LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jobby heaven today - Brexit back in the news. Clicky off! :eek:
I've stopped listening to him now. It's pointless. Even from the point of view of calling him out. It's a waste of time. If I'm honest, I barely listen to any of LBC's output. I suppose I should quit this thread. :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I read there was an election in North Korea where 0.1% went against the party line. Astonishing figure, but still higher than on the LBC thread elsewhere
North Korea is a model of openness, tolerance and diversity of thought when compared with the LBC thread elsewhere....

I've stopped listening to him now. It's pointless. Even from the point of view of calling him out. It's a waste of time. If I'm honest, I barely listen to any of LBC's output. I suppose I should quit this thread. :unsure:

Gave up on Marr this week. His ostentatious use of ' Parthenon Marbles' and saying we 'swiped' them just marked him out as the woke leftist wanker that's always been lurking just beneath the surface.

Reactions: 2
Gave up on Marr this week. His ostentatious use of ' Parthenon Marbles' and saying we 'swiped' them just marked him out as the woke leftist wanker that's always been lurking just beneath the surface.
O'Brien was only referring to them as the Parthenon Marbles too. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would just give them back to Greece. There's some discrepancy about ownership anyway. Were they bought? Stolen? Ultimately they are only lumps of stone. Why on earth fall out with a country over them? The way Rishi behaved was diabolical.

Save it for when we have to argue with Argentina and Spain about The Falklands and Gibraltar.

Reactions: 2
It's very lazy broadcasting from him, "idiot's corner" etc :rolleyes:
When you hear what some of these idiots write, I think he is being kind referring to them as idiots. It’s good to hear this stuff. It’s a reminder that Brexit happened because a great many people who are hard of thinking were duped by practised snake oil salesmen.
I don’t get this thread. If people don’t like LBC, why bother listening to it?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
When you hear what some of these idiots write, I think he is being kind referring to them as idiots. It’s good to hear this stuff. It’s a reminder that Brexit happened because a great many people who are hard of thinking were duped by practised snake oil salesmen.
I've listened to LBC for about 12 years and some on this thread have listened to LBC more or less since it started. It's actually the repetition of topics that makes me turn off.

I don't listen to it anywhere near as much as I used to. The only one I make a point of listening to is Nick Abbot. I catch Ian Payne most days but other than that maybe a bit of Ferrari and O'Brien if he's taking about an interesting subject and not blathering on about Brexit. It's just tedious.

• Heart
LBC isn't a single thing. There's presenters you like and presenters you don't. Unlike some people we don't spend our lives listening to those we profess to hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Steve does enjoy other folk's misery. He loves shows about people having their cars repossessed or bailiffs turning up and chucking people out of their home.
He loved 'Can't Pay ?We'll Take It Away.' He even had Stuart McCracken texting in occasionally.

Steve would definitely have been sitting around the guillotine with his knitting 🤣

• Haha
He loved 'Can't Pay ?We'll Take It Away.' He even had Stuart McCracken texting in occasionally.
I used to watch this on tea break at work, he's the gormless Geordie one right? A right thick unpleasant bleep. I didn't mind the South African guy ... he had a quiet menace, but was pretty fair. Then there was the old one, who loved a good sob story and liked to help single mums with 'kiddies' ... mind you, he still turfed them all out onto the street.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I used to watch this on tea break at work, he's the gormless Geordie one right? A right thick unpleasant bleep. I didn't mind the South African guy ... he had a quiet menace, but was pretty fair. Then there was the old one, who loved a good sob story and liked to help single mums with 'kiddies' ... mind you, he still turfed them all out onto the street.
Paul Bohill? He was a decent guy.

They killed that programme once they couldn't show peoples faces. Neil Ruddock's wife was excellent value. 🤣
---
James O'Brien has Omid Scobie on Full Disclosure. That's a hard miss.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Paul Bohill? He was a decent guy.

They killed that programme once they couldn't show peoples faces. Neil Ruddock's wife was excellent value. 🤣
---
James O'Brien has Omid Scobie on Full Disclosure. That's a hard miss.
it'll be a contest to see who can drop the most plugs for their book in the conversation.

• Sick
it'll be a contest to see who can drop the most plugs for their book in the conversation.
Something just popped-up on my Youtube: "Emily Maitliss interviews James O'Brien". Honestly, is this what they do now? They all just 'interview' each other and plug each others books/podcasts etc. etc? It's beyond bleeping pitiful. I can't even begin to imagine the odour of the studio as they inhale each others farts and talk about themselves for 60 minutes. :sick:

• Angry
Which begs the question if you don’t like this thread why are you reading it and contributing to it?

Something just popped-up on my Youtube: "Emily Maitliss interviews James O'Brien". Honestly, is this what they do now? They all just 'interview' each other and plug each others books/podcasts etc. etc? It's beyond bleeping pitiful. I can't even begin to imagine the odour of the studio as they inhale each others farts and talk about themselves for 60 minutes. :sick:
It's just one massive love in these days.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.