Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've unfollowed her at last, plus a ton of other influencers who have seemingly jumped on this and made it abundantly clear it's to make themselves look good rather than anything else. FWIW I'm white and I know that there is much more I need to do and learn. But I can do that without Lily preaching to me and I'll be damned if my engagement through following her makes her think that she is doing her bit because I happened to look at her token stories before she returns to the same old moaning. Her words are meaningless without action and from watching her and reading the discussions here, it's clear that action is not her strong point. I'll take my education from reading and watching a broader spectrum of creators, authors and broadcasters than a woman who didn't apologise for her comments on what streets she does or doesn't feel safe on.

Reactions: 24
“A follower of mine.”

So, this lady isn’t a content creator in her own right, then? Her own content exists only in relation to Lily’s followers list? That seems like a pretty self-centred way of introducing this woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
“A follower of mine.”

So, this lady isn’t a content creator in her own right, then? Her own content exists only in relation to Lily’s followers list? That seems like a pretty self-centred way of introducing this woman.
Who she couldn’t be arsed to follow to see her shining the light on the lack of diversity in baby products going forward.

Who she couldn’t be arsed to follow to see her shining the light on the lack of diversity in baby products going forward.
Anna doesn’t even follow @tovestudio... the ones who made the dress that she’s been “lusting after for way too long”.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Lily and these influencers need to really ease up on the influx of posting and re-posting other posts, it’s actually becoming overbearing and they are starting to make it about them. It’s fine we get that you’ve suddenly had an awakening that there’s racial injustice in the world (I’m a black woman btw) but just chill out. Why don’t they quietly watch the films, read the books and take in what they are seeing over this period and allow some time to take it in.

Change doesn’t happen over the course of a week, yes you can be awoken to something, but it’s what you do 3,6,9 months / years down the line is what is really gonna make things count
SAME! Black woman here as well. She’s absolutely going over board in my opinion. She’s besties with Caroline Hiron’s who’s been super vocal, but has always been that way. Lily is missing the narrative here. She jumping on the proverbial bandwagon.

I know her book cover was addressed in past posts, but I was very vocal about her using a black hand on the cover. At that point she was still doing vlogs and I NEVER saw a black person or any person of color in her friend group. I was appalled and still am.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I’ve followed Lily for a LONG time. Hate followed for the past few years but she has said plenty of things and been pulled up and not given a tit for me to think that she is just towing the line right now with regards to BLM. She isn’t educating herself. She is so arrogant that she doesn’t think she needs to be educated. Her attitude has always been the same. If she is pulled up it is because people don’t get her or misunderstood her. She doesn’t give a tit.

I’ve gone back to get examples.
She once tweeted back in 2016 how she didn’t like the Rihanna song Work because she wasn’t saying real words. Plenty of people told her it was patois. She didn’t care clearly about what she has said or how it sounded. Tweet is still there (sorry I have no idea how to screenshot!)

she also tweeted her dislike of the phrase ‘hair did’ and again was pulled up on how it was African American slang. Same condescending tone. Tweet deleted. Lots of outrage but no acknowledgement. Search Lilypebbles aave and you will see her original tweet and all the outrage.

Her and Anna were in the US and she had a massive rant about how they got an Uber pool and the other two people spoke to each other in another language and how rude it was.

and then last weeks running post.

All this. She has been told so many times by her viewers that her words are offensive and she has never apologised, learnt from it or even acknowledged that her tone and words were offensive.

she is the epitome of in built racism and white supremacy. like duck she is educating herself this week. She is a liar. I hope people see through it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Gleam needs to drop this dead weight, Anna needs to be dropped too, they can make more commission or whatever they make representing black influencers who are hard working and know their audience. They were in the right place at the right time, but their time is up, they dont bring anything to the table.

Reactions: 14
My problem with everything Lily is sharing about BLM is I truly think (from all her previous comments and her lack of apology / recognition of why they were problematic) that she’s only supporting this on a surface level. She’ll share posts, but she’ll never do the work to understand the extent of her privilege, nor take any actions that might be difficult / uncomfortable for her.

She’s in a position to effect change in her industry by refusing to work with brands who aren’t stepping up and ensuring that trips etc she goes on are diverse, but sadly I don’t believe she’ll ever do any of these things.

Reactions: 13
A weird question, do you guys think that she is a Troy :unsure:
( this question is mostly ment as a weird throwback to 2018)
Had a brief flashback to when Alfie did the 1 pund challenge and looked like a total twit, and not understanding why people got upset. He got called a Troy, which he refused. Reminds me a bit of what Lily is doing, and her refusal to acknowledge her actions.

Reactions: 1
A weird question, do you guys think that she is a Troy :unsure:
( this question is mostly ment as a weird throwback to 2018)
Had a brief flashback to when Alfie did the 1 pund challenge and looked like a total twit, and not understanding why people got upset. He got called a Troy, which he refused. Reminds me a bit of what Lily is doing, and her refusal to acknowledge her actions.
Maybe yes maybe no, you can be a Tory and not be a twit which she is

• Sick
“I’m not a Rihanna fan and I thought her beauty line had a stupid name which I confused with Fendi. but now I’m going to promote more inclusive brands. See my video where I “gave into the the hype and bought some Fenty.””

duck off lily. We see you.

Did it never cross Lily’s mind that the reason Fenty was so hyped was that it genuinely had a shade range to cover many skin tones??
No it didn’t because she lacks any empathy and her most recent review was something that came in one colour. 🙄

Reactions: 3
No it didn’t because she lacks any empathy and her most recent review was something that came in one colour. 🙄
She also only did that after Fleur did a review. Lily just didn't "feel" that it was her aesthetic before that.

Edit: also, going back to the jogging/dangerous part of London IG story. Another reason it's dangerously racist is that it perpetuates and introduces the idea that any person (I'm assuming nonwhite) that you encounter in that area is a threat. I'm American, so I don't know the area she was talking about. But here in America, we see how quickly that leads to violence against the (perceived) nonwhite "threat." THAT'S one of the pervasive racist habits and "oh I didn't mean it that way" habits we're GLOBALLY protesting to change. And if she's STILL not willing to admit that on the same platform she shared that, then all her IG stories are moot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Maybe yes maybe no, you can be a Tory and not be a twit which she is
To be honest I feel quite bad for people that are torys Thinking about it I cant really remember many British shows (I have mostly watched panel shows, news shows etc.) that have not, in any way, made fun of the troy party.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
To be honest I feel quite bad for people that are torys Thinking about it I cant really remember many British shows (I have mostly watched panel shows, news shows etc.) that have not, in any way, made fun of the troy party.
Don't feel too bad. They voted to starve the NHS of funds, they voted for dogwhistle racism, they voted for the current incompetence that's killed thousands. I can think of a lot of things Tory voters deserve, but sympathy isn't one.

But I digress! The whole 'follower of mine' part of that story just shows she has no idea how NOT to centre herself in things. She could have just said "this IGTV from so-and-so" but she had to relate it back to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 144544

love curly hair that much you’re prepared to fry yours into oblivion and pretend you don’t have it 🤣

She’s on one this morning pretending she’s open to learning and diversity, but we can all still remember the racist undertones of her post last week about going for a run 🙄 embarrassing display really.
I find the fact she even shared this book but made it about herself distasteful!
I appreciate LP has curly hair but there is a difference between a white woman ‘learning to love their curls’ and black women being able to openly love their afro hair in society.

Lily have you ever been discriminated against for having curly hair? NO you just don’t like the look of it!

Have black women (and men) been discriminated against throughout history even still today for having afro curly hair? YES, even in this day and age young black women and girls are discriminated against for their hair. Girls are excluded from schools because they are told their natural curls do not fit their uniform and dress code. Black women have been told they are not allowed to wear their natural hair out in workplaces, colleges and schools because their natural hairstyles are called ‘extreme’.
A girl was excluded from school for wearing her natural hair in an Afro, the reason the school gave was it was ‘too big’. However a white girl can grow her hair down to her bum and they school would have no grounds to exclude her for that! Black women and girls can’t help the way their hair grows however it is used against them time and time again.

EDIT: also this is related to why people get so offended by cultural appropriation. A black woman wears her hair in braids or knots and very often will get discriminated against, mocked or bullied because of it.
A while woman wears her hair in braids or traditional black styles and will NEVER get discriminated because of it. And THAT is the white privilege and the reason people use the term cultural appropriation.

eg- Kelly Osborne saying that Zendaya looked like she smelt of ‘weed and patchouli oil’ when she wore her hair in braids to an awards show.

Lily I hope to god you educate yourself a little better before trying to preach on Instagram.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Don't feel too bad. They voted to starve the NHS of funds, they voted for dogwhistle racism, they voted for the current incompetence that's killed thousands. I can think of a lot of things Tory voters deserve, but sympathy isn't one.

But I digress! The whole 'follower of mine' part of that story just shows she has no idea how NOT to centre herself in things. She could have just said "this IGTV from so-and-so" but she had to relate it back to herself.
She will be forever a twit, I do understand that people made mistake. Sometimes people like to dig out the tweets that you tweeted 7-8 years ago, and judge you accordingly. For Lily, she is the same moany Person in 2015 and 2020. We thought being a mum will change her, no never

Reactions: 4
Edit: also, going back to the jogging/dangerous part of London IG story. Another reason it's dangerously racist is that it perpetuates and introduces the idea that any person (I'm assuming nonwhite) that you encounter in that area is a threat. I'm American, so I don't know the area she was talking about. But here in America, we see how quickly that leads to violence against the (perceived) nonwhite "threat." THAT'S one of the pervasive racist habits and "oh I didn't mean it that way" habits we're GLOBALLY protesting to change. And if she's STILL not willing to admit that on the same platform she shared that, then all her IG stories are moot.
Love this; explains it so clearly

I find the fact she even shared this book but made it about herself distasteful!
I appreciate LP has curly hair but there is a difference between a white woman ‘learning to love their curls’ and black women being able to openly love their afro hair in society.

Lily have you ever been discriminated against for having curly hair? NO you just don’t like the look of it!

Have black women (and men) been discriminated against throughout history even still today for having afro curly hair? YES, even in this day and age young black women and girls are discriminated against for their hair. Girls are excluded from schools because they are told their natural curls do not fit their uniform and dress code. Black women have been told they are not allowed to wear their natural hair out in workplaces, colleges and schools because their natural hairstyles are called ‘extreme’.
A girl was excluded from school for wearing her natural hair in an Afro, the reason the school gave was it was ‘too big’. However a white girl can grow her hair down to her bum and they school would have no grounds to exclude her for that! Black women and girls can’t help the way their hair grows however it is used against them time and time again.

EDIT: also this is related to why people get so offended by cultural appropriation. A black woman wears her hair in braids or knots and very often will get discriminated against, mocked or bullied because of it.
A while woman wears her hair in braids or traditional black styles and will NEVER get discriminated because of it. And THAT is the white privilege and the reason people use the term cultural appropriation.

eg- Kelly Osborne saying that Zendaya looked like she smelt of ‘weed and patchouli oil’ when she wore her hair in braids to an awards show.

Lily I hope to god you educate yourself a little better before trying to preach on Instagram.
Also love this - another great explanation!

Reactions: 8

All so very true and well said .

Just on a side note I thought it was some US TV host Giuliana Rancic who made the offensive comments about Zendaya's hair, did Kelly Osbourne also say something?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.