Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 144544

love curly hair that much you’re prepared to fry yours into oblivion and pretend you don’t have it 🤣

She’s on one this morning pretending she’s open to learning and diversity, but we can all still remember the racist undertones of her post last week about going for a run 🙄 embarrassing display really.
She doesn’t love her curly hair at all! Rochelle humes came out and said that she was wearing her hair curly because her daughter had said she was said she didn’t know anyone with curly hair like hers. I can’t imagine lily ever doing that for grey.

it’s so irritating that she is pretending to be so inclusive and just overwriting her posts from last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh bore of dully pebbles.

how can you make sure your daughter learns to love her hair?

Kids learn by example, all she will see is her mum frying her own hair and will grow up thinking her hair is ugly.

didn’t she make a post or something recently about greys curls?Don’t remember what it was but it wasn’t positive

Reactions: 10

Kids learn by example, all she will see is her mum frying her own hair and will grow up thinking her hair is ugly.

didn’t she make a post or something recently about greys curls?Don’t remember what it was but it wasn’t positive
I think she mentioned on one of the lives that she wanted to get a SILK PILLOWCASE for her ONE-YEAR-OLD daughter so her hair doesn’t get frizzy. That’s got to be one of the most ridiculous things this idiot has ever come out with.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
She’s on IG Stories today talking about how “having a diverse upbringing and diverse friendship group was important to my parents for me”. No evidence of it though eh Poobles. You had to borrow Kristabel’s hand for your crappy book. Your only friend appears to be Anna.
its funny all these white influencers are breaking their backs to show how diverse they are. Look at all the books I’m reading and Netflix I’m watching. Armchair activism at best.

Reactions: 15
View attachment 144544

love curly hair that much you’re prepared to fry yours into oblivion and pretend you don’t have it 🤣

She’s on one this morning pretending she’s open to learning and diversity, but we can all still remember the racist undertones of her post last week about going for a run 🙄 embarrassing display really.

I think she's deleted this story now, obviously got roasted for it and rightfully so.

Irritates me no end that she never owns her mistakes though. She'd be a million times more likeable (although zero x 1 million is still zero...) if she just said "this story wasn't acceptable, it's been pointed out to me and I'm sorry, here's my plan for doing better".

But she just edits and deletes and blocks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she mentioned on one of the lives that she wanted to get a SILK PILLOWCASE for her ONE-YEAR-OLD daughter so her hair doesn’t get frizzy. That’s got to be one of the most ridiculous things this idiot has ever come out with.
get or beg? Cc cult beauty and SpaceNK

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Couldn’t be more opposite to Fleur de Force whose daughter has curly hair and in her vlogs she talks about the products they use at bath time, leave in conditioners etc. Lily is already lumping her own hair insecurities onto her daughter.

Reactions: 10
Divers friends? I know she had Hannah who did love her curls, and that model who also moved away, but other than that? And were her friends divers in class/cultural status as well? Doubt it.

Reactions: 2
its funny all these white influencers are breaking their backs to show how diverse they are. Look at all the books I’m reading and Netflix I’m watching. Armchair activism at best.
Genuinely interested: What else could they do during a global pandemic where most places are shut & social distancing applies?

To show they’re doing something is better than nothing, no?

Reactions: 1
It’s very strange. When I think of all their past work, how they’re just only speaking up now. Lily went on a press trip with Next to Portugal that was literally 8 or so white women. For years she and Anna have done things like this and not said a peep. Those Netflix recommendations have been on Netflix for ages but they haven’t cared. They’ve advertised products with poor shade ranges. I’m happy that there is change coming and I hope they are true to their world but it’s shocking how many of these influencers have been so unaware of anti-blackness and how unknowingly they’ve perpetuated it. I really hope they keep up the work.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Genuinely interested: What else could they do during a global pandemic where most places are shut & social distancing applies?

To show they’re doing something is better than nothing, no?
Plenty of people out protesting in London today. I’m sure if any of these influencers felt strongly enough they’d go down and join in.

Personally I’m not expecting anyone to do anything other than take responsibility for their own behaviour and their own learning. I’m fed up of influencers preaching and telling us to watch Netflix and read books as though these issues are new or will actually change anything. Most of them are rich so they could donate money or even better stop taking ad money off the likes of loreal. That would be change.

And as the poster above has pointed out most of them including Lily have been happy to swan along to white only press trips. Where was the outrage then from Lily? And why is telling her audience to read some books going to help with that kind of thing going forward? Because I’m pretty sure it will happen again in the future. She is in the position to change those things not me. Like put a public statement out that she won’t work with any firm that has limited shade ranges or doesn’t include black peoples on press events. Not just oh hi followers, read these books so we can all be more educated. No thanks. Ive read up along time ago. I didn’t need lily pebbles or other influencers to tell me. I mean it’s great if it helps some people but I would personally be worried that i need white influencers to educate me on race issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I cant recall what YT-er pointed this out, but a lot of influencers with darker skin have trouble getting their foot in the influencer world. They are either not on a brands radar, or when they get to trips they are separated ( either by the bran or the other influencers ) from the other influencers. My memory is terrible, but I remember an example were all the white influencers were placed in a bedroom together and everyone else was placed in another bedroom.

It has been a while since Lily has been on a brand trip or mingled with other influencers. Looking at all the breakfast/dinner/events she and Anna went to, I wonder if they have noticed a favoritism going on in the influencer world? I wonder if they have even been in contact with minorities within the industry? Kind of weird if they did not, since both have been in London during their "prime", and I presume that there are a lot of immigrants and British citizens with immigrant parents or grand parents etc. working in the influencer industry.

Maybe I am just looking too much into this, they have probably just been living inside their bubbles and have "not noticed" what's been happening abound them.

Reactions: 7
Plenty of people out protesting in London today. I’m sure if any of these influencers felt strongly enough they’d go down and join in.

Personally I’m not expecting anyone to do anything other than take responsibility for their own behaviour and their own learning. I’m fed up of influencers preaching and telling us to watch Netflix and read books as though these issues are new or will actually change anything. Most of them are rich so they could donate money or even better stop taking ad money off the likes of loreal. That would be change.

And as the poster above has pointed out most of them including Lily have been happy to swan along to white only press trips. Where was the outrage then from Lily? And why is telling her audience to read some books going to help with that kind of thing going forward? Because I’m pretty sure it will happen again in the future. She is in the position to change those things not me. Like put a public statement out that she won’t work with any firm that has limited shade ranges or doesn’t include black peoples on press events. Not just oh hi followers, read these books so we can all be more educated. No thanks. Ive read up along time ago. I didn’t need lily pebbles or other influencers to tell me. I mean it’s great if it helps some people but I would personally be worried that i need white influencers to educate me on race issues.
Completely agree with this. And while some other influencers are calling out brands and committing to pushing for more diversity on press trips etc (we’ll see if they actually do but still), Lily isn’t. She can share all the Netflix shows and books she wants, but she’s in a privileged position to encourage real change and I can’t help but think what she’s doing isn’t enough.

Reactions: 9

Hard agree about the brands and press trips, weirdly seen smaller influencers mention this but not larger ones.

I’ve found useful book recommendations from a few people I follow though (even though most of the recommendations have been things I’ve already read), so I do think sharing what they’re reading/watching will help some of their followers who aren’t quite as far along the journey as others...

I cant recall what YT-er pointed this out, but a lot of influencers with darker skin have trouble getting their foot in the influencer world. They are either not on a brands radar, or when they get to trips they are separated ( either by the bran or the other influencers ) from the other influencers. My memory is terrible, but I remember an example were all the white influencers were placed in a bedroom together and everyone else was placed in another bedroom.
I think this was on a Dote trip, with mainly American influencers who had a slightly younger demographic.

to me, all these are so perform
She's never going to call out brands or refuse to work with them, got to maximise the freebies you can grab!
She already get less job than Anna, it will kill her to share her work with other influencers. Has Hello Fresh, Jo Malone, Nars ever work with minorities influncers?

to me, all these are so perform

She already get less job than Anna, it will kill her to share her work with other influencers. Has Hello Fresh, Jo Malone, Nars ever work with minorities influncers?
Jo Malone sends everyone PR, Ive seen some black girls, again just a select few, its like outside of Pat o black influencer exists to these brands, Nars also Ive seen some ppl working but not a lot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.