Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
"James O'Brien graciously invites his loyal listeners to share in his Christmas morning around the family hearth...

Festive treats include a 12 Days of Brexit phone-in and a chance to win a giant gammon along with a signed copy of James' latest oeuvre which has received scintillating reviews from the Kidderminster Herald, Gary Lineker and Russell Brand.

Put aside your Tesco Value Christmas Dinner and join James as he cracks open the champagne and caviar...Celebrate in style even if you're down to your last penny.... James won't care because It's Christmas!"

• Haha
Reactions: 10

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'd wager that 99% of the UK population don't even know who Sangita Myska or Marina Purkiss are.
They definitely won't be influencing a UK General Election.
Ferrari/O'Brien (1m+ each per week) are listened to by roughly 1/70th of the Country's population.
These broadcasters are really only important in the little bubbles which exist, on various forums & social media outlets.
Where contributors fight others with differing views to the death on a daily basis, then retire to their baw-baws exhausted, safe in the knowledge that they got their point across.
👏👏👏👏

It is funny that those screaming on Twitter believe they are speaking to the country. That is why they are so surprised when things like Brexit happen or Corbyn wasn't elected because they can't get past their bubble.

I look at my group of friends and family and I can honestly say I am the only one who uses Twitter and forums on any sort of regular basis. Most of them listen to music radio stations and a catch a bit of news at the top of the hour bulletins or off the TV on BBC or ITV.

I think they may have heard of Nick Ferrari and James O'Brien but anyone else? Nope. Steve Allen had more reach than any of them 🤣

Reactions: 8

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I'm not condoning the anti-peace march mob but a bit of balance is needed.
I'm not condoning the right-wing thugs either, but if there was a serious world war some of those blokes would be used as cannon-fodder as the likes of O'Brien hid at University studying ancient Scottish poetry.

Yel

Chatty Member
"Please tell me you do always give 25p to charity when buying petrol?!?!" - Ian Payne

Nah he can get lost with that. Silly to think you should always say yes to every time a corporation asks you for money for charity. No idea where it's actually going and if it'll be used well. I'll always say no and feel zero guilt.

South park covered it well

• Haha
  • Wow

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Boris would surely have been photographed, in downtown Tel Aviv by now, eating Figs & sooking on a hubbly bubbly pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
Strange how LBC presenters are so eager to discuss and condemn a couple of hundred right wing protesters but are ignoring the 300,000 'peace' marchers. No mention of banners calling the PM and HS coconuts, nothing about war memorials draped in the Palestinian flag, the wearing of Hamas style headbands, the inflammatory chants, masked faces or firework missiles aimed at police. Have they arrested the woman screaming, on camera, 'death to all Jews? And what about this charmer?
1699781536206.jpeg

I'm not condoning the anti-peace march mob but a bit of balance is needed.

• Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
I think one of the worst traits O'Brien exhibits is bullying. Specifically, callers who clearly haven't been afforded the level of education he has. It's not enough that he has a professional mic setup, a producer, prior knowledge of the question, 20 years of broadcast experience and a dump button. He was, as he likes to remind everyone, school debating champion (well done James, have a chocolate medal). Beating-up on people who struggle to articulate their viewpoint on national radio is beyond a fucking pitiful way to get your jollies.

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I don't know how Jobby manages to remain in Britain. Whatever the topic, there are other countries where it's done better, faster and/or cheaper. Go now, Jobby. The world awaits your wisdom and sunny good nature.

• Haha
  • Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Steve Allen is still broadcasting from LBC in the early hours. His presence lives on through Ian Payne.

1) Nickname for the producers ✔
2) Bring in cake from Pret for The Boy Band ✔
3) Mention Hinge & Bracket ✔
4) Make offensive remark about being blonde ✔

I'm starting to like Ian Payne. I think he's got the balance right. Bit of lighthearted stuff at the beginning then gradually getting more serious till NF.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don't really know the ins-and-outs of all this, but a few weeks back the GB News thread did get a bit odd with some seemingly deliberate comments designed to goad and provoke from a couple of users (I had my suspicious it was the same person using two accounts). Some people are WEIRD.
The DS lot we are referring to are a weird bunch. It's like they scour the forums looking for trouble. I never understand it myself.

I learned something today I didn't need to know ... Ian Payne lost his virginity in Staines. I thought Steve Allen was an over sharer 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Not going to go anywhere near the Israel/Gaza situation is she ?
Really?! You'd have thought she would have had some opinions! Certainly, I'd like to hear what they are given she presumably wants to be front and centre of the next ruling party.

Still, when James Cleverley was asked about Israeli/Palestine by Victoria Derbyshire he said: "He wasn't an Lawyer"" and didn't give an opinion. Then, when David Lammy was asked about it, despite actually BEING a lawyer, he said: "He wasn't an INTERNATIONAL lawyer". It's all fucking pointless asking these people anything of substance or expecting any honest opinion. I kinda miss Johnson's bare-faced lying, at least there was something honest about it. 🤡

• Haha

Maggie Moggy

VIP Member
I managed ten minutes of Jobby wittering on about the evils of trying to restrict immigration. He should ask the Irish how they feel about having hundreds of homeless strangers dumped in their communities.

neroli

VIP Member
Such a shame that choosing to wear a poppy..or not...is now such a sensitive issue. Our war heroes would have hated to live in today's selfish opinionated society.

• Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Re the new benefits law and lbc discussion. It's such a small amount of money they're trying to claw back and will do more harm than good with people in genuine need having their money stopped and unable to work.
I've heard the discussions on HS2 and the massive wastes of money buying properties for clearance for 4 times their worth, employing workers who were allowed to WFH days at a time, diversity initiatives given priority over the productivity. I heard stories from callers who worked on it saying these things.
Can the state do any more to kill off the population? I bet they're thinking it will solve the NHS waiting list crisis, they'll die, problem solved :cautious:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think Ian Payne should call the first hour of his show 'the Steve Allen Show'. He's even taken to slurping his tea and saying he does it to annoy the listeners.

Having listened to Ian a bit recently, I fully understand why Steve didn't take callers. They're all mad at 4am in the morning.

• Haha
  • Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
I see the clique from DS LBC who migrated to the GB News thread have now taken up residence on the I'm a Celebrity thread, usually a quite light and happy section to discuss the programme. We've had one comparing Farage going in to the 1936 Berlin Olympics. They've just ruined it for the regulars there as they parade their untrammelled hate for Farage
Why don't they stay over there? They must have banned so many people there's no one argue with :(
Those kind of people hate that other people have different opinions, they just can't process that fact.
Say whatever you want over on any thread and pop those weirdos on ignore. You have to do that or they'll just stay here and spread their misery until everyone's gone. They will never accept Nigel farage is an easy going chap and has many high profile friends who all say he's a nice person, even when they see it with their own eyes because hatred gives them a buzz.

• Haha