LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been to one of his shows? I wonder what it's like. He must be a good magician.
Steve isn't the magician, he's just the host of the show. He put's the show on with magician friends of his. I'm not sure how he is a member of a the MC. He loves magic and has bought lots of tricks but he's not a magician himself.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Steve isn't the magician, he's just the host of the show. He put's the show on with magician friends of his. I'm not sure how he is a member of a the MC. He loves magic and has bought lots of tricks but he's not a magician himself.
Oh! I thought he knew and performed magic. I thought to be a part of the magic circle the person needed to be sufficient in magic. Is that not the case?

Reactions: 1
It can be entertaining, although it helps if you like the presenters. Steve and Iain D. is a wonderfully entertaining and enlightening hour. Funny, sad, revealing....
2 hours that flew past incredibly quickly. Steve welling up nearly set me off too !
---
Apparently Colin from Windsor isn't keen on people who are passive aggressive.

Irony just ate itself with a double dessert and whipped cream topping

• Heart
Oh! I thought he knew and performed magic. I thought to be a part of the magic circle the person needed to be sufficient in magic. Is that not the case?
I think you have to perform one original trick on stage in front of the people who run the MC to join, something like that. Plus he does seem to work for them as some sort of host or something? They probably gave him an honorary membership. I reckon it's something like that anyway ... funny handshakes all round. :LOL:

2 hours that flew past incredibly quickly. Steve welling up nearly set me off too !
---
Apparently Colin from Windsor isn't keen on people who are passive aggressive.

Irony just ate itself with a double dessert and whipped cream topping
Rumours abound that Andy Castle is actually being held against his will in Colin's boxroom LBC monitoring hub & being forced over & over to say Auchtermuchty correctly.

• Haha
I sincerely hope that if Andrew Castle does not return, the awful Matthew Wright isn't a permanent replacement.

Not very relaxing weekend morning, listening to him shouting people down, not letting them speak, and only caring about his own opinion.

Reactions: 4
I sincerely hope that if Andrew Castle does not return, the awful Matthew Wright isn't a permanent replacement.
'The Wright Stuff' needs to 'Get Stuffed'. Another wonderful product from the tabloid newspaper showbiz/gossip columnist club. :cautious:

Not very relaxing weekend morning, listening to him shouting people down, not letting them speak, and only caring about his own opinion.

Not a lot of difference to much of the existing output then

I'm assuming they're training Vorderman for the role,

Not a lot of difference to much of the existing output then

I'm assuming they're training Vorderman for the role,
I can definitely see Vorderman joining LBC at some stage.

I've just read King Charles is a member of the Magic Circle. Wonder how he wangled that? 🤣 Also Stephen Mulhern was kicked out for revealing a card trick on kids TV.

Steve has knowledge of the tricks and how to do them he just always said he was never any good at performing them.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sounds like his sex life. ;) (and most men tbf).
All the gear and no idea 🤣

I went to a convent school and when I was 15 one of the nuns was giving the lesson on relationships and then went on to talk about the birds and bees. She said 'ask me anything, I've read lots of books' ... bit late seeing as one of the girls in my year was pregnant. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Heard from someone who went to JOB's evening in Manchester that a lot of people walked out well before the end because the venue was so cold.

He's going to be working himself into a pretend frenzy over Johnson's appearance in the Covid enquiry this week. In fact he's probably spent the weekend writing his synthetically outraged tweets (just needs to press send as required)

Bit of a coincidence, I was listening to an old Steve Allen podcast from over ten years ago and in it he was talking of his annoyance at all the various street performers in covent garden. Ian Payne's first subject of conversation this morning is the proposed ban on street performers in covent garden 😂

• Haha
Ian confirmed this morning that he's in over Christmas, presumably in Steve's usual slots. It should be an entertaining listen, without any hard news topics, unless something really headline grabbing has happened, of course.

Ian confirmed this morning that he's in over Christmas, presumably in Steve's usual slots. It should be an entertaining listen, without any hard news topics, unless something really headline grabbing has happened, of course.
Ian's a great choice for Christmas. I hope his Mum's condition doesn't worsen significantly though.

Reactions: 2
O'Brien seemed to think that putting up a picture of Johnson with a journalist casts some shadow over the integrity of that journalism and that editorial policy was somehow skewed

Not quite the gotcha he thinks, took me about 30 seconds to find pictures of Pippa Creaerer, Political editor of the Guardian seen enjoying herself with senior Labour politicians

Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner let loose at the Mirror's legendary Labour conference party - Mirror Online
He's naive if he thinks there's anything suspicious about it. Politicians are like everybody else in mixing with people outside their own political bubble. Perhaps Jobby doesn't. He must have a very dull social life! I remember David Mellor, when he was on Saturday mornings with Ken Livingstone, rushing off to meet Tony Banks when Chelsea was playing at home.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.