Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curly

VIP Member
In a carpark earlier, 10 / 12 spaces in a row. The only one occupied was the one I was in. I was standing at the passenger side with the door open. The next driver to arrive was actually going to wait until I closed the door, in order to park beside me.

There was nothing special about the space. I didn't rush myself and they relented and moved to the next space. I don't understand that mentality. What if the whole row was empty. That would be AGONY for drivers like that. I was leaving shortly afterwards anyway. 😁
im
Sure I have said it on here before but today got riled up by tradies in a big transit parking in parent and child!

Reactions: 1

griftalo

VIP Member
The expectation that because I’m the only person in the house who eats dark chocolate, orange chocolate or chocolate with nuts in, those are the only ones I should eat because it’s not fair on anyone else. Piss off and let me eat a strawberry cream 🤬
I remember this well! I’ve turned the tables now by becoming allergic to nuts.
How selfish people are. I’m at the train station and it’s pouring it down. There’s one bench that’s under the shelter, all the rest aren’t covered. A lady has sat right in the middle of the bench and put all her bags on the seat so no one else can sit down. It’s pretty busy. So selfish.
Wow. Did anyone say anything?

LucyEyelesbarrow

VIP Member
Pubs that drop their main menu and only do carvery on a Sunday.
Specially with no/limited fish or veggie option. I eat fish but not meat, but I love all the roast potatoes/Yorkshires etc that could go with these options.

Similarly, menus that only have a meat or a vegan option, in the hope that the latter will cover lots of ground with all varieties of non-meat eaters. It doesn't.

foxwarren

VIP Member
Just been whatsapped by my in laws to inform me of their plans for Christmas Day. No invite, no checking with us, no discussion. Just we’re doing this for dinner and then you’ll come round at 5. Oh. Will we? So my kids, the only actual young kids in the family, won’t have their dinner with their grandparents or great grandparents and then will have to leave their house and all their new things to go to a boring relative’s house, and either me or my hubby will drive when we’re both people who would have a drink when the others don’t. Brilliant.
This is what happens when I don’t make the effort to see them every weekend and don’t think about Christmas until November at the earliest. My girls have been busy with parties etc all weekend so we haven’t been involved in any chats about it. Drives me insane! They just make plans and don’t ever think about asking if it’s actually ok with us 🤬
I don’t have much family of my own but at this rate I’m gonna tell them to shove their Christmas and just stay at home the 4 of us.
Don’t go. As soon as we got married, my husband and I stayed home. It was another few years before we had kids and we still stick to this. Christmas is for family, our family.

Last edited:

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Mines the same! Sometimes when I've told him off he'll do a really loud yawn. Same goes if he's waiting for me to put my shoes on to take him out, yawns loudly. I can't help but laugh :ROFLMAO:
Mine does this it sounds like a long ohhhh which then I repeat back lol. Not a cockerpoo by a chance lol?

conrea37

VIP Member
The Heart radio ad on TV that says "Alexa play Heart". I have an Alexa in my living room and i wasnt listening to the TV as I was scrolling on my phone and it gave me a bloody heart attack when I heard the radio come on suddenly.
I watched an instagram reel with those singing fish and they say "Alexa, play sea shanties" and mine played it along with the reel but out of sync

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
Following on from parents aren't kids friends theme....

I'm in the awkward position of having a non effective parent as a friend, and her kid is pretty aggressive (leaves scratch marks) on my kid.

My kid absolutely loves the madness. Mums harping on about being gentle. Kid has got my toddler by the throat. She pulls him off, tells him for the millionth time not to do it, 5 seconds later he's at it again. Meanwhile my child laughs and rolls around but never does anything back.

I twitch my eye and debate letting her continue to "not" handle it, or getting between them, wrenching her kid off, giving him the telling off of him life and sending him home if he can't play nicely.

I'm new to this, it's a minefield. She also mentions frequently that her son so enjoys "rough play" with mine, because no other kids like it 😬

Very awkward indeed. Suggestions welcome.
Yes 100% what @klarakluckbag says - I think the thing is, if you reverse the roles what would be your expectations of each other?

how do you think she’d react if it were your child who had her child by the throat?

The trouble is, your kid seems to enjoy it?

I think your best bet is to just tell them both to knock it off and say someone’s going to get hurt and you don’t want that.

You can pass-agg mention the scratches if you want!

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Yet some just post the same thing over and over anyway. The secret celeb gossip thread is just Cliff Richard, George Michael, Lorraine Kellys gash...rinse and repeat
---

I don't like wooden ones either, don't think they're very hygienic. I chopped a red onion on it once and it stained it
I’m guilty of that on the celeb gossip page I can’t help it it’s like a running joke on there..
---
I work with children and I am fed up of a small minority of them being SO cheeky! Just absolutely precocious and rude, snatching whatever pen I’m holding if they want to use it, demanding and making rude comments - I work with 10 and 11 year olds so they aren’t little kids either!
Apologies to parents on here but there are some that are just little bastards lol. Many years of primary school work placements, some nurseries too.There’s always one that’s irritating I remember him well year 4 his mother was in my class at school she was a right bitch.

Last edited:

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Following on from parents aren't kids friends theme....

I'm in the awkward position of having a non effective parent as a friend, and her kid is pretty aggressive (leaves scratch marks) on my kid.

My kid absolutely loves the madness. Mums harping on about being gentle. Kid has got my toddler by the throat. She pulls him off, tells him for the millionth time not to do it, 5 seconds later he's at it again. Meanwhile my child laughs and rolls around but never does anything back.

I twitch my eye and debate letting her continue to "not" handle it, or getting between them, wrenching her kid off, giving him the telling off of him life and sending him home if he can't play nicely.

I'm new to this, it's a minefield. She also mentions frequently that her son so enjoys "rough play" with mine, because no other kids like it 😬

Very awkward indeed. Suggestions welcome.
I’d have lost my shit lol. Just because her son likes rough play Doesn’t mean every other child does. Have you tried telling her what he’s doing isn’t nice at all. Better still tell the kid off he might behave then.. Parents who don’t tell their kids off properly piss me off..

I don’t have kids my sister does and I treat them like my own I’ve always said if anyone starts on them whoever it is won’t stand a chance. lol.

I was like this with my cousin when she was at high school her friends were getting bullied I chased them through the streets as they were trying to beat an innocent kid up. Then my cousin was being harassed by this little ginger freak I put him in his place..

Last edited:

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
I ordered a takeaway tonight for delivery and they forgot the drinks. When i said it at the front door he said "are they not in bag". No, they arent in the bag that is why I am saying it to you that I also ordered two drinks. I would leave it go but this is the second time it has happened. He said he would be back in 10 mins. That was around 40 mins ago.
That’s bloody annoying!!

I'm wanting to stop by new year though might be sooner as my left boob is agony just now even with him feeding it hurts to lie on 😔