Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
They could recycle one of the old episode and no one will suspect anything, it will be a deja vu moment
We could write a podcast episode for them, and no one would notice.

Anna: “Oh my word, like, Lily, like, it’s been YONKS since we like recorded a podcast episode. I’ve had like, a good ol’ house renovation moment. It’s been a messy situation situation, and I’m not here for it.”
Lily: “Oh god, I’m so jealous. Lol.”
Anna: *giggles* “Yeah, like Lily, oh my word, how are we all? I hope you’re all well!”
Lily: “Yeah, I’m good. Actually, I’m OBSESSED. I’ve like started my loft renovation ...”
Anna: “Oh my word, a renovation moment!”
Lily: “Yeah, but you wouldn’t understand. It’s a London loft I’m renovating, so it’s a London thing. My family agrees with me.”

Feel free to continue! I should really go back to work. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

Helmi

We could write a podcast episode for them, and no one would notice.

Anna: “Oh my word, like, Lily, like, it’s been YONKS since we like recorded a podcast episode. I’ve had like, a good ol’ house renovation moment. It’s been a messy situation situation, and I’m not here for it.”
Lily: “Oh god, I’m so jealous. Lol.”
Anna: *giggles* “Yeah, like Lily, oh my word, how are we all? I hope you’re all well!”
Lily: “Yeah, I’m good. Actually, I’m OBSESSED. I’ve like started my loft renovation ...”
Anna: “Oh my word, a renovation moment!”
Lily: “Yeah, but you wouldn’t understand. It’s a London loft I’m renovating, so it’s a London thing. My family agrees with me.”

Feel free to continue! I should really go back to work. 😂
Anna: "I can't believe it, Mark has been cleaning our windows this week and he's been so good at it, I can't believe it. Is there anything that man can't do?"
Lily: "Rich cannot do anything, he is completely useless."
Anna: *giggle* "Oh my word, poor Rich! *giggle*
Lily: "You are so lucky that you have so much free time because you're not a mum. I am and I don't have time for everything."
Anna: "I'm sure you're right, my life does not have any purpose because I don't have children. How could I forget with you reminding me every five seconds?" *giggle*
Lily: "Just wait till you have kids!"
Anna: "Amen, sister!"
Lily: "By the way, did I mention that Rich and I watched three whole season's of Grey's Anatomy last weekend? I don't know how, considering that we don't have time for anything because we have a toddler. Oh, and I painted some cardboard but because I filmed it, it's work."
Anna: "Should we pick up some questions from our Facebook group, because we are too lazy to actually plan our content? But let's pick the ones that are about finding a husband, uni or renovation because those are the only things we have insights on."
Lily: "Oh yes, and motherhood. But you wouldn't know anything about that, because you don't have kids – YET."
Anna: "Oh you" *giggles* *giggles*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

LA2019

Lily will always find an excuse not to work out. She got away for years not having to do any exercise yet swanning around in £90 Lulu Lemon leggings and she was perfectly happy about that. She wants to be the kind of woman who drops her kids off at school and then goes for a run because that is the typical image of 'Desperate Housewives' image that she really buys into. She also can't make the connection between her inherent laziness and the fact that exercise takes work and motivation. There is absolutely no reason she has to wait until she's 'done having kids' (i cannot tell you what a triggering statement that is for those of us who have suffered with fertility). I am naturally not good at sports or exercise. It's taken me so long to get to a stage where I am motivated to excercise regularly. I now exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week (I AM ALSO A WORKING LONDON MUM). I do it because it gives me time to myself, because I feel so much better about myself once I'm done, because I'm getting closer to 40 and I want to be fit and healthy. I haven't lost any weight in the last few years. I wear work out clothes from Tu and H&M. I don't care what anyone thinks of me when I'm running (slowly) round my park or in a spin lesson with other people. Lily seems to think that working out needs to be a Nike advert with high end clothes and perfect abs. Like with lots of things, she has all the gear but no idea.

On the mould issue - I can imagine the builder made them aware that it could be an issue but Lily was like 'I don't care, i need big wardrobes for all my many gifted items'. And I don't buy that they couldn't get a trades person to come fix their gutter. We had a gutter issue around December and had someone out within a day. I can imagine that Lily and Rich had a passing thought about it but didn't act on it because, like installing new windows, it's not a 'fun' bit of house reno so why spend any time on it.

How many clothes does she have? Seriously? She seems to wear the same 5 outfits day in/day out but has more clothes in her wardrobe than I have owned in the last decade?

I love how she frames recording a podcast (literally chatting to her friend since neither of them can be bothered to do any research/fact checking), sorting her wardrobe and painting samples onto card as 'work'. This is why it winds me up when she talks about being a 'busy' working mum. Those are literally the things that the rest of us have to do around our work/social lives/parenting duties.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Anna: “So, Lily, I have a ‘show and tell’ this week ...”
Lily: “Oh my god I did NOT have the time for that. I have like nothing to show like all I ever do is shop for my child lol”
Anna: * gasps*
Lily: “You’ll understand once you’re a mum”
Anna: *nods submissively*
Lily: “I have a ‘watch like share repeat’. But go on then, what’s your *dismissive voice* FANCY item this week?”
– dramatic break –
Anna: “So, Maaaawk found this fishing supply website last week ...”
Lily: “wtf!”
Anna: “Hear me out, like, Mark found some real gems there. Like, investment pieces. Like, he bought these kinda plastic-y dungarees, you know like rubber-y, so you can like stand in water and stuff ...”
Lily: “Oh my god, like wellies! Like wellies but in dungaree form?”
Anna: “Yeah, like, so he can have a fishing moment...”
Lily: “Oh my god, I have wellies! But they’re LONDON wellies, like when you know you’re a proper LONdoner when you want to go for a muddy walk but you also want to have like a pastry afterwards ...”
Anna: “Yeah, yeah, like wellies. So, Mark got these dungarees, and oh. my. word. he looks SO stylish in them. Like Brian Bathgate stylish. I mean, they were like, quite pricey, like a proper investment piece, but SO worth it.”
Lily: “Oh my god, is that like your ‘show and tell’ this week?”
Anna: “Nooo, noo, not Mark’s dungarees. *giggle* So, I had a look at the website and oh my word, fishing supplies are like so stylish! I picked up a few bits and bobs for myself, and I found these oversized chunky like rubber boots and I thought they’d be really good for like events and stuff once we get out of lockdown ...”
Lily: “Oh my god, can you show me!”
Anna: *puts on her fisherman’s boots*
Lily: “Oh my god guys, this is UN-REAL. Bah, look at you like experimenting with fashion... *whispers* I hate you. Like, I’ve really lost my style ever since becoming a mum.
Anna: “Don’t worry Lily, we can make you like a capsule wardrobe. Like, a capsule fisherman wardrobe, oh my word!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

ellas

I don't know why she keeps talking about this. Does she not realise it makes her sound SO DUMB?! She is a woman in her 30's with a kid and she found out about ovulation, what, like 3 years ago?!

I'm not sure I'll be able to listen to this week's podcast. Anna's giggling really annoys me and I'm sure it's worse than ever in this ep. I'm just surprised they didn't have The Mark Edit on to tell us all about planting his seed!
According to Lily, you turn 13-14 and get your period. Gynecologist then gets you on birth control. You go on for approximately 15 years with no idea what a cycle is and feels like, clog tons of toilets with used tampons during that time as well. Finally pressure to have kids hits (coz you're married and shit). Now you have an opportunity to learn about your body in your thirties by posting stupid ignorant stuff on your social media accounts.
Sounds legit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Kat_Valentine

VIP Member
From what she has previously said her mum looks after Grey on a Wednesday.
I still can’t believe she refers to that as ‘childcare’ just being a fucking normal person and say my mum watches her 😂

She’s such a pretentious knob

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Screenshot_20210406-114046.png

If only we could invent some sort of report for the weather to tell us the temperature so we could dress accordingly! Oh well, a girl can dream...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

CDoop102

Am I the only person who picked up that she congratulated Anna on getting pregnant in her first month of trying? What a stupid insensitive thing to say. It’s luck, nothing else. I managed to get pregnant in my second month of trying but I’ve just had a close friend who’s IVF failed - so did I “nail it” (which is the card she sent Anna) and my friend didn’t? No, I was very fortunate and my poor friend has been really unlucky. Who edits this? I mean, don’t they have the sense to take these bits out!

• Heart
  • Sad

Readinginks

VIP Member
I will never forget when Lily asked Grey if she was scared when it was getting dark and they were walking home, while Grey didn’t seem to respond, Lily went on and on how scary the darkness was. Lily doesn’t have any common sense or nurturing instinct.

• Wow
  • Sad

ellas

Listening to the new podcast, all about pregnancy (shocking I know) and Lily just said that no one told her that women ovulate once a month. I almost spit my coffee. 😄 Good thing is we breathe by default, coz if no one told her how to breathe...
She is trying real hard not to make podcast all about her and letting Anna shine, but you can hear in her voice that she is jealous and sad. Anna on the other hand - so much giggling.

ETA: Anna just said that she is wearing thongs and jeans whilst pregnant, Lily will go to the corner and cry now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
View attachment 530820
Hey guys! I CBA to do my job properly, but please reward me for it nonetheless!
It’s getting to the stage now with Influencers where I’m wondering if this is all a joke, they’re trolling us aren’t they?

In what world it that an acceptable caption and photo when it’s your job?

Trying to imagine how it’d go down where I work, if I just emailed the team I’m supporting... “Hi guys, I forgot everything you said in that meeting yesterday, although I remember it was a good one ... ha ha ha...”

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Jazz!

Here we go moaning about mask
Screenshot_20210412-163529_Instagram.jpg

That annoys me so effing much! She can't find a mask because she barely goes out? Poor Lily, she definitely has it the worst. Imagine having to work in an FFP2 mask all day, which actually means 8 hours, not 4 like you think, Lily.
Urgh at that facial expression.

• Angry
Reactions: 56

OppositeFeature

Chatty Member
Why is it the worst, most chilling prospect if her kindly husband/loving father of her child helps out and a little noise can be heard? Why is she such a miserable fucking dumb bitch?
In the meantime when Rich has work calls 'oh sorry about the background noise, my wife is painting cardboard in the kitchen' 'Sorry if there's background noise, she's sitting under the dining table tantruming bc her photoshoot didn't go as planned' 'One sec guys, my wife is letting our toddler walk into my wife's office that I'm borrowing to try and take this work call and she thinks it is funny, lemme just close the door and shoot some cold stares'.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55

LA2019

Lily is basically saying that they will sell after the loft renovation....She decided the house is not good enough and convinced herself.
The same happened with the small flat which was really nicely decorated and decent size ( for London) .
It is almost funny to see her lack of depth / self-awareness with her responses. You can see she is now trying to word out mature/ adulty responses but but she truly lives in a bubble of her own. So so, bizarre for someone that young who grew up in London.
On " Grey days" , I am probably a broken record, why would you call your baby girl Grey?
Honestly having grown up in London I can totally see the bubble that she grew up in. She didn't grow up in a particularly diverse area and went to private school. Her limited interests seem to be heavily influenced by her parents as has her concept on what people's lives 'should' look like. I can see a lot of myself in her - when I was aged 15. I grew up not far from where she did (although went to a state school).

The difference is, when I don't think the person I was in my younger days is the person I still have to be. I've grown. Uni wasn't about finding a husband - it was about meeting people from all different backgrounds. Having a bit of a wonky career has made me realise the value I put on my career and how I would rather love what I do than do it for the money (I also realise that I'm in an incredibly privileged position to be able to have this choice). I dated loads of different men (cough, boys) before meeting my husband. Again, that experience taught me about myself. I've travelled (although never did a gap year as I couldn't afford it). I surround myself with loads of different people who don't have carbon copies of my life/set up and I learn so much from them and their experiences. Heck, even having a long struggle to have my child was a massive learning experience. What I'm trying to say, is people evolve, they have experiences and that helps to shape who they are. Lily is a child. She never puts herself in a position where she might be vulnerable or expose herself to learn something new about herself. She's just really nothing-y.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

dee_mc

VIP Member
Why doesn’t she do it herself then? She’s always going on about being such a Tomboy, but has she ever done anything around the house herself? Instead of standing in the sidelines and complaining
I'd be sincerely worried that one day Rich might just snap. He's got to be full of pent-up aggression and frustration living with that bitch.
She's standing there, phone in hand, goading him and making sure he not only knows that she thinks he's not up to the masculine task of putting up a picture hook, but also that she's planning to share this opinion with her band of idiot followers. Meanwhile she, a mother of one, has just recently found out what her fucking ovaries are for.
Christ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
I don't understand why they can't record after Grey goes to bed? Also, her entire podcast is one long complaint about being a parent, so I don't see how it matters if anyone hears a kid in the background.
Because Anna needs to be in bed by 9 pm.

• Haha

consumerism makes u free

I can't even parse her grievance here. Why does she have to last minute record a podcast since her childcare cancelled? Why does Grey HAVE to have a bath exactly then? Why is it the worst, most chilling prospect if her kindly husband/loving father of her child helps out and a little noise can be heard? Why is she such a miserable fucking dumb bitch?

Attachments

• Haha