Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely loved here style back then. It was the time I discovered blogs and Lily was one of the first one I followed. As I’ve been to school back then, I usually tried to copy her Top-Cardigan-Miniskirt- Thights-and-Belt-Outfits. There was nothing Emo about it at all!
yeh exactly! Her indie style was cute and quite creative. So weird how she doesn’t just own that, rather than make out she was head to toe checkerboard and leopard in a slipknot mosh pit. Like ehhhh?

Reactions: 11
That red dress is a blast from the past!
Always quite liked her style then. Her all black, faux emo looks now are boring. Almost forced. Forever seeing an Iron Maiden tshirt over a long dress or skirt with studded belt and the same Sinclair DMs.

Reactions: 9
very casual for black tie. The cHokEhOlD ASOS has on her…. Can she not buy from anywhere else?

also stumbled over one of her blog posts, I really need to know when the emo era was as she was 100% indie

View attachment 1495395
Wow! I'd forgotten all about this era of fashion and omg the pigeon toes are so awkward!! Her look was very Topshop and mainstream... Makes you realise what a take this new persona is!

Reactions: 12
That red dress is a blast from the past!
Always quite liked her style then. Her all black, faux emo looks now are boring. Almost forced. Forever seeing an Iron Maiden tshirt over a long dress or skirt with studded belt and the same Sinclair DMs.
I agree! She used to actually explore different styles. I think those pictures are all from like 2014 when she started posting on Lookbook.
The most “emo” style she’s ever had is the style she has now?
and even that… she literally wears midi skirts with band tees and docs. Or a black dress & docs.
But all her clothes are literally from asos / PLT / boohoo …. Wow yeah so edgy and alternative.

Reactions: 7
you guys may enjoy the Topshop / 00s fashion really nostalgia thread! We have a generic 00s nostalgia one too somewhere

• Heart
Reactions: 18
very casual for black tie. The cHokEhOlD ASOS has on her…. Can she not buy from anywhere else?

also stumbled over one of her blog posts, I really need to know when the emo era was as she was 100% indie

View attachment 1495395
It’s like looking at 15 photos of me at uni in the late 2000s 😭 oh Lily, my peak has been and gone as well.

you guys may enjoy the Topshop / 00s fashion really nostalgia thread! We have a generic 00s nostalgia one too somewhere

this is amazing, and I didn't realise Topshop was no more! My uni wardrobe was exclusively TopShop and Bay Trading

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m actually bored of her style now. Only reasons I’ve stuck around following her haha cus it sure ain’t duck her dazzling personality 😂.
But a baggy t shirt, leggings & docs?
99% of people wear that. It’s boring.
Wish she’d just do something different.. anything!
All a/w she’ll live in fake disco pants, an oversized tee, some form of big oversized coat, get some animal print in there, that horrible L necklace & docs.
& for the love of god “slouchyyy viibbeeess” stop adding the word vibes onto the end of everything - it’s a slouchy fit or it isn’t lmao.

I'm very sorry but since when was she into Slipknot?? If she would own that she was an indie queen I'd love her cause that's what she was good at.. but now I'm finding it so difficult to take her seriously now that she's pretending she was into harder music than she was just to impress people and be 'edgy and different'.. she's trying way way way too hard ..

Reactions: 15
She really thinks she’s changing the world by liking wrestling and metal.

One of the great pioneers of our lifetime.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm very sorry but since when was she into Slipknot?? If she would own that she was an indie queen I'd love her cause that's what she was good at.. but now I'm finding it so difficult to take her seriously now that she's pretending she was into harder music than she was just to impress people and be 'edgy and different'.. she's trying way way way too hard ..
I've said this before, but I suspect she may have been into rockier music when she was younger (Slipknot were very popular around 2001 I think?) and then transitioned into indie like lots of others when it became popular around 2005/6. So not a lie per se, just glossing over the in between period when she hadn't shown any interest in heavier music.

For me it was this story

“gatekeepy types who see a blonde girl in a slipknot tee and panic because I couldn’t possibly like a band like that and be fashionable”

• For one, Lily, YOU are the ‘gatekeepy’ type
• Two, sorry you’re hardly a blonde
• Three, what does hair colour matter anyway - I’ve loved metal and rock since I was 15 and have never had anything other than blonde hair? Are all rock/emo fans supposed to dye their hair black? As I and all my old friends must have missed this memo for the past 18 odd years 😂
• Also you being fashionable anymore is a bit of a stretch, you kinda look just like everyone else now who wears docs every day of their life

Honestly the try hard “vibes” are driving my crackers. Not sure why I still follow! Scroll back down her timeline just 2 years and her style even then was WAY off what it is now

Attachments

Reactions: 17
Wasn’t the whole “girls can’t wear band tees just for fashion!!” thing over like… 12 years ago?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.