Lily Melrose aka Llymlrs #2 Scenior citizen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am a couple of years younger than Lily, and never really followed her or anyone in the blogging world. I still loved this style at the time.
Because the style was literally everywhere. Half of Lily's clothes were from New Look. She didn't even shop around. Just wore what New Look mannequins did.

Influencers in those days simply replicated popular existing street style. They weren't creating trends.

Reactions: 19
Because the style was literally everywhere. Half of Lily's clothes were from New Look. She didn't even shop around. Just wore what New Look mannequins did.

Influencers in those days simply replicated popular existing street style. They weren't creating trends.
Show some respect, Lily INVENTED the high street

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Or Topshop - pretty sure that velvet dress was a Topshop one.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah literally she wore the clothes off the manequins/rails in new look and topshop. We all did. She wasn’t pioneering she was just one of the first to take head-down-stare-at-my-feet full length photos of her outfits. But she just wore dresses, tights and boots like anyone did.

She acts like the messiah honestly. I agree - I’d love half her confidence it must be great.

Reactions: 9
I am a couple of years younger than Lily, and never really followed her or anyone in the blogging world. I still loved this style at the time.
I was the exact same but im a year younger than her and hadn’t heard of her until just a few years ago. That dress and boots was a style but she definitely didn’t start it 😂

I’m from a small town in Scotland and every second girl had that outfit on when we went underage clubbing.. it was a basic dress and boots from topshop Lily you aren’t the original influencer 😂

Reactions: 6
Some other fashion bloggers I followed around the same time: Lydia Millen, Anna edit, lily pebbles, in the frow etc. All infinitely more successful than lily and have some how managed to graduate from posing against a wall in her own bedroom

(and Lydia used to copy llymlrs style when she started, posing in her front garden or drive and blurring all the background out 🤭)

Or Topshop - pretty sure that velvet dress was a Topshop one.
I had it! I’ve got pictures of me wearing it, it was one of my first Topshop purchases, I remember being so proud 😅

I was the exact same but im a year younger than her and hadn’t heard of her until just a few years ago. That dress and boots was a style but she definitely didn’t start it 😂

I’m from a small town in Scotland and every second girl had that outfit on when we went underage clubbing.. it was a basic dress and boots from topshop Lily you aren’t the original influencer 😂
Yeah I only started following her around the time she had her YouTube channel. So way after her ‘hey day’ 😅

Reactions: 2
I never followed Lily back then because I lived in Bristol at the time and it was allll about Motel dresses

Reactions: 4
I never followed Lily back then because I lived in Bristol at the time and it was allll about Motel dresses
Omg those motel dresses, like 3 different styles of body con dresses in a million prints! Now that’s a blast from the past. And the Topshop obsession too

Reactions: 8
Whyyyyyy does she constantly try and speak like a 16 year old to stay relevant ????!
“THE CHOKEEEHOLLLDDD THIS HASSS”
“SUCHH A VIBBBEEE”
“UNNMATCHEEDDDS VIBBEESS”

you’re literally over the age of 30 & you sound like a prat 😂.

Also I had to click off her story the other day I couldn’t handle the level of CRINGEEE from her trying to say how she had a “cultural” impact in her early blogging days 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.
“not saying I was a trail blazer or anything..” oh really? Becayze I thought you invented ombré hair and the indie sleaze look you quirky quirky gyyaaall🤪🤪😜.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Omg those motel dresses, like 3 different styles of body con dresses in a million prints! Now that’s a blast from the past. And the Topshop obsession too
Swear every girl friend group had every dress in every print between them and would swap them each week so everyone gets a chance to wear them all 😂

I remember the Topshop obsession too and tbh I used to love going to Topshop!

Lily always talks about how she was emo but I’ve said before in all her old pictures she definitely has a more indie style. Emo girls back then wore band t-shirts, jeans or a denim skirt with footless tights and a studded belt. Then all the emo started drifting in to scene fashion 😂 Imagine if Lily had been in to scene, she’d be talking now about how she was the original scene queen and invented raccoon hair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She acts like the messiah honestly. I agree - I’d love half her confidence it must be great.
Personally I think she's actually lacking in confidence and this is just a defensive front because she knows deep down she doesn't have enough to offer as an influencer these days. Someone who was actually confident/dgaf wouldn't be so uptight about sharing any aspect of her life outside her own bedroom.

But she's *too cool* to keep up sooo ...(which inevitably leaves her joining in on things like YouTube/tiktok too late and pushing her even further behind, then getting defensive about using them when she eventually does)

Whyyyyyy does she constantly try and speak like a 16 year old to stay relevant ????!
“THE CHOKEEEHOLLLDDD THIS HASSS”
“SUCHH A VIBBBEEE”
“UNNMATCHEEDDDS VIBBEESS”

you’re literally over the age of 30 & you sound like a prat 😂.

Also I had to click off her story the other day I couldn’t handle the level of CRINGEEE from her trying to say how she had a “cultural” impact in her early blogging days 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.
“not saying I was a trail blazer or anything..” oh really? Becayze I thought you invented ombré hair and the indie sleaze look you quirky quirky gyyaaall🤪🤪😜.
Came to say the same 😂😂 that latest story made me cringe so much

Reactions: 4
Doing a primark haul like it’s 2012….MOVE on and STOP overconsuming sweat shop clothes you don’t need FFS

Reactions: 11
YES!! I don’t live in Bristol but followed someone who did, I saw them in her photos and ordered loads! 😅

Must have been about 2011?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.