrine status. What I said about Dunning Kruger.. they don’t stress wee, SHE causes them to do so!
That's the thing, her alleged love for animals is purely performative as well. I remember when gracie killed one of the cats and she had the temerity to say she was really disappointed with gracie for doing it and couldn't understand why she would do such a thing. FFS woman she's an untrained, obviously unhappy dog, discipline is important for dogs, especially such active intelligent breeds as border collies. She wants to treat them like they are her friends and whilst of course, dogs and cats make great companions, you cannot hold them to human levels of understanding and responsibility. That is why you train dogs, it helps them understand what expectations you have of them and the basics like going outside (or with cats using a litter tray) is a very important first step for everyone's sake, the dogs/cats do not like living in squalor either.

In fact I'm sure I remember a time when she met someone who had 4 well trained dogs with them and Liz lamented and whined oh why could her dogs not behave like that...because you didn't fecking train them you fkn idiot, it's not the dogs fault.

• Haha

Mediastar

Chatty Member
I've worked with Mariella and she is a) a consummate professional and b) a genuinely lovely person.
I don't think anyone has ever said that about Jug-Ears.

• Heart
Here's the original version of her night with MH, from 2009:

"The only star I did have some mild success with was the sex addict Michael Hutchence. I spent the night with him in his suite at the Dorchester, although because I wouldn’t take drugs, smoke a cigarette or drink, he ignored me completely, spending the entire time either on the phone to Australia or asleep."

So...

• Haha
Someone enlighten me here, please: the entire Dreary is about a sixty-three year old woman soiling herself in public yet finding it oddly amusing because a fictional TV character did it too... and I'm supposed to find this in any way diverting ?

It's also, even for her, appallingly badly written, as (allegedly) nicknaming her sister "The Fountain" strongly suggests a different kind of incontinence. I really, really hope that comments are enabled on this.

• Sick

Mediastar

Chatty Member
All things considered I no longer believe the Jim Kerr relationship? He was writing about his girlfriend, a Japanese woman called Yumi during the time frame Jones claimed he was involved with her. Ok.. it may have been an open relationship, conducted around his hotel in Sicily but it’s seeming evermore unlikely.
I’ve always wondered about the connection between her and Nic but it appears to be founded on the fact they are equal partners in business share terms in ‘Liz Jones Goddess PLC’? Any non contributory relationship
( David?) drains the company of cash. It’s not doing well at moment?
The dreary is actually wishful thinking on the part of a failing narcissist, she cannot afford to live the life she claims to have.
There never was a "Jim Kerr relationship". Jonesey thought she'd give it a go by dropping multiple hints in the Dreary and some epic sock-puppetry on Mumsnet.
When it was obvious the jig was up (cease & desist order from one J Kerr) She claimed she'd caught him shagging some random in her 'London flat' (actually a rental paid fir by the Mail before they binned her) and given him the old heave-ho. Something she has *never* bothered to refer ro subsequently.
She writes, she cashes the cheque, she drinks and forgets what she's written. This has happened countless times.
Do you remember her brief sojourn to Camden where she was evicted for lying about how many animals she had? I would be surprised if *she* does... but it still happened!
She leads a weird half-life, enabled by Bebb but just empty and hollow. She was very economical with the actualté when it came to the worth of her assets when she was made bankrupt (whilst they were being flogged off by Bebb) and I would be very interested to know if she fessed up to HMRC about the land she owned in Somerset...
She has no friends, her family have disowned her, she's resorted to vanity publishing and the future looks mighty bleak. Oh dear.

Reactions: 14

Tabitha D

VIP Member
She’s actually written a whole column about shitting herself? This has to be the absolute bottom of the barrel, surely. Dear god.
😕💩💩

• Haha
Reactions: 14