Lily Pebbles #21 hair so brittle it snaps, colour palette limited to shades of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if it’s the 3 all nighters I’ve pulled lately studying/writing papers, the death in the family, or the insomnia that’s hit now that I’ve finished them (any type of day off university work leaves me filled to the brim with anxiety 😬) but Lily’s vlog was... actually nice? It somehow reminded me of old Lily in a good way; the reno content, while definitely wasteful, didn’t feel cocky and the glimpses of Grey were adorable and something about her felt natural...

If it took Anna’s falling apart for Lily to get her tit together, I’m here for it 😂

If you all think I might just be going insane after a terrible week, I will take your word for it and promptly take a nap
I came here to say this! I actually enjoyed this one 😂 she seemed a bit grumpy at the start but snapped out of it, and was almost back to her old self ❤

Think this format of filming little and often, with a mix of content works well for her, as opposed to pressurising herself to film just one day and make it extra interesting.

Reactions: 13
Lol. That kitchen, i want to change it because is very blue in photos.

• Haha
  • Angry
If her only issue is that it’s blue in photos, why doesn’t she just edit them with her favourite mud filter

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I also didn't hate the vlog this week BUT cause it's Lily I have to point out the following:

1) Rich wanted to take a work call but Lily NEEDED to test the paint for the kitchen
2) She is now "painting' the narrative that the kitchen guys told her she needed to repaint the kitchen - she has literally wanted to repaint it since they moved back in but now she is acting like it's out of her hands
3) The loft height issue - I did wonder if the issue with the height might be the start of 'we can't do the loft we need to move'
4) Rich brought her back Sushi and say said 'it's been ages since I had sushi' - she literally had it on Mother's Day which was less than a month ago
5) She said she really enjoyed doing a longer vlog whereas last week she said (at the end of her vlog) that she enjoyed doing the shorter vlogs
6) When she was talking about Grey's clothes (seriously WTF was that cross body cardigan?) she said how from here on in the age range for clothes size gets bigger lasting up to a year. She tried to explain that clothes ranges go in 3 months blocks and said 0-3/3-6/6-9/9-12 and then she said '12-24 months' she does realise that that is the same as 1-2 years?

But agree - it was some of her better work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I agree, she wasn't her unbearable moany self in this vlog, and it was quite refreshing

One thing that bugged me was when she said she has to film a podcast with Anna (and chat with her after the podcast is done) at 10am, then she checks in after to say she's just finished it "it's now half 12, it literally takes up half the day". Well, when you start your work day at 10 am and then take a break to chat with your bff I guess it does??? Two hours worth of work and she is already moaning about it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 42
1-2 year clothes tend to be split 12-18 & 18-24. I assume that’s what she meant to say. All those new clothes, it’s so easy to find nice kids clothes second hand especially if you live in London.

Reactions: 9
Grey does always look cute and nice but i just can't be dealing with all these beiges, blacks and greys. Ok it doesn't have to be pink but for the love of god get some primary colours up in this witch

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Waiting for Lily to say she watched Seaspiracy and how horrified she was and Rich does beach clean up, but then ignore the fact that her tampons kill the dolphins. I don’t think she is throwing hers now to the bin

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I haven’t watched her vlog, is she seriously considering painting the kitchen cupboards black?! From Hague blue? Lol.

• Wow
I haven’t watched her vlog, is she seriously considering painting the kitchen cupboards black?! From Hague blue? Lol.
Yeah she is, because it’s « too blue ».

I love how she says she’s working so Rich is at the park with Grey but then all she does is measure her kitchen to see how the bigger fridge would fit and spend all morning on the phone with Apple about her laptop. Must be nice.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Yeah she is, because it’s « too blue ».

I love how she says she’s working so Rich is at the park with Grey but then all she does is measure her kitchen to see how the bigger fridge would fit and spend all morning on the phone with Apple about her laptop. Must be nice.
And brag about Friday being so easy, since everyone is so quiet on Fridays and she doesn't get many emails :cautious: I thought it was supposed to be a work day, Lily?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I think she’s trying to convince herself that she loves her Hague Blue living room. It was a bit weird how she insisted on it so much while justifying the change of colour in her kitchen, from the same blue to a black. She won’t admit how she messed up and followed a trend that she doesn’t like, and will put patches on it that in a year she will hate. I would have so much more respect for her if she would admit to her mistakes and change it all. At least she would be straight forward, and not lying between her teeth.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is still more than Anna has done in MONTHS! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Lily can’t even measure baskets to fit into a cupboard and she’s over here trying to measure for a built-in double fridge?!? HILARIOUS.

The fact that the fridge is so far away from the stove really irks me. Why don’t they just put the fridge where the larder is now and turn the fridge space into the larder?

I think the Hague Blue kitchen looks miles better than the Hague Blue living room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Lily can’t even measure baskets to fit into a cupboard and she’s over here trying to measure for a built-in double fridge?!? HILARIOUS.

The fact that the fridge is so far away from the stove really irks me. Why don’t they just put the fridge where the larder is now and turn the fridge space into the larder?

I think the Hague Blue kitchen looks miles better than the Hague Blue living room.
💯 I think her kitchen is the best thing in her house.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

Absolutely! I was wondering why they didn’t just decide to flip the larder & the fridge. I don’t love The Hague blue in the living room but I do love it in the kitchen, which I think is down to the skylight / extension

Reactions: 14
Absolutely! I was wondering why they didn’t just decide to flip the larder & the fridge. I don’t love The Hague blue in the living room but I do love it in the kitchen, which I think is down to the skylight / extension
I have a south facing living room, I felt so depress even during winter time. I cannot fathom how they live in a dark living room.

Reactions: 11
I have a south facing living room, I felt so depress even during winter time. I cannot fathom how they live in a dark living room.
Same! I have a south facing garden that’s all windows and we painted it in bright white (because I couldn’t decide on a color) and after a COVID winter here,!8 love just how bright it is all the time. I only need lights on when it’s nighttime.

Now to decide on a paint color for the mother facing kitchen when we redo it.

Reactions: 4
The front of my house is south facing. I’ve kept it light like the previous owners had and I agree @LittleBluebird about only having to use a lamp during an evening. But the dark trend isn’t my cup of tea, anyway. I can imagine a dark room that’s south facing shows up every imperfection when the sun is shining. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I really like the Hague Blue kitchen too. I’m confused because she says it looks fine irl but too blue in photos. I know she has to take photos of her kitchen for her work but as somebody said earlier she could just retouch them.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.