LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reminiscing about getting selected for the 2nd XI team at public school, the last one to be picked, edging out a lad who's dad owned & drove the minibus.
---
"The wazzock alarm"
It looks as though he majored on this issue.

I think James probably means the 5th XI at Ampleforth. If he had really made the 2nd XI we would never have heard the end of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It has been a rough day for James who is a fervent supporter of Carole Cadwalladr. I wonder if he contributed?

An intersectional venn diagram
Farridge
Liberty of motion
I'm a Celebrity - Farridge
Paul Dacre
Brexit
Honest Bob Jenrick

Zzzzzzzzz

An intersectional venn diagram
Farridge
Liberty of motion
I'm a Celebrity - Farridge
Paul Dacre
Brexit
Honest Bob Jenrick

Zzzzzzzzz
T haven't watched IMAC for years but I've been dipping in and out this series because I was curious about how Farage would fit in. He appears to be the only normal, articulate person in there. Last night the large lady of colour threw the race card at him but, judging by comment on social media, he was only trying to make a reasonable point. Did Jobby mention it?

Reactions: 2
T haven't watched IMAC for years but I've been dipping in and out this series because I was curious about how Farage would fit in. He appears to be the only normal, articulate person in there. Last night the large lady of colour threw the race card at him but, judging by comment on social media, he was only trying to make a reasonable point. Did Jobby mention it?
No, he only mentioned about Farridge being on tv, old bigot etc lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Very hard for him to do a phone- in show in these circumstances. Poor ian.
I remember Steve Allen doing the same when his mother was ill and went in to a hospice back in the early nineties. He seemed to need to share all the details with his audience. Went to visit her every few days if he could, often with brother.

No, he only mentioned about Farridge being on tv, old bigot etc lol.
The problem for James is that Farridge goes from success to success

He changed national policy via Brexit
He changed banking with his revelations there and got the Chief of Nat West bank fired.
He has trousered £1.5 million from being on MAC

Even worse for James his accusations of racism have backfired as it is others who are behaving in a racist fashion.

Meanwhile James has called some people names on the radio......and written a pamphlet where he calls people names.

Reactions: 4
I remember Steve Allen doing the same when his mother was ill and went in to a hospice back in the early nineties. He seemed to need to share all the details with his audience. Went to visit her every few days if he could, often with brother.
Iain is a great sharer too. He's thanked the listeners many times for their support and kind words.

Reactions: 3
The problem for James is that Farridge goes from success to success

He changed national policy via Brexit
He changed banking with his revelations there and got the Chief of Nat West bank fired.
He has trousered £1.5 million from being on MAC

Even worse for James his accusations of racism have backfired as it is others who are behaving in a racist fashion.

Meanwhile James has called some people names on the radio......and written a pamphlet where he calls people names.
Colin from Windsor, Head of the Berks/Bucks LBC Monitoring Station & Nick Ferrari Steering Committee has also been having a bad time, what with seeing Farridge nightly on ITV, the state of the SNP & of course Colin's football team being put to the sword (yet again) in European football competition, has left Colin discombobulated.
Hail Hail

• Haha
I read there was an election in North Korea where 0.1% went against the party line. Astonishing figure, but still higher than on the LBC thread elsewhere

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ian's mum still with us but not for long from the sound of it. He had listeners calling in with advice about hospices and end of life care.

• Sad
Henry Kissinger dies at 100, he was still advising US govt. until quite recently, bit of a divisive figure though, bombing Cambodia etc but he must have had an incredible life being involved with every US administration since Nixon.

Ian's mum still with us but not for long from the sound of it. He had listeners calling in with advice about hospices and end of life care.
Glad to hear that his brother is with him at what must be a really horrible time. I hope he is getting some really useful advice from listeners who have experience of how to negotiate the system and get the best care possible. At least he won't have to make any deisions unsupported.

Henry Kissinger dies at 100, he was still advising US govt. until quite recently, bit of a divisive figure though, bombing Cambodia etc but he must have had an incredible life being involved with every US administration since Nixon.
A bit of a divisive figure? That's an understatement. I'm in the camp of 'vile war criminal' if you're wondering. (Which you're not) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Glad to hear that his brother is with him at what must be a really horrible time. I hope he is getting some really useful advice from listeners who have experience of how to negotiate the system and get the best care possible. At least he won't have to make any deisions unsupported.
I think he has another brother plus a sister, and three children, all of whom seem to be medics of some sort, as was his dad. Ian must be a bit of a novelty in the family. Little nugget from WIKI: Before embarking on his broadcasting career, he worked as a teacher, a dustman and a hospital laundry assistant.[ While travelling through New Zealand, he was briefly employed by a farmer to bury goats.🐐

• Haha
I think he has another brother plus a sister, and three children, all of whom seem to be medics of some sort, as was his dad. Ian must be a bit of a novelty in the family. Little nugget from WIKI: Before embarking on his broadcasting career, he worked as a teacher, a dustman and a hospital laundry assistant.[ While travelling through New Zealand, he was briefly employed by a farmer to bury goats.🐐
He said this morning that his brother had flown over from New Zealand and had driven in to LBC with him at 2am. Sounds bleak and he comes over as such a nice and genuine chap.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.