Lily Pebbles #21 hair so brittle it snaps, colour palette limited to shades of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title courtesy of @TheBabeWithThePower -- Apologies, I had to edit the title to make it fit. The original title is: ' hair so brittle it continues to snap, colour palette limited to shades of crap.'

Recap:
Since our last recap Lily has mostly been frying her hair into oblivion, while dressing Grey head-to-toe in beige, and dissing Rich (What's new?)
In the latest round of Keeping up with the Newton's, Lily has forged full steam ahead with her loft renovation plans. Anything Anna can do, Lily can do better.
Speaking of doing better than Anna, Lily has scored an ad with Anna's favourite Alllies of Skin. Things are looking up for Miss Moany Pebbles!

Screenshot_20210324-171623_Instagram.jpg

Anything I missed from the recap? Add it in comments!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Love the title 👏

People have been loving Anna's two big plants these days under her latest yt video and on her IG, she even did a story on IG yesterday talking about them (the plants are obviously thriving and are beautiful imo). Sure enough, there's a story on Lily's IG from this morning with a pic of an ordinary plant looking sad and she wrote "this plant is loving life in this corner". LMAO no one cares Lily!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Is it bad that i prefer lily to anna? At least lily annoys me. Anna is just so meh. And her eyebrows 🤮 well both of their brows really

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Thread title courtesy of @TheBabeWithThePower -- Apologies, I had to edit the title to make it fit. The original title is: ' hair so brittle it continues to snap, colour palette limited to shades of crap.'

Recap:
Since our last recap Lily has mostly been frying her hair into oblivion, while dressing Grey head-to-toe in beige, and dissing Rich (What's new?)
In the latest round of Keeping up with the Newton's, Lily has forged full steam ahead with her loft renovation plans. Anything Anna can do, Lily can do better.
Speaking of doing better than Anna, Lily has scored an ad with Anna's favourite Alllies of Skin. Things are looking up for Miss Moany Pebbles!

View attachment 505710

Anything I missed from the recap? Add it in comments!
Even though it's not exactly her shade, she looks 100% better in that pink hoodie than her horrible beige porridge clothes. She looks alive, for one.

Reactions: 20
idk if it was just the lighting but she had a lot of texture on her chin when showing the eczema around her lips? considering the allies of skin ad followed, it doesn't make the product look good. im using the LRP cicaplast baume (amazing for dry but spotty skin!!) but the AOS one doesn't look much different / any better imo

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 505796
Depth and substance? High bar? 😨
Wow. I’m lost for words. I actually listened to that episode yesterday and there’s so much that didn’t sit right with me – the first thing being Anna saying “oh yeah, it’s been a crappy, crappy week for women with Sarah Everard and – Blessing – found dead on a Sussex beach”. Ffs, at least try to learn to pronounce her name in your stupid token sentence!
This podcast episode just screams privilege and stupidity to me – it’s fine if you’re privileged and stupid, but maybe don’t try to make a podcast out of it. They were basically just reproducing negative stereotypes of women by saying they found it surprising that the working atmosphere at Gleam wasn’t bitchy despite there being so many women. And I shouldn’t be surprised, but I’m still baffled that these two dimwits can’t understand the rules of maternity leave and call their minimal efforts research. This podcast is incredibly lazy content, and it exposes them for their lack of intelligence and awareness around anything that doesn’t directly revolve around them and their overly coddled lives.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Today's big decision, what shade of beige carpet will Lily add to her beige home?
Even if you didn't have little kids crawling around, why would you want what is essentially a doormat as your carpet? She's so desperate to have an Insta home.
And "picking carpet is my least favourite job of all time " - check your privilege Lils. What about folk who would love to buy a new carpet and can't afford it. Or doctors who have to tell family their loved one has died or coronavirus. Poor Lily having to torture herself with what doormat (love it) carpet to buy. We all know she has no taste anyway and whatever one she chooses, it will be out of fashion and the wrong one in a year's time.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
And "picking carpet is my least favourite job of all time " - check your privilege Lils. What about folk who would love to buy a new carpet and can't afford it. Or doctors who have to tell family their loved one has died or coronavirus. Poor Lily having to torture herself with what doormat (love it) carpet to buy. We all know she has no taste anyway and whatever one she chooses, it will be out of fashion and the wrong one in a year's time.
Exactly!! She makes me so so mad

Reactions: 11
Wow. I’m lost for words. I actually listened to that episode yesterday and there’s so much that didn’t sit right with me – the first thing being Anna saying “oh yeah, it’s been a crappy, crappy week for women with Sarah Everard and – Blessing – found dead on a Sussex beach”. Ffs, at least try to learn to pronounce her name in your stupid token sentence!
This podcast episode just screams privilege and stupidity to me – it’s fine if you’re privileged and stupid, but maybe don’t try to make a podcast out of it. They were basically just reproducing negative stereotypes of women by saying they found it surprising that the working atmosphere at Gleam wasn’t bitchy despite there being so many women. And I shouldn’t be surprised, but I’m still baffled that these two dimwits can’t understand the rules of maternity leave and call their minimal efforts research. This podcast is incredibly lazy content, and it exposes them for their lack of intelligence and awareness around anything that doesn’t directly revolve around them and their overly coddled lives.
Totally. But how authentic and genuine is any of this info? That woman from Gleam is hardly going to come on and say 'yep, it's a really tricky place to work because of x, y and z' it's hardly impartial. And then Lily went on to say that there isn't any tension between influencers and that image is something that 'other' people like to create but all influencers are basically secure women supporting other women. Literally everything Lily does is ripping off other female influencers or done to one-up her work wife. The podcast is about as deep as a puddle. It's nothing but a money making exercise.

Exactly!! She makes me so so mad
Is this carpet for the loft or for the upstairs which she only fitted a few years ago. If she rips out carpet which is less than 3 years old then she is the most wasteful POS going.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
This podcast is incredibly lazy content, and it exposes them for their lack of intelligence and awareness around anything that doesn’t directly revolve around them and their overly coddled lives.
Yes, that was such a lazy episode. One thing that particularly annoyed me was the discussion about Mark's work situation. Anna said that they didn't tell anyone about Mark working for her for a year because they knew people would judge him. Then she continued that no one would basically bat an eyelid if he was a woman and became a secretary for his husband's company.

Um, yes they definitely would? If I had a female friend who had a university degree in a totally different field and decided to resign to become their husband's assistant, I would definitely tell them it was a bad idea. Going back to your previous field can get really challenging and it's not always a good thing not to have any things of your own in a marriage.

I know that Anna and Mark's arrangement is probably making sense financially and they may end up having more disposable income than before. But please don't make this into a feminist issue.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Exactly, how do they know if Gleam is a toxic environment or not? Even if someone is upset they won't show it in front of Lily and Anna as clients because A) professionalism B) they are not bitchy as you Lily

Today's big decision, what shade of beige carpet will Lily add to her beige home?
Even if you didn't have little kids crawling around, why would you want what is essentially a doormat as your carpet? She's so desperate to have an Insta home.
Begging for carpets since 2019

View attachment 505796
Depth and substance? High bar? 😨
What did Mark's friend say?

Reactions: 15
Didn’t she say when she got Rebecca Wakefield to redecorate her bedroom that changing the carpet was not an option as it was new? Of course that was before Anna got the house and Lily had to compete with her by redoing her whole house into the London Scandi Showroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I cannot tell if Lily's skin is mole or congestion? It looks a lot like congestion to me. I am not talking about the image of her acne face but rather all her normal pictures. It always felt to me that her skin care just sat above her skin rather than it being absorbed

Didn’t she say when she got Rebecca Wakefield to redecorate her bedroom that changing the carpet was not an option as it was new? Of course that was before Anna got the house and Lily had to compete with her by redoing her whole house into the London Scandi Showroom.
Lily's take on Scandi is really the worst I have seen on IG

Reactions: 10
Who will tell her that carpet will never be scandi, no matter what shade of beige she picks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Who the f cares about those carpet stories? 😴😴😴 I guess even if someone does, they won't find much useful info on those, as they are photographed through a filter and there is no info on the name / material / brand.

Reactions: 13
Yes, that was such a lazy episode. One thing that particularly annoyed me was the discussion about Mark's work situation. Anna said that they didn't tell anyone about Mark working for her for a year because they knew people would judge him. Then she continued that no one would basically bat an eyelid if he was a woman and became a secretary for his husband's company.

Um, yes they definitely would? If I had a female friend who had a university degree in a totally different field and decided to resign to become their husband's assistant, I would definitely tell them it was a bad idea. Going back to your previous field can get really challenging and it's not always a good thing not to have any things of your own in a marriage.

I know that Anna and Mark's arrangement is probably making sense financially and they may end up having more disposable income than before. But please don't make this into a feminist issue.
She is the most wasteful piece of tit already. Bet she’s going to use the loft Reno to excuse replacing perfectly good 2nd floor carpet. And ... Foil on your windows? C’mon.

Reactions: 8
If she gets her new carpets before she gets the loft done she seriously needs to have words with herself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.