Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #14 Lisa will weep when she can’t sell sleep to the sheep!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone go and vote on her poll that you'd prefer a house call! She'll be ripping that she might have to be parted from the couch..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Me too
I’ve recently only returned to work after taking nearly a full 16 months off to spend quality time with my daughter. I am a single mother and I’m the only one providing for her. I am blessed to have so many family around me. For me returning to work took time as I cried the first 3 weeks as I felt extremely guilty leaving her but I’ve now realised I’m a way better mother because I’ve returned to work because I know what I’m doing is to provide for her and her future and also the days I have off are spent out with her at a park, soft play etc and we do so much more together now just me and her I feel it’s helped us both bond better and also look forward to bringing her places. Even though I’ve enjoyed having the 16 months off and loved seeing her grow from a newborn to a toddler I now realise how much I needed to go back as I have adult interaction all the time and also for my own mental health feel it has benefited me massively to have space away from her and also for her it gives her time away from me.

I live at home and I am too a single parent but not by choice. My daughters dad has not seen her since June this year and it’s very difficult to get my head around but I just get on with it because you have to. My parents and family have been my life saver since I’ve had it couldn’t do more for me and I’ll be grateful. I don’t want to be at home but I have no choice as the housing crisis and also rent prices make it impossible for a single mother to move out. I can understand her in a way being at home because I’m in the same boat. But we’re me and Lisa differ is in many ways I do not expect someone else to look after my child because she’s my responsibility, I do all my own washing, cleaning etc and would never expect my parents to do anything like that for me. Lisa does not know the real struggles of being a single mother and she also has no idea how reality works.
Me too. I became a single mam not by choice, the dad has no interest and doesn’t see my son or pay anything towards his up keep. I’m in my late thirty’s and still at home with my parents. I work a couple of hours a week in a chipper. When my son goes to bed I head of to work. I work only for 3 hours a night 5 nights a week. I’m lucky my parents will keep a eye on the monitor and if he woke they would settle him back but that is about it. I do everything else for my son and bring him on outings which I love but can be hard doing it by yourself but I do it . I know it’s embarrassing to be living at home at this age still,but my son is happy and has a roof over his head. But if I was to sit on my ass all day like she does I would get a kick up the hole

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Also while I'm at it does she think people are going to pay her for a phone call to help them wean a child off their dummy?? 🤯 absolute notions.. and anyway by the time she'd finishing umming and ahhing her way through a phone call the child will be at school and the problem solved!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m shocked that this ‘sleep couching’ is actually a thing! Like people pay strangers to tell them how to put their child asleep?! Or a phone call to get someone to tell you how to get a soother of your child!! Or how to cut nap times!! why would you need someone to tell you this about your child?! And if your struggling I’m sure other mammys , PHN / GP would have some suggestions which would be free!!

Reactions: 11
I'd say her own mother wishes there was a coach that would help her get her adult child off of the bleedin couch 🛋

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m shocked that this ‘sleep couching’ is actually a thing! Like people pay strangers to tell them how to put their child asleep?! Or a phone call to get someone to tell you how to get a soother of your child!! Or how to cut nap times!! why would you need someone to tell you this about your child?! And if your struggling I’m sure other mammys , PHN / GP would have some suggestions which would be free!!
There are loads of options available before paying a complete stranger to give you 'advice' on what to do with your child. The whole sleep coach thing is ridiculous.

I’m gonna blow my own trumpet 🎺 but all my kids have slept through from 6-8 weeks, would I fluff pay that potato to tell me how to put them to sleep 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
She’s doing the exact same as lullaby lady she has an option to have a one off call with her to discuss a specific sleep issue 🙄1 hour call for €150!! No plan, no follow up support!! The mind boggles 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Online and phone call option = taking advantage of vulnerable parents and charging them a fortune for the privilege of pretend working sitting on your couch. I pity any sleep deprived desperate parents that hand over their hard earned money.

Reactions: 9
Online and phone call option = taking advantage of vulnerable parents and charging them a fortune for the privilege of pretend working sitting on your couch. I pity any sleep deprived desperate parents that hand over their hard earned money.
Its a mad world that we live in 🙄

Reactions: 5
It's total exploitation of exhausted parents. Some kids just go through phases of bad sleep, and when it's happening to mine I am so tired I'm not thinking straight. it's a lot easier to get me to hand over cash to anyone promising a miracle. There's also no regulation of qualifications, no national registration of sleep trainers and nobody to complain to or maintain standards.

I also think that the courses to train sleep coaches are a bit of a scam, taking advantage of people who want to be self employed and wfh. Sounds like the course Lisa is doing would take anyone on who had an internet connection and the money for the fees. Think it cost something like $6,000, she'd need to do a lot of those $150 phone calls to make that back after tax, advertising, expenses, etc. The sums just don't add up.

Reactions: 7
I’m gonna blow my own trumpet 🎺 but all my kids have slept through from 6-8 weeks, would I fluff pay that potato to tell me how to put them to sleep 😂
Aren’t you lucky! I only have the wan Juno but he’s have your heart broke. 3yrs of age and he still acts up some nights going down and calls me in most nights too. Is it ideal? No? Would I have liked to throw money at the issue for a good night’s sleep for all of us? duck yeah. Do I feel like a tit parent some days listening to ppl like you? Yes!!!!!!!

But you know what… I have a happy, healthy boy who wants his mama when he’s scared some nights .. so be it. I won’t still be going into him when he’s 20 (I hope!!). He’s only 3. He’s only a toddler and it’s my privilege to be his go to person when he’s upset. But I’ll tell you one thing… I feckin hate smug parents.

Maybe you can give me a tip? Or would it mean getting up off the couch “Lisa”… I mean anonymous tattler.

Reactions: 12
All of my 3 kids slept the night from 4-8 weeks. They slept 10pm to 7 am. Now they had their odd night. All breast fed babies. Do I know how or why . Nope. Can I give tips. Nope. Genuinely no idea how or why just got lucky

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Aren’t you lucky! I only have the wan Juno but he’s have your heart broke. 3yrs of age and he still acts up some nights going down and calls me in most nights too. Is it ideal? No? Would I have liked to throw money at the issue for a good night’s sleep for all of us? duck yeah. Do I feel like a tit parent some days listening to ppl like you? Yes!!!!!!!

But you know what… I have a happy, healthy boy who wants his mama when he’s scared some nights .. so be it. I won’t still be going into him when he’s 20 (I hope!!). He’s only 3. He’s only a toddler and it’s my privilege to be his go to person when he’s upset. But I’ll tell you one thing… I feckin hate smug parents.

Maybe you can give me a tip? Or would it mean getting up off the couch “Lisa”… I mean anonymous tattler.

Every child is different.

My near 2yo needs the help. They call me in and tbh I've really learned to love it. Those sleepy cuddles are so precious. The gibberish they spew at me about teddies and sleeps is extremely cute.

I've another child who is an unnaturally good sleeper. Sleeping 15 hours each night and a 2.5 hour nap in the day.

No idea why the two are different. The sleeper is more restrictive to me, harder to break the routine if we have something on.

Anyway... its not in smugness I'm telling you. I don't think children can be gently sleep trained. They all have different needs.

You shouldn't feel crap listening about other kids routines because you're doing what your 3yo needs 🥰

• Heart
Every child is different.

My near 2yo needs the help. They call me in and tbh I've really learned to love it. Those sleepy cuddles are so precious. The gibberish they spew at me about teddies and sleeps is extremely cute.

I've another child who is an unnaturally good sleeper. Sleeping 15 hours each night and a 2.5 hour nap in the day.

No idea why the two are different. The sleeper is more restrictive to me, harder to break the routine if we have something on.

Anyway... its not in smugness I'm telling you. I don't think children can be gently sleep trained. They all have different needs.

You shouldn't feel crap listening about other kids routines because you're doing what your 3yo needs 🥰
Thanks.. no I agree with you.. I’m happy enough with our little disrupted sleep cycle at this stage.. if exhausted 😂 It’s nice to be needed and I agree.. I love the little chats in the evening at bedtime 🥰 Before I know it, I’ll have a teenager on my hands so I’m not really complaining (just a little!!)

But in the first year, my head was wrecked with the 7-7 brigade. Ppl who claimed their kids had 12 hours every night and two naps and the same ppl looking at wrecked as me but assumed I believed them. Every child teeths and gets sick in those early yrs. We all have ups and downs with them.

Its mainly Lisa that drives me bananas but sometimes I think 90% of the people posting on tattle are funny and sound. But some seem to do everything right whether it’s kids, clean houses or work wise 😂😂😂

All of my 3 kids slept the night from 4-8 weeks. They slept 10pm to 7 am. Now they had their odd night. All breast fed babies. Do I know how or why . Nope. Can I give tips. Nope. Genuinely no idea how or why just got lucky
Sorry.. I was cranky having been in and out to said 3 yr old 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 I mean I love him but I’d nearly hire Lisa 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Lisa’s phone call or online sessions will be like that episode of friends where Phoebe tries to sell toner and is told to stick to the script - all the answers are in the answer book. She’d panic then if you asked her a question not in the script! What do you mean your baby isn’t sleeping?! Oh I dunno so. What works for too mite not work for wan.

The whole concept is bananas and very unfair on children who are the ones who will ultimately suffer from Lisa's stupid advice. How can anyone know, bar medical problems, why your child isn't sleeping? I've 4 all different sleepers and I genuinely think it's down to temperament and genes.

Also just to add Google will tell you a lot of stuff. No need to pay anyone for it. There are endless psychology websites and even insta ones who all offer advice for free.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.