Lily Pebbles #21 hair so brittle it snaps, colour palette limited to shades of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this has probably been discussed already but I can’t get over how shite this ad is...
A) you can barely see the product... took me 2 watches to see what she was going on about and I really had to look
B) there’s so much going on, it’s confusing as duck and with the music as well really quite jarring
C) as well as the imagery being all over the place, she hasn’t really mentioned anything about the product either in the description that gives me any hints about what the product is, whether or not I’d like to buy it, and what the benefits are
D) I imagine she story boarded this as a delightful tale of a spontaneous kitchen table picnic on a lazy afternoon. Oh me! Oh my! How naughty. But what fun we are having, tra la la........ etc. However this narrative of her life she’s trying to portray is already spoiled, even before you realise how ridiculous the concept is, because she’s moaned about what a hassle it was to put together already in her behind the scenes stories. Totally ruining the impact for me.
E) afternoon tea is NOTHING TO DO WITH DEODORANT.

Weirdly though that post has made me crave Victoria sponge cake to ridiculous extent. The deodorant or whatever it is? Not at all.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Exactly. The idea should match the product.

She has the colouring to pull off a yellow dress. Sling one on, get a bunch of daffs and talk about feeling fresh and zingy for spring.

Job done!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I know this has probably been discussed already but I can’t get over how shite this ad is...
A) you can barely see the product... took me 2 watches to see what she was going on about and I really had to look
B) there’s so much going on, it’s confusing as duck and with the music as well really quite jarring
C) as well as the imagery being all over the place, she hasn’t really mentioned anything about the product either in the description that gives me any hints about what the product is, whether or not I’d like to buy it, and what the benefits are
D) I imagine she story boarded this as a delightful tale of a spontaneous kitchen table picnic on a lazy afternoon. Oh me! Oh my! How naughty. But what fun we are having, tra la la........ etc. However this narrative of her life she’s trying to portray is already spoiled, even before you realise how ridiculous the concept is, because she’s moaned about what a hassle it was to put together already in her behind the scenes stories. Totally ruining the impact for me.
E) afternoon tea is NOTHING TO DO WITH DEODORANT.

Weirdly though that post has made me crave Victoria sponge cake to ridiculous extent. The deodorant or whatever it is? Not at all.
The filter she uses is so dark as well! I had to turn up my phone screen brightness just to work out what I was looking at

• Wow
Reactions: 14
5CCE5F14-DF9B-4604-9BCE-F91CC2DD3E14.jpeg
She looks miserable - so forced
Also why do influencers think we want to see selfies of them?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Looks like she has let Rich have the 1st free haircut after lockdown:rolleyes: it's a disgrace but I suppose if salons are offering them they (influencers) are going to take them.

Reactions: 7
Ha! Now I know who inspired Lily to fry her hair. Philippa Bloom! It all makes sense now.
87AF0419-EA09-49FF-ABE1-57DB7A415D4C.jpeg
C8DCCF6E-44C0-4D65-8AF7-7EAEC339D60B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I would love if Rich went and just got a trim and left his hair long. It would drive Lily insane.

Reactions: 16
I would love if Rich went and just got a trim and left his hair long. It would drive Lily insane.
I think he should try keeping the curls on top and trim the back and sides down. I think curly hair on top like that can look really nice on a guy.

Reactions: 20
I think he should try keeping the curls on top and trim the back and sides down. I think curly hair on top like that can look really nice on a guy.
Lily’s going to buzz off those curls while Rich sleeps with all the compliments he’s surely getting.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
F518D0FB-CCF5-4CCB-A336-7A367821148A.png

this will drives her proper mad for comparing her to McD..lol

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t know if it’s the 3 all nighters I’ve pulled lately studying/writing papers, the death in the family, or the insomnia that’s hit now that I’ve finished them (any type of day off university work leaves me filled to the brim with anxiety 😬) but Lily’s vlog was... actually nice? It somehow reminded me of old Lily in a good way; the reno content, while definitely wasteful, didn’t feel cocky and the glimpses of Grey were adorable and something about her felt natural...

If it took Anna’s falling apart for Lily to get her tit together, I’m here for it 😂

If you all think I might just be going insane after a terrible week, I will take your word for it and promptly take a nap

Reactions: 21
I don’t know if it’s the 3 all nighters I’ve pulled lately studying/writing papers, the death in the family, or the insomnia that’s hit now that I’ve finished them (any type of day off university work leaves me filled to the brim with anxiety 😬) but Lily’s vlog was... actually nice? It somehow reminded me of old Lily in a good way; the reno content, while definitely wasteful, didn’t feel cocky and the glimpses of Grey were adorable and something about her felt natural...

If it took Anna’s falling apart for Lily to get her tit together, I’m here for it 😂

If you all think I might just be going insane after a terrible week, I will take your word for it and promptly take a nap
I'm so glad you said that. I enjoyed it too! I thought I was going bonkers!

She seemed a lot more with it and content.

Hope you get some time to relax. Sounds like you've been through a really intense time. X

• Heart

Yes! It felt like the old times — she seemed so relaxed and, dare it, happy and content ! It was fun, breezy, and not at all moany!

I was a bit nervous when she said black fir the kitchen but I can see how it might work. That being said, I love her kitchen in the bright sunlight. It’s her kitchen, though, so whatever she likes, obvi.

Hair looks in the new video

C712CC0E-4BC2-45C4-A275-D45B708225B6.jpeg
66AF0F51-98A1-43B9-9B02-8CD0E5B224C4.jpeg
DDC1AEBF-2A8C-42F4-A473-02E5BF17801D.jpeg
AF003DFC-D07C-4792-9798-CD69DE297128.jpeg

I cannot believe this wasteful idiot is going to repaint her kitchen. I’m sorry but paying all that money to go from dark blue to black?! It doesnt make ANY sense! She hates her house...

6562C83C-8B59-4556-9A3E-6BFD7EBE8AD5.jpeg

Nice? 😅😅😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I cannot believe this wasteful idiot is going to repaint her kitchen. I’m sorry but paying all that money to go from dark blue to black?! It doesnt make ANY sense! She hates her house...
I agree - she hates her house. She is going to keep changing things up but even at that I think she'll never be happy with it. She also mentioned that there's a chance they won't be able to do their loft conversion or that there might not be much point in doing it since the ceiling height is so low (Rich can barely stand up in there). What will probably happen is that Lily will insist on going ahead with the loft conversion (despite all advice telling her not to), spend £30k or more on it, and then decide that it doesn't work at all.

They should probably just move.

Other takeaways:
-She does seem a bit more upbeat in this video and is clearly enjoying the fact that Anna's productivity has fallen off a cliff /she will want to capitalise on this.
- She clearly resents the fact that she actually has to buy clothes for Grey - she wants everything gifted!
- Rich looks positively grubby in today's vlog. Lily doesn't look much better. I know it's lockdown and all, but these two have really let themselves go..

Screenshot (2).png

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh they will definitely do it regardless of whether it makes sense. Bit like the larder.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.