LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paul Bohill? He was a decent guy.

They killed that programme once they couldn't show peoples faces. Neil Ruddock's wife was excellent value. šŸ¤£
---
James O'Brien has Omid Scobie on Full Disclosure. That's a hard miss.

Never was 'Full Disclosure' a more inappropriate name for a show.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm sure that regular caller from Merthyr Tydfil to Nick Abbot is actually Rob Bryden šŸ˜
He was droning on about Coal delivery lorries, thankfully I nodded off & missed Oldbury....Ranjit.....Borrrinng

Something just popped-up on my Youtube: "Emily Maitliss interviews James O'Brien". Honestly, is this what they do now? They all just 'interview' each other and plug each others books/podcasts etc. etc? It's beyond bleeping pitiful. I can't even begin to imagine the odour of the studio as they inhale each others farts and talk about themselves for 60 minutes. :sick:
The ultimate horror! O'Brien and Dugmore. :eek:

If you're dreading Christmas remember there are always worse things to endure.... putting things in perspective.

The ultimate horror! O'Brien and Dugmore. :eek:
Blimey, I thought Dugmore was in his 50s. That's how he sounded ... Honestly, how is it possible to take against two people just because of how their faces look? :LOL: I'm not proud of myself for saying that ... one shouldn't judge others by appearance, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm sure that regular caller from Merthyr Tydfil to Nick Abbot is actually Rob Bryden šŸ˜
He was droning on about Coal delivery lorries, thankfully I nodded off & missed Oldbury....Ranjit.....Borrrinng
Does that Annie still call in? He had his regular callers did Nick.

Does that Annie still call in? He had his regular callers did Nick.
Annie from Carnforth? I haven't heard her for a long time. She was also really boring.

Dugmore & O'Brien. Is that all they do at LBC these days, spend all their time interviewing and talking to each other? No wonder they have no idea what's really going on outside of their bubble. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Annie from Carnforth? I haven't heard her for a long time. She was also really boring.

Dugmore & O'Brien. Is that all they do at LBC these days, spend all their time interviewing and talking to each other? No wonder they have no idea what's really going on outside of their bubble. :rolleyes:
It can be entertaining, although it helps if you like the presenters. Steve and Iain D. is a wonderfully entertaining and enlightening hour. Funny, sad, revealing....

Reactions: 1
It can be entertaining, although it helps if you like the presenters. Steve and Iain D. is a wonderfully entertaining and enlightening hour. Funny, sad, revealing....
I've never listened to that but heard good things. Is that the one where Steve actually talks about his sexuality? That what makes some of these interesting because of all the things Steve shared and talked about that was never one of them, so for Iain to get him to talk is quite special. Not a big, back slapping smug fest.

I've never listened to that but heard good things. Is that the one where Steve actually talks about his sexuality? That what makes some of these interesting because of all the things Steve shared and talked about that was never one of them, so for Iain to get him to talk is quite special. Not a big, back slapping smug fest.
Iain is very frank; Steve not so much but you're left in no doubt about which side he's batting for. You should find it and listen. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

I've listened to LBC for about 12 years and some on this thread have listened to LBC more or less since it started. It's actually the repetition of topics that makes me turn off.

I don't listen to it anywhere near as much as I used to. The only one I make a point of listening to is Nick Abbot. I catch Ian Payne most days but other than that maybe a bit of Ferrari and O'Brien if he's taking about an interesting subject and not blathering on about Brexit. It's just tedious.
I have only started listening to LBC frequently for the last few months but I get your point. I am starting to get a bit bored with some topics too although I do enjoy the way that James Oā€™Brien dismantles the ā€œgammonsā€. I mostly listen to Oā€™Brien, Shelagh Fogarty and Andrew Marr. Nick Ferrari is a bit right wing for my taste but I often listen to him for an hour or so in the mornings.
Brexit is an issue that will never go away. Before we actually joined the then Common Market it was an issue and now that we have left it will go on being an issue for both those who voted leave and those who want to rejoin because the EU is our immediate neighbour and being part of it or not has such a huge effect on the UK.
I used to listened to whole shows but now, if there is a subject that I am not interested in or bored with, I will just tune in to something else.

I have only started listening to LBC frequently for the last few months but I get your point. I am starting to get a bit bored with some topics too although I do enjoy the way that James Oā€™Brien dismantles the ā€œgammonsā€. I mostly listen to Oā€™Brien, Shelagh Fogarty and Andrew Marr. Nick Ferrari is a bit right wing for my taste but I often listen to him for an hour or so in the mornings.
Brexit is an issue that will never go away. Before we actually joined the then Common Market it was an issue and now that we have left it will go on being an issue for both those who voted leave and those who want to rejoin because the EU is our immediate neighbour and being part of it or not has such a huge effect on the UK.
I used to listened to whole shows but now, if there is a subject that I am not interested in or bored with, I will just tune in to something else.

I find that if I listen to O'Brien, Fogarty usually follows with exactly the same topics, so turn off.

I do sometimes miss the days of James being obsessed with breast feeding. That's a sentence I never thought I'd write šŸ¤£

• Haha
I find that if I listen to O'Brien, Fogarty usually follows with exactly the same topics, so turn off.

I do sometimes miss the days of James being obsessed with breast feeding. That's a sentence I never thought I'd write šŸ¤£
Maybe Shelagh could breast feed him. WHAT AM I SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.