Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I might have said this before but before Covid, if someone was too close to me, I would stand sideways on with both hands on my hips. I looked like an impression of the FA Cup but my elbows created a space which no one could get into unless they wanted my bone in their belly. (Now I sound like Finbar Saunders fnarr fnarr)
Yes to this, stand sideways and also stand with one leg out towards offending creeper, so if they try and get closer they’re either going to trip up or stand on your foot and look like a complete dickhead.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

iieee

VIP Member
I went to McD's at lunch because I am a fat bastard and had lots of monopoly prizes to claim all for me to get a happy meal because my daughter wants the squishmallows and they gave me a book even though I asked for the toy. :cry:

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
I’ve had taxi drivers try to overcharge me on regular trips many times! They don’t think you’ll say anything if you’re a lone woman and it’s late at night. Tough shit mate, I’m not being mugged off.

This cunt face Karen who lives in my apartment building constantly complaining about noise or someone having a cat. Fuck of and get a house then.

Pinkglitter123

While we're on the subject of supermarket gripes, can I add a moan about the child-sized trolleys and the pull-along baskets that they have in Lidl?

A whiny annoying child is not improved by giving them a trolley to charge around with, children do not understand how to behave with a trolley - when to stop and let others pass, how not to block the aisle etc.

Pull-along baskets are a pain as they make you twice as long and twice as wide, the basket wielding person always seems oblivious to this. Watch out for your ankles 😬!
This. I will not give my own child the pull along basket!

• Heart

HowlOwl

VIP Member
Tattle keeps asking me to “confirm action“ to like a post? - and I can only select the like reaction? Is anybody else having this issue?

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
Thank you!
I used to enjoy her videos but can't watch them anymore. I know she claims that she has training (I do think she has) but it is very unresponsible to clean the stuff she does without proper gear, often even without gloves. And don't get me started on the mould and crap she must be breathing in for hours :sick:
Yes! Forget the bleach and other fumes that must have destroyed her sense of smell, I can't imagine walking into black mould ridden places and not even bothering with a surgical mask. I can't watch them anymore either, it gives me second hand stress.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Aww we have the loveliest Evri driver. Our cat flap is at the back, and one of ours is lazy. If he sees him at the front door he always knocks so we can let him in, even when we don’t have a delivery.
Ours is good too. He took my number and gives me a heads up what time he’s arriving.

Sibz

VIP Member
I know I have ranted before about this but - people who stand far too close in queues (or anywhere else!) drive me mad!

Just out of Boots, where the row of self service machines is along by the front window. I happened to be at the first one, nearest to the entrance of the row.

I knew there was a couple right behind me ie far too close to me. The man was practically hanging over my shoulder. He certainly had a good gawp at what I was buying and actually had to take a step back to make space as I turned to leave. 😡

Nobody could possibly even attempt to jump the queue because of the layout but in any case there's no need to stand on my heels, you fucking idiot.
I hate when I'm on the sofa and the person sat next me sits almost diagonally facing me and crosses their leg so that it's across my side. It's family that do it rather than strangers, but even so, get out my fucking space!!! You're taking up over half the sofa, need any more room?? Makes you feel boxed in, hate that feeling. Family version of manspreading.

griftalo

VIP Member
YES. The word 'liaise' is a good example of this - I never heard anyone use the word in 'real life' until I started an office job and have grown to despise it. It's just a fancier way of saying speak with - so just say that FFS :rolleyes:
I always thought liaise was more to go back and forth speaking between two parties. I’ll have to go and look it up now!

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
With my first I stopped breastfeeding a week after his first Birthday. I felt he'd done, and was only taking it because it was offered. Once I stopped offering he didn't once give me any signals that he was missing it, so I was happy I'd made the right choice to stop.

Baby Biscuit turned one a couple of weeks ago, and we're still going. I don't find she feeds much during the day now, apart from a week ago when she was poorly and milk was the only thing she'd take. My plan is to stop giving it at night on the odd occasion she wakes, and eventually just limit it to bedtime, then we'll wean off that when I think she's done. I've not particularly put a time scale on it, but I can't see it being more than another few months. Apart from anything else, she's heavy to hold and fidgets a lot now.

• Heart

Wolfshead

I know I have ranted before about this but - people who stand far too close in queues (or anywhere else!) drive me mad!

Just out of Boots, where the row of self service machines is along by the front window. I happened to be at the first one, nearest to the entrance of the row.

I knew there was a couple right behind me ie far too close to me. The man was practically hanging over my shoulder. He certainly had a good gawp at what I was buying and actually had to take a step back to make space as I turned to leave. 😡

Nobody could possibly even attempt to jump the queue because of the layout but in any case there's no need to stand on my heels, you fucking idiot.
You should have "accidentally" stepped back onto his foot.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
Had a joiner turn up today to quote for new architraves and skirting. My husband has not discussed this with me and I'm really peed off. Our house was built in 1920s and I want to keep all the original stuff, yes some do look a bit crap with X years of gloss on them but it's important to me they stay. Says we can keep the picture rails but that would just look odd, we're not going to agree 😡.
Hook him up to the picture rail and then LTB. (Joke) 😉

• Haha