Lily Pebbles #5 Baby Greige turns one in age; but don't be silly, it's all about Lily!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to me, all these are so perform

She already get less job than Anna, it will kill her to share her work with other influencers. Has Hello Fresh, Jo Malone, Nars ever work with minorities influncers?
Ive seen nars working with other minorities but the others no !

Snoreville. They could have different guests on...i.e. Black people, Lily!
That’s what I’m struggling with now with these influencers. People have been calling them out for this tit for YEARS! I’d like to believe that many (some?) of them will put in the work and make their industry more inclusive but their history of ignorance and silence has been very telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The thing is if It was such a powerful experience for her then why not address the post from last week about going for a run in her area? Surely you’d realise your mistake and the offence caused and think this is a good time to admit a bad mistake and own up that you’re trying to learn from it?

Reactions: 16
Business woman..... You post pictures of you doing household chores , you moan about your husband, you sulk under the table, and monetise a videochat with your mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Personally, I think a lot of the motivation for these influencers to post so much content on BLM is because they don’t want to be seen not to. I don’t doubt many, if not all of them, think what happened to George Floyd but they’re definitely motivated to share by their own fear of being “cancelled” or “called out”. I’m finding it hard to truly see their posts as authentic, especially as so much of it feels like they’re preaching. It’s almost like they are trying to absolve themselves of (or at least make peace with) the guilt they feel for having never done anything before, and directly/indirectly benefited from their white privileged within their own industry. Personally, I don’t want to be educated by an influencer - I want them to just recognise what they can do, and what they haven’t done, and to make meaningful changes long term. I’m actually finding it quite patronising.

Have been enjoying these threads (the light hearted and serious discussions!) - long time lurker over here!

Reactions: 23
And here we go. Asking for recommendations of inclusive brands.

Do. Your. Own. Research. Stop. Begging. For. Freebies. Stop. Profiting. From. Black. Lives. Matter.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Lily and these influencers need to really ease up on the influx of posting and re-posting other posts, it’s actually becoming overbearing and they are starting to make it about them. It’s fine we get that you’ve suddenly had an awakening that there’s racial injustice in the world (I’m a black woman btw) but just chill out. Why don’t they quietly watch the films, read the books and take in what they are seeing over this period and allow some time to take it in.

Change doesn’t happen over the course of a week, yes you can be awoken to something, but it’s what you do 3,6,9 months / years down the line is what is really gonna make things count

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Do. Your. Own. Research. Stop. Begging. For. Freebies. Stop. Profiting. From. Black. Lives. Matter.
They are so overcompensating now, people may argue 'if it is not now then when' but I really don't see these people being genuine, I am sorry for being honest. She watched the series about the Central Park 5 last summer but did not even recommend it during that time because last year, calling out racial injustice is not a trend, and now she is overcompensating by saying that 'I watched it when it came out'. Stop trying to make this all about you. I have recommended the series to my white colleagues, in which their replies were 'I started but is too hard to watch' // 'very predictable' (what a twit!)

Watching a film, and excessively following of black influencers will not stop the discrimination in the social media world. First stop, ask Gleam, what are they doing to drive diversity? As Mermaid pointed out earlier, is about what you do long term that counts.

Reactions: 12

quite appalling. Also the background to that post was fenty beauty which lily dismissed in the past right? Did she say something like it wasn’t aimed at her or she didn’t get the hype around the brand? Oh but no she’s going to use inclusive brands...why do they fit her agenda now but not in the past when she could get away from her bigotry.

Agree with the posters, the reposting and posting is becoming overwhelming now. i don’t feel it’s genuine either. I think it’s a handy way to boost engagement.

Reactions: 13

This. It drives me wild. She is supposed to be the source of great info and sharing knowledge with everyone, not asking everyone else to do it for her. It’s damn lazy.

Reactions: 3
She also said on stories this morning that she has previously emailed brands to ask about increasing shade ranges...

I don’t know about you, but I don’t believe that for a second.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
She also said on stories this morning that she has previously emailed brands to ask about increasing shade ranges...

I Dont believe it either because I’m sure she would have mentioned that she did. And when I saw her post with the fenty beauty background I laughed because that was something she didn’t even have any interest in trying it, she actively said she wasn’t going to buy anything ( because she hates hype).

Reactions: 3
Re Fenty, I'm sure she said that it wasn't aimed at her. And then she said the brand name was silly. She was called out at the time but just did a typical Lily saying she was misunderstood etc etc etc.

Reactions: 11

55BA79BB-7921-4CA6-8679-FA2F6AB83DBE.png

I wonder where she got the idea...

Reactions: 6
quite appalling. Also the background to that post was fenty beauty which lily dismissed in the past right? Did she say something like it wasn’t aimed at her or she didn’t get the hype around the brand? Oh but no she’s going to use inclusive brands...why do they fit her agenda now but not in the past when she could get away from her bigotry.

Agree with the posters, the reposting and posting is becoming overwhelming now. i don’t feel it’s genuine either. I think it’s a handy way to boost engagement.
Shes the one that said what kind of name is Fenty they are trying to copy Fendi. She is really pissing me off lol. Shes so fake and making it all about her. Its YOUR job to know what brands are exclusive and not. FFS. Thats how u know these influncers just show off free products amd know nothing about their jobs

Shes the one that said what kind of name is Fenty they are trying to copy Fendi. She is really pissing me off lol. Shes so fake and making it all about her. Its YOUR job to know what brands are exclusive and not. FFS. Thats how u know these influncers just show off free products amd know nothing about their jobs
*inclusive not exclusive

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.