Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I’m not a Rihanna fan and I thought her beauty line had a stupid name which I confused with Fendi. but now I’m going to promote more inclusive brands. See my video where I “gave into the the hype and bought some Fenty.””

duck off lily. We see you.

Did it never cross Lily’s mind that the reason Fenty was so hyped was that it genuinely had a shade range to cover many skin tones??

• Angry
Reactions: 21
To be fair, I don’t like Rihanna’s music, so I am not going to buy her makeup. Does that make me racist? Or is it just a choice?

• Sick
Reactions: 2
To be fair, I don’t like Rihanna’s music, so I am not going to buy her makeup. Does that make me racist? Or is it just a choice?
you present yourself as being incredibly obtuse most of the time Mrs McCarthy. It was never about whether she likes Rihanna's music.
At the time when the range came out, it was Lily's job to be knowledgeable about brand releases, a quick google would have let her know about the brand name. Instead, she sneered at it and feigned ignorance at what her reaction could mean for someone going into a new line of business.
Not to mention the overt tones of it "not being for her" wtf does that mean, it carries a wide variety of shades and products.

To be honest I don't even know why I responded to you lol because the point also is - Lily bought the make-up so there's that.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Too too too compensating now, we get it you bought a book that you wouldn't usually buy (woohoo!)

You support small businesses because they are struggling (woo hoo hoo!)

What else do you need Lily? Nobel Piss Prize or White savior

This is what happens when she can't broadcast all her silly thoughts to us

Not too sure how long have you followed her, she slamps Fenti first by saying that she hates the name because it sounded stupid. Then she went on to say that she won't buy it because it is not made for people like her. I am not too sure about the color range when they just launched, she isn't that pale to begin with. You also have to understand that she likes being the chic girl by hating everything trendy/ girly and loves to think she is different, but succumb to it anyway (e,g. her choice of music/ Pink/ Hague blue) anyway #basic

I don't think people say that she is racist but it is condescending and unprofessional. Is mainly her inability to keep her mouth shut and when she is called out, is always our problem that we don't understand English or not English (white?) enough :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Lily and these influencers need to really ease up on the influx of posting and re-posting other posts, it’s actually becoming overbearing and they are starting to make it about them. It’s fine we get that you’ve suddenly had an awakening that there’s racial injustice in the world (I’m a black woman btw) but just chill out. Why don’t they quietly watch the films, read the books and take in what they are seeing over this period and allow some time to take it in.

Change doesn’t happen over the course of a week, yes you can be awoken to something, but it’s what you do 3,6,9 months / years down the line is what is really gonna make things count
I’ve been thinking exactly the same!
I’m a white woman but doing my research and learning quietly and not broadcasting to all.

I understand not being silent and the fact they are in a position where they will reach more people but it all feels a little too much?

I’m sorry if this has come across wrong but I feel like I’m having it all shoved down my throat...

Reactions: 7
I never followed her on Twitter or Instagram, just YouTube, so I didn’t remember her talking about Fenty. Rihanna’s brand was always going to succeed, I would be more upset with Lily if she said anything negative about Beauty Bakerie. Also I don’t see anyone criticising Lily (or Anna, Caroline, etc) for not calling out Huda Beauty when she essentially stole Beauty Bakerie’s product.
I just feel like Lily (or anyone, for that matter) is allowed to not like a brand that is inclusive. Like I don’t know, if there is an inclusive brand of tights, it’s better to support that brand rather than a non-inclusive brand. But what if you don’t wear tights?
Or what’s better - to support a more sustainable but not very inclusive brand of clothing/skincare/makeup, OR a more inclusive but less sustainable brand?

Reactions: 2
I’m a white woman but doing my research and learning quietly and not broadcasting to all.

I understand not being silent and the fact they are in a position where they will reach more people but it all feels a little too much?

I’m sorry if this has come across wrong but I feel like I’m having it all shoved down my throat...

I think I'd believe them more if they perhaps took a little time to do some reading and investigation, have a think and then come back and post about what they've found. Feels like theyr'e all just reposting without reading and internalising. It's too quick a turnaround.

Reactions: 11
And here we go. Asking for recommendations of inclusive brands.

Do. Your. Own. Research. Stop. Begging. For. Freebies. Stop. Profiting. From. Black. Lives. Matter.
I sent her a DM. I’m over this. Seriously. Also sent Anna a DM about finally buying a dress she’d been lusting over from a Black-owned brands. Took a man dying at the hands of the police to make you finally press buy?!? PLEASE. I AM FINISHED.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like this. I haven’t posted one thing on my insta about it. It’s not because I don’t care, I just can’t be arsed with selective compassion.

Reactions: 10
I sent her a DM. I’m over this. Seriously. Also sent Anna a DM about finally buying a dress she’d been lusting over from a Black-owned brands. Took a man dying at the hands of the police to make you finally press buy?!? PLEASE. I AM FINISHED.
Anna has seriously gone down in my estimation after seeing that today. Jesus bleeping Christ these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
GOD, yuk - did she really say that? Lusting for aggggess = 24 hours lol x

Reactions: 6
GOD, yuk - did she really say that? Lusting for aggggess = 24 hours lol x
How tone deaf can you be.

Interspersing her BLM stories content with a post about buying a £400 dress.

Would she have parted with that money before now? No, she would have begged for a freebie/discount. But NOW she’s happy to pay full price?

She didn’t support black businesses before but she did spend hundreds of £££ at Lululemon.

Performative consumption.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She was waiting to see if they would ‘kindly gift’ it to her first I imagine. The tight bastard.

Reactions: 5
I never followed her on Twitter or Instagram, just YouTube, so I didn’t remember her talking about Fenty. Rihanna’s brand was always going to succeed, I would be more upset with Lily if she said anything negative about Beauty Bakerie. Also I don’t see anyone criticising Lily (or Anna, Caroline, etc) for not calling out Huda Beauty when she essentially stole Beauty Bakerie’s product.
I just feel like Lily (or anyone, for that matter) is allowed to not like a brand that is inclusive. Like I don’t know, if there is an inclusive brand of tights, it’s better to support that brand rather than a non-inclusive brand. But what if you don’t wear tights?
Or what’s better - to support a more sustainable but not very inclusive brand of clothing/skincare/makeup, OR a more inclusive but less sustainable brand?
to clarify, no one has to like Fenty beauty or any inclusive brand for that matter. The point is lily mocked the name of Fenty Beauty and her excuse was that she wasn’t a Rihanna fan. Fine, but as a beauty and lifestyle influencer surely you would take note of new beauty releases and do a bit of research before slagging the name off and looking like an idiot? I can only assume she was bitter she didn’t get free products from Fenty.

the other thing is that its ok if Lily felt Fenty wasn’t something she wanted to try or buy. But she rattled out some bullshit about it not being aimed at her or not her vibe. Like she was too good to try it even though that’s her job? Imagine how any of her BAME followers might have felt seeing lily dismiss a new range that actually catered properly for lots of skin shades? That she couldn’t even be arsed to try it on their behalf and see if the formula was worth recommending.
Basically what she said sounded like she didn’t think Fenty was aimed at her because she’s white. She could have acknowledged the launch. She could have said, whilst I’m not going to buy it myself because of x y or z reason I respect the shade range they’ve bought out and can see this will be really valuable for many people who are ignored by the big brands. Or she could have parted with £30 and trialled it for her followers to see if she would recommend the formula and tried to be a bit more inclusive.

a few months later she gave into the ‘hype’ and got some Fenty. Again why has she got to give in? its like an inclusive brand doing well WAS a surprise to her and she didn’t really want to buy it. So why did she? for the clicks and likes on YouTube as Fenty beauty was doing well. It just comes across as so superior and arrogant for her to try Fenty when it benefitted her account.

in conclusion I’ve notice lily has a poor choice of words. She is being corrected about using the words riots in earlier stories today. She doesn’t stop to think about her words having harm and she never has done.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Zoella got sent the entire foundation deck, and she found shades that suited her easily. So, Lily would have been fine.

Reactions: 4
Re: Anna, yes she did post all that. Like fine, you’ve been listing and now you’ve decided to buy, but why say it like that?! Just say you’ve purchased something from this cool looking brand, would recommend supporting Black business within your financial abilities and be done.

Re: Lily, she’s just a dumpster fire and is probably rattling off “damned if you do, damned if you don’t”. I think she probably wins at being the most inarticulate influencer. But instead of saying she screwed up and just taking a seat, she keeps on putting her foot in her mouth.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.