Lily Pebbles #47 A slime trail of lame šŸŒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh Lily is in Borough Market on a Friday afternoon - Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get an insta story soon about this well-kept secret among Londoners, and how itā€™s totally on her doorstep, so convenient! :D

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sheā€™s posted a video in her snacks broadcast channel of her and Rich trying some garlic and thyme feta that sheā€™d bought at the super exclusive and secret Borough Marketā€¦ they both use the fork and both put it back in the jar to get more feta šŸ¤®

The pair of them are mingers!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
You just wait until Lily discovers Camden market food stalls and their slashed prices at the end of the day. Another well-kept London secret! And have you guys known about the Oyster card!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I donā€™t usually comment on the influencer nature of the job. Itā€™s a job thatā€™s developed in modern times. But this really does take the biscuit. She gives zero shits about helping anyone. This is the most blatant call for her followers to do her job for her, and then link it back to them so they give her cash for affiliate links. Itā€™s gross. She could at least have the nerve to have an opinion and like things which her followers can choose to click if they resonate with them. But this is just so lazy, so lacking in effort and thought. Itā€™s mind blowing these people can make a living from this. It reeks of her not wanting to put her opinions out there as sheā€™ll possibly get less clicks, as it may not appeal to the greater majority. How she can post this and not feel ashamed.
I would give a thousand thumbs ups to this if I could! So true! She's basically asking her followers what ads they want to see. Who would want more ads in their face? We have adblockers for a reason. And if I wanted something from a brand, I'd just go buy it. I don't need a smelly influencer to link it to me.

Reactions: 11
I would give a thousand thumbs ups to this if I could! So true! She's basically asking her followers what ads they want to see. Who would want more ads in their face? We have adblockers for a reason. And if I wanted something from a brand, I'd just go buy it. I don't need a smelly influencer to link it to me.
I mean what she's saying is do you want a tiny discount on something I'm being paid much more/receiving a much bigger discount, and how can I make sure the free tit I want aligns with what you want

ETA: honestly it's this time of year that gets me as people with more money and free stuff than sense get sent Ā£100s worth of things that so many people would appreciate and then it just sits in their house because everything is "my all time favourite"

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I guess when you post footage of your 'work trip' during the week, you don't have to post a vlog on weekends, too.....
Her inconsistency is absolutely baffling. How does she get away with it and still get so many freebies thrown at her? There's us poor f*ckers working day in day out, and she can just... nah... not post because she doesn't feel like it. Easy.
She'll make up for it in AF links later on in the week.

Reactions: 12
Massive eye roll at her being excited for an easy to get to Ikea in central London. Imagine taking all your impulse purchases back home on the tube! I thought there was a reason ikeas all had massive car parks.
my first thought at the Oxford St announcement was omg the tubes will be a fecking MARE with all the flatpack toting punters

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I donā€™t usually comment on the influencer nature of the job. Itā€™s a job thatā€™s developed in modern times. But this really does take the biscuit. She gives zero shits about helping anyone. This is the most blatant call for her followers to do her job for her, and then link it back to them so they give her cash for affiliate links. Itā€™s gross. She could at least have the nerve to have an opinion and like things which her followers can choose to click if they resonate with them. But this is just so lazy, so lacking in effort and thought. Itā€™s mind blowing these people can make a living from this. It reeks of her not wanting to put her opinions out there as sheā€™ll possibly get less clicks, as it may not appeal to the greater majority. How she can post this and not feel ashamed.
LIly used to give her honest opinion and create content that she had to come up with when she first started but now with so much competition, she'd rather just do content that her followers will watch and possibly engage in so she can continue making money. She's feeding into the parasocial relationship bc by soliciting advice from her followers, she's feeding into the illusion (and really delusion) to her followers that they're "friends" even though that couldn't be further from the truth.

I can just see it now when Lily is 50 and getting ready to "retire" b/c her job is so exhausting and she's downgrading her home asking her followers which smaller home they like best (all whilst complaining about her children's school fees), are they finally going to wake up and be angry at the fact this lazy person will get to retire comfortably when there's a chance they themselves will never be able to retire or will they just be happy to be asked and continue this parasocial relationship?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hate it when influencers do this, act like marking things as an AD is such an inconvenience and really confusing for their followers to understand! Itā€™s not hard! They just donā€™t like doing it as it shows just how much free stuff they are getting

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 33
I hate it when influencers do this, act like marking things as an AD is such an inconvenience and really confusing for their followers to understand! Itā€™s not hard! They just donā€™t like doing it as it shows just how much free stuff they are getting
I'd love to know why she thinks she's having to put "ad when it's not really an ad". Shes making money from products she is recommending in all of these examples (either directly in payment or indirectly through a saving) and they all sound like pretty simple definitions tbh, she just doesn't want to disclose it.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The only confusion stems from her unwillingness to state how much she gets away with, and the only surprising thing is how much she still gets from brands despite being terrible at influencing anything positive.
Can somebody tell her to eff off? Ta.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I normally just lurk on this thread so sorry for barging in, but this has made me so mad. Why are none of them open about the affiliate link being valid for eg 30 days on that website, even if you don't buy anything when you initially click through? It is SO sneaky. No wonder so many of them pop handy Amazon links to things.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Yes, it's that time of year again where Lily posts her condescending 'you guys just don't understand, it's not always an ad, sometimes it's a pr discount'. No, Lily, whenever you post something about a brand and get something in return, whether it's money, a discount, free products or a combination of any of those, IT'S AN AD!!

Reactions: 27
Exactly. And I hate the ā€œwhen Iā€™m gifted something I have no obligation to postā€. Sure, but Arket arenā€™t going to send you monthly vouchers if you never talk about their clothes, are they Lily?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I normally just lurk on this thread so sorry for barging in, but this has made me so mad. Why are none of them open about the affiliate link being valid for eg 30 days on that website, even if you don't buy anything when you initially click through? It is SO sneaky. No wonder so many of them pop handy Amazon links to things.
Absolutely! Also 7-11% is not a small commission in my eyes, that's quite a large % especially when you know about the fact that it remains active for that website.

Reactions: 23
Absolutely! Also 7-11% is not a small commission in my eyes, that's quite a large % especially when you know about the fact that it remains active for that website.
I neverrrr click on a link posted by an 'influencer' for that very reason. I'll just look for the item myself. It's quite disgusting how long they remain active, and at 'a very small percentage' at a time, that soon ads up. I'd love to see just how much she makes from the numerous links she posts every month.

Reactions: 22
Plus it's a conscious choice to do an aff link - she is choosing to share an item in order to make money from it, not just because she fancies posting about it. You can't deliberately monetise something and then complain that you're having to disclose it

Reactions: 26
Plus it's a conscious choice to do an aff link - she is choosing to share an item in order to make money from it, not just because she fancies posting about it. You can't deliberately monetise something and then complain that you're having to disclose it
And let's not forget she supposedly only uses an aff link for things she feels comfortable linking to, but then links to "dupes" that she doesn't even own!!! Make it make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.