Lily Pebbles #13 Oh diarrhoea on the wall, who is the moaniest of them all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t understand about the office situation is that most of the time we see Lily “working”, she’s doing so from a laptop at the dining table (with the exception of the podcast)?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Isn't Rich working in market research? Hence I am assuming that he probably needs 2 screens. To be honest, so many of us are working on our dinning table, some of our neighbours even have their desktop/ monitor permanently set up on their dining table because your employers don't care if you work in your loo or the moon. At the end of the day, you need to deliver. Too bad if your wife valued 'aesthetic' than functionality. I don't even feel bad for Rich, he endures 8 months of working on a small desk, who does that?

That also reminds me of their Dyson fan situation, too stingy to buy a Dyson fan, but at the same time, they are too good for some unbranded fan.

Rich is a label bleep, just like Lily herself. It has to be Dyson/ West elm or nothing

What I don’t understand about the office situation is that most of the time we see Lily “working”, she’s doing so from a laptop at the dining table (with the exception of the podcast)?
She acts like she has multiple ads on her hands, all she has is some recycle Hello Rank, 3rd grade razor and overpriced Chinse jewellery.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I think that she's clinging onto that office because it makes her feel important, makes what she does feel more tangible, credible because she has a desk and a room just for her.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here. This is exactly why she is clinging on to the office for dear life.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m reading a book by Brene Brown on vulnerability, and this passage reminded me of Lily.
This is interesting and sounds exactly like Lily's public persona. I feel we don't at all 'know' the real Lily.

Reactions: 5
I remember once reading that Ltd companies (which LP is) can often 'rent' space in their houses and write it off as a tax deductible. It's complicated (my partner is Ltd and doesn't do this) but bet Lily does this and it's why she has the big back room rather than the smaller box room as her office.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
No idea what the law is in the UK, but in my country is illegal to offer a job position (even a freelance gig) that only people of one gender/age group/sexual orientation/etc can apply to. Of course you can choose however you want to hire, but it's considered discrimination to negate access to jobs based on those types of reasons.
I believe in the UK it would come under the Equality Act 2010.

Why does Lily never think before publishing things like this, surely somewhere in the deepest darkest corner of the waste land of her cranium there must be just a tiny little something saying "hey maybe it's wrong in 2020 to specify this has to be a woman designer" but no, of course not.

Reactions: 18

Why does Lily never think before publishing things like this, surely somewhere in the deepest darkest corner of the waste land of her cranium there must be just a tiny little something saying "hey maybe it's wrong in 2020 to specify this has to be a woman designer" but no, of course not.
But hey, she’s a FEMINIST, remember? And this just proves how much she doesn’t understand what feminism stands for.

• Haha

No one told her

But hey, she’s a FEMINIST, remember? And this just proves how much she doesn’t understand what feminism stands for.
Also stands for birthing

4A960EAB-F4FA-45FA-8824-CEEF426D2FF8.jpeg

lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
She can't take criticism lmfao. What do you mean you "know"? Obviously you don't or you wouldn't have pronounced the word incorrectly (not just once but twice may I add!). She always has to somehow justify herself when someone points out something she did/said wrong, like she always has to make it sound like it wasn't really wrong -- like she actually knows what the right way is but for some reason in this instance she did it differently. She's the worst.

View attachment 304707

Also I can't believe how terrible her paint is lol. She promoted the tit out of Farrow & Ball throughout her renos but 1-2 years later it's already all chipped off which huge chunks of paint missing out all over the wall? Lily is literally the anti-influencer. She tells me what NOT to spend my money on.
I know right?! I almost bought an epilator because of her, thank God I noticed she was the only influncer using one. HAHA.

Reactions: 5
There are situations where you can advertise for someone of a particular gender but there has to be a relevant reason. For example a support worker in a woman's refuge.

You can't just do it to make yourself look like a feminist! (Even a feminist who can't understand why women aren't all desperate to have children and built a career on the beauty industry.)

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This annoyed me. Yes Lily, us regular mums also have to put makeup on with their child around. Is she trying to make a point ? Look how hectic and busy my life is ? Christ I don’t even piss without my daughter loitering
Totally - I do my makeup in 5/10 minutes when toddler is playing - plus she doesn’t ‘need’ to wear makeup (not that anyone ‘needs to’ obviously) if she’s just at home. Plus has presumably set up the camera to record such a ‘candid’ moment or asked Rich to do it!

God forbid Grey grows up and decides she does not want children. Or marriage isn’t for her

Reactions: 13
God forbid Grey grows up and decides she does not want children. Or marriage isn’t for her
Hope that she doesnt want to be in London too

Totally - I do my makeup in 5/10 minutes when toddler is playing - plus she doesn’t ‘need’ to wear makeup (not that anyone ‘needs to’ obviously) if she’s just at home. Plus has presumably set up the camera to record such a ‘candid’ moment or asked Rich to do it!
Why wear make up when your end result is horrid and grump anyway? She could use Hinch’s filter (cannot remember the filter!), so she doesn’t need to put on a make up. Also does she not take away the lipsticks from Grey when she is playing with things that she’s not supposed to

Reactions: 12
Hope that she doesnt want to be in London too

Why wear make up when your end result is horrid and grump anyway? She could use Hinch’s filter (cannot remember the filter!), so she doesn’t need to put on a make up. Also does she not take away the lipsticks from Grey when she is playing with things that she’s not supposed to
I wouldn't have let my kids anywhere near my makeup or lipsticks when they were young because I bought it all myself. I suppose if you're gifted most of it then that's not an issue!

Reactions: 27
I wouldn't have let my kids anywhere near my makeup or lipsticks when they were young because I bought it all myself. I suppose if you're gifted most of it then that's not an issue!
Also not everything is a toy. Like the last time when Grey was playing with the fiddle tree leaf, she took a pic for a gram instead of taking it away from her. I know this isn’t mumsnet, i find it weird... maybe is one of those sensory things. My mum will be fuming if i mess with her plants, but that was 28 years ago though maybe is different now

Reactions: 9
Also not everything is a toy. Like the last time when Grey was playing with the fiddle tree leaf, she took a pic for a gram instead of taking it away from her. I know this isn’t mumsnet, i find it weird... maybe is one of those sensory things. My mum will be fuming if i mess with her plants, but that was 28 years ago though maybe is different now
Has she got a philodendron? They're actually quite poisonous, so best to keep kids away from them!

I think she tries to portray the lovely parts of being a Mum - like the curiosity of a child and a daughter playing with her Mum's makeup - but instead of pointing out how those kind of memories are special, she always makes it look miserable! Just keepin' it real.

Reactions: 10
Lily is ignoring every comment that mentions a desk for Rich, and yet she liked a lot of other random ones 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.