Little things that annoy you immensely #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waking up super early to help someone out, then they oversleep so don’t need my help but I’m still awake super early, and now it was totally unnecessary.

ETA I thought about just going to work early, but given I never get to finish early when I do that it’s pointless!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
People who message you just when it suits them, then you don't hear from them for ages again, until they are bored/ filling in time on a bus journey or whatever.

One of my sisters will 'reply' with something that has nothing to do with what you messaged them, I asked her recently 'did you get my message' because it was a bit like...

Me 'I broke my leg in 10 places'
Her 'The weather is rubbish here today'.

I'm exaggerating - I didn't break my leg but anyway. 🙄😁
Needed to get that off my chest!

Reactions: 19
People who message you just when it suits them, then you don't hear from them for ages again, until they are bored/ filling in time on a bus journey or whatever.

One of my sisters will 'reply' with something that has nothing to do with what you messaged them, I asked her recently 'did you get my message' because it was a bit like...

Me 'I broke my leg in 10 places'
Her 'The weather is rubbish here today'.

I'm exaggerating - I didn't break my leg but anyway. 🙄😁
Needed to get that off my chest!
Oh no - I hope it's not too painful and heals quickly :(
---
People who damage your possessions and don't bother leaving a note or contacting you to say what happened (let alone apologise).

I have a storage cage in the basement of my apartment building where I store, among other things, my bike. I went down to get it after work, only to discover someone has driven into the side of the cage (which is made of fencing material), denting my bike in the process.

I asked the building managers to check CCTV - of course they weren't working at the time it happened 😞

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh no - I hope it's not too painful and heals quickly :(
---
People who damage your possessions and don't bother leaving a note or contacting you to say what happened (let alone apologise).

I have a storage cage in the basement of my apartment building where I store, among other things, my bike. I went down to get it after work, only to discover someone has driven into the side of the cage (which is made of fencing material), denting my bike in the process.

I asked the building managers to check CCTV - of course they weren't working at the time it happened 😞
@Black.bird - I was just making up an example of how my sister replies to messages. No broken leg involved! 😁

Ugh, that is beyond annoying. I hope you can get the bike sorted. Some people just don't give a damn.
Isn't it extraordinary too how the cctv never appears to be working in those cases. I have read similar a couple of times on Facebook pages where cars got damaged in supermarket car parks. The cctv wasn't working or didn't cover that area 🤔

Reactions: 6
@Black.bird - I was just making up an example of how my sister replies to messages. No broken leg involved! 😁

Ugh, that is beyond annoying. I hope you can get the bike sorted. Some people just don't give a damn.
Isn't it extraordinary too how the cctv never appears to be working in those cases. I have read similar a couple of times on Facebook pages where cars got damaged in supermarket car parks. The cctv wasn't working or didn't cover that area 🤔
I'm an idiot ... I completely missed reading your line about not actually breaking your leg 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Drivers who sit in the third lane of the motorway when the road ahead of them is clear. Just pull over ffs.

Reactions: 14
When you ask for a sausage roll in Gregg's and they ask "meat or vegan?". Well of course I want a meat one, that's what a sausage roll is, it's sausage MEAT wrapped in puff pastry! If I wanted a vegan sausage roll I'd say " Can I have a vegan sausage roll please".

And anyway, it must be obvious to the assistant I'm not vegan as I don't look pale, unwell and tired!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When you ask for a sausage roll in Gregg's and they ask "meat or vegan?". Well of course I want a meat one, that's what a sausage roll is, it's sausage MEAT wrapped in puff pastry! If I wanted a vegan sausage roll I'd say " Can I have a vegan sausage roll please".

And anyway, it must be obvious to the assistant I'm not vegan as I don't look pale, unwell and tired!
Nice to see you posting again Basil !
---
1. Just the therapy term "processing". I'm tired of hearing it.

Last edited:
Being micromanaged by my new boss is driving me bonkers. Am in the role for 20 years & we were friends as well as colleagues on an equal footing until January. He is now breathing down my neck, constantly looking for “updates”, repeating himself, throwing his weight around etc etc.
Does anyone know if there is another thread here to help with this please?! He is driving me around the twist! I thought I would stay working in this job for the next 10-15 years, but recently did a job interview and got offered a new job elsewhere!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Being micromanaged by my new boss is driving me bonkers. Am in the role for 20 years & we were friends as well as colleagues on an equal footing until January. He is now breathing down my neck, constantly looking for “updates”, repeating himself, throwing his weight around etc etc.
Does anyone know if there is another thread here to help with this please?! He is driving me around the twist! I thought I would stay working in this job for the next 10-15 years, but recently did a job interview and got offered a new job elsewhere!
This thread might help.

Personally, I would have it out with him, politely and assertively. I have no patience with that kind of nonsense anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He's probably doing it to show everyone else how scary he can be ... you're his target as he knows you well so feels comfortable doing it to you. It's wrong, and needs to be knocked on the head STAT!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When you go to the cupboard to get a snack and realise you already ate it yesterday and there are no snacks 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Cars, vans etc that park I the bus stop, waiting for my bus home and there's a huge transit van parked in the bus stop So shen bus turned up I had to walk half way up the road to get it because it couldn't use the stop 😑

Reactions: 6
When people seem overly proud of where they're from, as though it's a personal achievement. I see it mostly on my local Facebook group in two main forms.

One is this guy who constantly posts photos from his morning walks. We all live here, we know what it looks like, yet he insists on almost daily posts along the lines of: "So lucky to call this home".

The other is when people try to outdo each other based on how long they or their family have lived in the area. Usually seen on posts where someone asks an innocent question like: "Does anyone remember what shop used to be there before Costa?" and you'll get a whole succession of replies usually going back further in time - eg "it was a co-op, I worked there in the 70s" and then someone else will say "my granny worked there when it was a factory in the 30s". It's like, alright love, no one's impressed. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm annoying myself. I'm very impulsive and when I get an idea I want it done immediately. My husband who is the annoying adult who doesnt take my tit isn't offering to take me to Elliots in his van to pick up all the materials I require for the latest DIY project that literally popped into my head 15 minutes ago. I've drawn out a sketch and shown him and he agreed it would look good. I'm now in a mood that he isnt offering his carpentry expertise 🤣🤣🤣 (Obviously he's the one that would have to build, drill, fix and make it all for me as I'm more of a project manager 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️).

Elliotts is closed and we dont even have the money for it but that's beside the point 👀🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'm annoying myself. I'm very impulsive and when I get an idea I want it done immediately. My husband who is the annoying adult who doesnt take my tit isn't offering to take me to Elliots in his van to pick up all the materials I require for the latest DIY project that literally popped into my head 15 minutes ago. I've drawn out a sketch and shown him and he agreed it would look good. I'm now in a mood that he isnt offering his carpentry expertise 🤣🤣🤣 (Obviously he's the one that would have to build, drill, fix and make it all for me as I'm more of a project manager 🤣🤷🏻‍♀️).

Elliotts is closed and we dont even have the money for it but that's beside the point 👀🤣
You sound like my husband. I make a passing comment on an idea and before Iv finished he is on route to b&q, starts the job however then gets distracted by another job mid way through🫣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.