Lily Pebbles #30 I’m not sure what my contribution is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all fairness, when your husband is jobless is much easier to hand the baby to him. Whereas Rich is working part time so there might be days where he has to be in the office. Having said that I think Lily is a control freak, she should have gotten a nanny so Rich and her can be back at work. I mean if I earn as much as Lily, I would do so.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also the sheer ungratefulness she's showing there "the best I could find!" when she got a discount from the company is just hideous.
When will these brands learn to stop pandering to her?
Came here for this. She moans about it being sub par and the wrong colour. Swyft must be thrilled for their wise decision to collab with Poobles.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
View attachment 858307

She hasn't even finished the room yet and she's already made a colour choice she regrets, and guess what... Another grey issue!
She's ridiculous 😂
Wasn’t the sofa bed gifted? Didn’t someone on here wrote the brand about that?? And she’s whining about the color FFS. Grey, should be her fav. Greige - even better.

Speaking of, we should do some sort of last minute poll or bet or something on the ridiculous name that’s coming!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Wasn’t the sofa bed gifted? Didn’t someone on here wrote the brand about that?? And she’s whining about the color FFS. Grey, should be her fav. Greige - even better.

Speaking of, we should do some sort of last minute poll or bet or something on the ridiculous name that’s coming!
Wonder if she'll return the stupid, overpriced Soho Home rug and get something else, or if she'll keep it and whine about the "grey tones" for ever. FFS.

Reactions: 7
The other day, some ridiculous baby name popped into my head and I thought it would be just the kind of name Lily would pick. I remember thinking that I needed to share the name with you all but now I cannot remember it for the life of me 😟 hopefully it’ll come back before the name is announced!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
How much was that rug? Because it’s hideous!
I think it was like a grand?
She has no taste at all she could have easily chosen the green velvet or orange sofa which would have gone quite nicely, but she had to get ‘beige’ because it’s ‘cool’ and ‘skandi’ .
The rug is such a random choice as I would say it’s rustic and folksy like nothing in her home, she’s all over the place.
Update on rug price it’s 1.5k 😮 she’s a lunatic, I thought she was on a budget!!!? She’s managed to spend nearly 2k on that stupid lamp and this rug, whilst constantly moaning about being on a tight budget, it’s actually obscene

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I think it was like a grand?
She has no taste at all she could have easily chosen the green velvet or orange sofa which would have gone quite nicely, but she had to get ‘beige’ because it’s ‘cool’ and ‘skandi’ .
The rug is such a random choice as I would say it’s rustic and folksy like nothing in her home, she’s all over the place.
Update on rug price it’s 1.5k 😮 she’s a lunatic, I thought she was on a budget!!!? She’s managed to spend nearly 2k on that stupid lamp and this rug, whilst constantly moaning about being on a tight budget, it’s actually obscene
She just has no planning or foresight, so she ends up being crazy wasteful and stuck with bad design. I think the grey sofa has potential but that rug just doesn’t go (and isn’t that attractive). So many other options on Soho Home as well, if she absolutely has to get the rug from there.

Reactions: 16
Looking back, I think its obvi when Lily's downfall truly started and it wasn't when she was pregnant with Grey. Once Anna surpassed Lily in followers on both IG and YT and Lily knew she couldn't ever catch up again on either platform is when Lily sacrificed any modicum of individuality she possessed. Lily's content was never amazing but I think Anna's surge (esp with her book sales and "tour) was the biggest factor in Lily leaning fully into her lackadaisical content. Having Grey was what fully pushed her face down into her laziness abyss.

Anna straight out copies looks (and photos) from other influencers and clearly gets her inspo from what IG algorithm literally pushes at her. Anna is the definition of basic. Lily I think realised the only thing she can do at this point is hang on to Anna and copy her bland/piss colour aesthetics b/c what Lily previously wore and her style (who can forget that atrocious yellow and black bathroom tiles of hers - but tbf it was Lily's style) had peaked. Lily could have stayed true to who she was but she didn't b/c at the end its not about being truthful or true to one's self to her she made it clear it was solely about money.

Lily no longer picks what she likes, she goes based off of IG and Anna (which in essence are the same thing) b/c she thinks it's what her followers like but also she knows all of it are things she absolutely does not plan to keep long term in the hopes to maintain her current income. Notice Lily never mentions even homes (an astronomical expense) as long term investments. Everything in her life bar her family members and friends are viewed solely through a short term/disposable lens. It's not just an incredibly sad way to live but also its UNBELIEVABLY wasteful and absolutely catastrophic for the environment.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
‘So important to keep them clean’ as she shows us a pot of dirty brushes…

E365693D-0795-413F-AC4B-662064F7A2FC.png

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She’s so lazy 😂 it would have taken 20 minutes to give them a scrub and a dry yet she doesn’t bother.

Reactions: 15
Looking back, I think its obvi when Lily's downfall truly started and it wasn't when she was pregnant with Grey. Once Anna surpassed Lily in followers on both IG and YT and Lily knew she couldn't ever catch up again on either platform is when Lily sacrificed any modicum of individuality she possessed. Lily's content was never amazing but I think Anna's surge (esp with her book sales and "tour) was the biggest factor in Lily leaning fully into her lackadaisical content. Having Grey was what fully pushed her face down into her laziness abyss.

Anna straight out copies looks (and photos) from other influencers and clearly gets her inspo from what IG algorithm literally pushes at her. Anna is the definition of basic. Lily I think realised the only thing she can do at this point is hang on to Anna and copy her bland/piss colour aesthetics b/c what Lily previously wore and her style (who can forget that atrocious yellow and black bathroom tiles of hers - but tbf it was Lily's style) had peaked. Lily could have stayed true to who she was but she didn't b/c at the end its not about being truthful or true to one's self to her she made it clear it was solely about money.

Lily no longer picks what she likes, she goes based off of IG and Anna (which in essence are the same thing) b/c she thinks it's what her followers like but also she knows all of it are things she absolutely does not plan to keep long term in the hopes to maintain her current income. Notice Lily never mentions even homes (an astronomical expense) as long term investments. Everything in her life bar her family members and friends are viewed solely through a short term/disposable lens. It's not just an incredibly sad way to live but also its UNBELIEVABLY wasteful and absolutely catastrophic for the environment.
I also think that she is an inherently lazy person and once the industry became more competitive/saturated she has struggled to keep up because she's simply not prepared to put the work in. She also think she's owed success because she was lucky enough to get in when she did. Lily today would not be able to build a 40k following let alone a 400k following.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's not just an incredibly sad way to live but also its UNBELIEVABLY wasteful and absolutely catastrophic for the environment.
And this is why I genuinely hate this woman. She has allllll the resources and time in the world to learn and change her ways. She also plays fake woke about issues, including the environment. I don’t live in London, but if I ever ran into her, I would have a hard time not saying something to her. She has (had, at this point?) a platform and she has children, which is a way more important forum in which to model and teach more sustainable behavior. And no, going EV ain’t it.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.