Lily Pebbles #47 A slime trail of lame šŸŒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And let's not forget she supposedly only uses an aff link for things she feels comfortable linking to, but then links to "dupes" that she doesn't even own!!! Make it make sense.
she does it for her followers because she's just sooo generous šŸ™„ like their best friend, you know, sharing her recommendations (and stuffing her wallet)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wait sorry I am slow but she gets market vouchers monthly? I knew about the Aff links etc but the vouchers as well. influencing is such a fucked industry they literally don't buy anything ever

Reactions: 12
I have noticed the influencers who claim ad declaration to be ā€œsoooo complicatedā€ often tend to also be the ones who complain that instagram ā€œisnā€™t what it used to beā€ and can it please go back to being fun (aka wall-to-wall undeclared ads).
Kindly duck off, you and your greedy mates are the ones who turned it into a relentless QVC shopping channel.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Iā€™ve just watched her Berlin vlog. She seems amazed to find that there is a river running through it. She lives in Londonā€¦

Also does she not realise that the majority of cities have been established near water either for transportation, drinking water or bothā€¦?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Iā€™ve just watched her Berlin vlog. She seems amazed to find that there is a river running through it. She lives in Londonā€¦

Also does she not realise that the majority of cities have been established near water either for transportation, drinking water or bothā€¦?
I can state with utter confidence that she does not realise this.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Her face in the insta story where sheā€™s building Lego for the golden child - pure resentful intolerant rage. Classic Lily. Does she ever notice her expression before she posts her crap?

Reactions: 11
Why does Lily look like she's chewing sand every time she talks about Grey? This time she's condescending because Grey doesn't like toys and prefers sitting and doing creative things?!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I hate it when influencers do this, act like marking things as an AD is such an inconvenience and really confusing for their followers to understand! Itā€™s not hard! They just donā€™t like doing it as it shows just how much free stuff they are getting
Guiiiise it is sooooo confusing šŸŽ»šŸŽ»šŸŽ» wah wah šŸ™„ how is it more confusing when all you have to do now is to slap ad on everything instead of multiple different tags such as pr gift etc. It is much more simpler for the consumer, which is the point of these rules, to protect the consumer from your shady tactics.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The only confusion stems from her unwillingness to state how much she gets away with, and the only surprising thing is how much she still gets from brands despite being terrible at influencing anything positive.
Can somebody tell her to eff off? Ta.
Lilyā€™s three braincells tell her that ā€žadā€œ should only apply if there was a contract written between her and a brand. She doesnā€™t see it as an ad if she makes money from it without an official contract. Sheā€™s dumb, but what else is new.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate it when influencers do this, act like marking things as an AD is such an inconvenience and really confusing for their followers to understand! Itā€™s not hard! They just donā€™t like doing it as it shows just how much free stuff they are getting
And then she follows it up with a story with ad-affiliate link in white text on a light background :mad:
---

Someone skipped her history lessons
---
And then she follows it up with a story with ad-affiliate link in white text on a light background :mad:
---

Someone skipped her history lessons
Quoting myself like a knob but honestly there's even a meme on IG about how most major European cities have basically the same components including a river. She just has no intellectual curiosity or desire/ability to question anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Lilyā€™s three braincells tell her that ā€žadā€œ should only apply if there was a contract written between her and a brand. She doesnā€™t see it as an ad if she makes money from it without an official contract. Sheā€™s dumb, but what else is new.
She's the no-one-told-her that keeps on no-one-telling.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Iā€™m new to this but whatā€™s the issue with Anna? What happened there? šŸ¤”

LIly used to give her honest opinion and create content that she had to come up with when she first started but now with so much competition, she'd rather just do content that her followers will watch and possibly engage in so she can continue making money. She's feeding into the parasocial relationship bc by soliciting advice from her followers, she's feeding into the illusion (and really delusion) to her followers that they're "friends" even though that couldn't be further from the truth.

I can just see it now when Lily is 50 and getting ready to "retire" b/c her job is so exhausting and she's downgrading her home asking her followers which smaller home they like best (all whilst complaining about her children's school fees), are they finally going to wake up and be angry at the fact this lazy person will get to retire comfortably when there's a chance they themselves will never be able to retire or will they just be happy to be asked and continue this parasocial relationship?
Very well said šŸ™ I think Iā€™m not keen but get if someone with a personality shares what they wear/like and if you want to support them you click the link etc blah blah. But literally asking people (in other words) ā€œwhat are you most likely to spend your money onl and then kindly putting links for everyone to spend that money and earn herself free cash is gross.
---
I'd love to know why she thinks she's having to put "ad when it's not really an ad". Shes making money from products she is recommending in all of these examples (either directly in payment or indirectly through a saving) and they all sound like pretty simple definitions tbh, she just doesn't want to disclose it.
Also her line of the actual rules are ā€œpretty confusingā€. Then surely sheā€™d be wise to pay for someone to explain them to her, or ask her management because things like that should be followed properly if she cared about her followers šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
---
Exactly. And I hate the ā€œwhen Iā€™m gifted something I have no obligation to postā€. Sure, but Arket arenā€™t going to send you monthly vouchers if you never talk about their clothes, are they Lily?
Yes weā€™re to believe that she has piles of vouchers for upper mid range priced clothing sitting in a draw because she doesnā€™t want to support or use that brand.
---
And let's not forget she supposedly only uses an aff link for things she feels comfortable linking to, but then links to "dupes" that she doesn't even own!!! Make it make sense.
And I realised, that thereā€™s no way theyā€™ve for example tried on all the dupes theyā€™ve sourced. So theyā€™re linking to different priced versions of the grey cardigan (for example) probably never having even seen it in real life. Theyā€™ve no idea how itā€™ll wear or wash etcā€¦ so helpful of them

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.