Lisa My_solo_journey_to_Mom #14 Lisa will weep when she can’t sell sleep to the sheep!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we forget Lisa for a second.. I just want to tell you, you’re doing a great job! .

Whether we work for a company or work at home minding our kids, we are role models for our kids and despite your extremely tough circumstances, you are a fantastic role model for your little girl cos you get up and you do your best for her and for yourself every day. It’s great you have support but ultimately you make all the decisions and have all the responsibility and that’s A LOT. You may have some similarities to Lisa on paper but you lead very different lives. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

And regarding kids in creche/returning to work… I still have days where I feel guilty.. lots of them. And days when I have him when I still feel guilty and question myself. But when I stop and really think about it, I know he’s happy and loves Creche (most of the time 🤯🤷🏻‍♀️)
Thanks so much for saying that cause it’s hard I’m not going to lie and seeing Lisa saying she struggles being a single mother irritates me so much because she paid to have her children and knew she would be a single mother I didn’t so her unsolicited advice bugs the life out of me. My mam and dad help me as much as they can but at the end of the day they have their own life to lead and they are nearing retirement so want to enjoy themselves. I wouldn’t dream of carrying on the way I do with my parents by going off on a solo hotel stay, I do get time to myself during work but she’s my responsibility and not there’s and Lisa needs a good kick up the hole tbh with her carry on. She does not know what it means to be an actual single mother she’s a solo mother by choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks so much for saying that cause it’s hard I’m not going to lie and seeing Lisa saying she struggles being a single mother irritates me so much because she paid to have her children and knew she would be a single mother I didn’t so her unsolicited advice bugs the life out of me. My mam and dad help me as much as they can but at the end of the day they have their own life to lead and they are nearing retirement so want to enjoy themselves. I wouldn’t dream of carrying on the way I do with my parents by going off on a solo hotel stay, I do get time to myself during work but she’s my responsibility and not there’s and Lisa needs a good kick up the hole tbh with her carry on. She does not know what it means to be an actual single mother she’s a solo mother by choice.
A friend of mine was in a very similar situation to you. I did what I could to support her so spent a lot of time with her and her daughter. I can honestly say she’s one of the best parents I know. I learnt so much from her that has helped with my own little guy.

None of us have a clue when it comes to parenting. We’re all guessing and we all mess up by times. If it helps.. I found 0-12 months the hardest part. And yeah.. work is a break cos parenting is wonderful but also hard work!!!

Reactions: 2
Ladies any recommendations on the plug in machines my little lady hasn't slept all wk she's snotty bugged up feeling tit. Have tryed all the normal stuff 1st.

I wouldn't be surprised If 'solo' mom takes a weeks holidays after all this......the wan night wouldn't be enough at all 🙈

Reactions: 4
You've only wan do. If that makes sinse. Solo Mom here too, a real life one, it gets so much easier, mines a teenager now and brings me so much joy every single day, without all the stress and pressure of getting them minded, fed, bathed, I promise there's a bright light at the end x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I take it someone else had ayda out while she sat at home on the couch... waste of space she is

Ladies any recommendations on the plug in machines my little lady hasn't slept all wk she's snotty bugged up feeling tit. Have tryed all the normal stuff 1st.
We HATE the Calpol plug in. It’s cheap which is great and a night light kinda. But the smell is truly awful. Not like olbas oil etc.Just a very strong overpowering smell.

I have tried any other plug ins but think Klearvol and olbas oil can help a bit. And Calpol an hour before bedtime.

And you know.. lots of mums do recommend that hoover snot thing. It’s not for me though 🤢

Reactions: 3
We find the Vicks cool mist humidifier very good, even without using the little menthol things that come with it. The extra moisture in the air from it really helps with the irritation from the cough. My friend bought 2 after borrowing mine a few times!

Reactions: 1
Wow, they left the house. Aydas face taking it all in, you can see she doesn’t get out much 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I would take this as a joke if it was anyone else. But it’s Lisa. And I honestly can imagine her doing this and expecting her parents to be ok with it, in their home.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I would take this as a joke if it was anyone else. But it’s Lisa. And I honestly can imagine her doing this and expecting her parents to be ok with it, in their home.
If my grown daughter tried to change the way we do things for Christmas I wouldn't be long putting her back in her box.

Reactions: 11
Pop it behind the massive guard you have taking up half the living room. Simple. She already knows she's going to do that, doesn't need me to say that. She has been quiet a lot because frankly she has duck all to say. So she is googling toddlers + Christmas tree and posting the most ridiculous thing she can possibly say.
From one solo mum to another (except I dont live with my parents), its not a big deal. Just like daylight savings clock change.

If my grown daughter tried to change the way we do things for Christmas I wouldn't be long putting her back in her box.
I'm just imagining what a typical blow up / fight looks like and no one literally has anywhere to hide. At best, Lisa will be somewhere fuming at a train track and Pippa will be hanging laundry furiously. And worst, it looks like theres no end in sight.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It's weird because being in smaller baby clothes doesn't mean that she's small or petite. Probably just means she's going to be short like Lisa 🤷‍♀️ it's mostly the length that changes as the sizes go up. I'm 5'10 and my 8 month old is wearing some 12-18m stuff already because he's so long 😅

I'm 6ft my 11vyear old is 5ft3 my 3 yesr old in in 18-24 months clothes he's tiny but health

Reactions: 1
I never understand people who think they can’t put up a Christmas tree because they have small kids. I have two such friends. Just put up the tree and put any decorations your particular about up at the top. Ffs :rolleyes:

You’re*

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.