LBC Chit Chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the mammaries.....I really can't stand the show so obviously her glorious participation passed me by...
---
OK, so I'm old and as we get older we turn into our parents when it comes to popular music: humphing and grumbling that it was so much better when we were young but... I just don't get Taylor Swift. 😕
[/QUOTE

i don't either but I suppose she's the embodiment of a wholesome American girl..who has excellent contacts and a carefully crafted PR profile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Yel

"Please tell me you do always give 25p to charity when buying petrol?!?!" - Ian Payne

Nah he can get lost with that. Silly to think you should always say yes to every time a corporation asks you for money for charity. No idea where it's actually going and if it'll be used well. I'll always say no and feel zero guilt.

South park covered it well

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Thanks for the mammaries.....I really can't stand the show so obviously her glorious participation passed me by...
---
Can't imagine she added much, unless endlessly wittering on about boybands or celebrity gossip is your thing. Speaking of non-entities, I just read GB News offered Vorderman a slot ... she declined. I have no idea if that's true or just her burnishing her liberal, progressive credentials for Jobby et al.
---
"Please tell me you do always give 25p to charity when buying petrol?!?!" - Ian Payne
They actually do that? That's bleeping outrageous. lol.

---
Ali Miraj doing 7-10am this weekend, presuming the LBC schedulers don't change their mind. No Matthew Wright, so here's a little treat from his stint in the jungle. in case you miss him.

1701937247120.png

• Haha
Ian Payne appears to be morphing into a Steve Allen-a-like character, it's like Reggie Perrin on Radio.

Reactions: 1

Nah he can get lost with that. Silly to think you should always say yes to every time a corporation asks you for money for charity. No idea where it's actually going and if it'll be used well. I'll always say no and feel zero guilt.

South park covered it well
That is so accurate!! The other one is 'would you like to round it up' ... No, I wouldn't 🤪

Yel

They actually do that? That's bleeping outrageous. lol.
Apparently it's a thing when buying petrol to prompt to give 25p to charity. Ian shamed the caller into saying yes he does always do it, although from his tone I'm pretty sure he doesnt.

These billion dollar petroleum companies make enough and they could donate from their own profits if they really wanted to. All very shady, wouldn't be surprised if they benefit from a tax write off from customers donations or something.
---
'would you like to round it up' ... No, I wouldn't 🤪
No I wouldn't. As most people pay by card the rounding it up makes no sense. Could be a fair bit of post tax money that people blindly give to corporations with little accountablity of where it goes and who it's spent by. It's cheeky.

That Tesco christmas ad advert a few years ago someone was shamed for not giving to the sir captain tom thing :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
Apparently it's a thing when buying petrol to prompt to give 25p to charity. Ian shamed the caller into saying yes he does always do it, although from his tone I'm pretty sure he doesnt.

These billion dollar petroleum companies make enough and they could donate from their own profits if they really wanted to. All very shady, wouldn't be surprised if they benefit from a tax write off from customers donations or something.
100% sure that petrol pumps are fixed so that you never get it bang on £10, £30 or whatever ... they always go from .99 to .01 knowing most people will either try and take it up to 10p or 50p. I was always guilty of that. Not any more though. Again, I think it's a hangover from using cash.

I do hope Jobby isn't watching I'm a Celeb. Mr Farridge is looking pretty good and going down a storm on social media!

I do hope Jobby isn't watching I'm a Celeb. Mr Farridge is looking pretty good and going down a storm on social media!
Thing is, with Boris gone, the Tory party soon to be gone and the Brexit topic vitually dead, the potential rise of Farridge could prove useful to O'Beano's brand of broadcasting bullshittery.

Is Farage being backed by the might of GB news viewers too? Jobby always tries to convince himself that they have dreadful viewing figures so that might be tricky for him to manipulate to his advantage?

He's losing all his hate target figures. It'll have to be Rishi next week for the character assassination fix.

Is Farage being backed by the might of GB news viewers too? Jobby always tries to convince himself that they have dreadful viewing figures so that might be tricky for him to manipulate to his advantage?

He's losing all his hate target figures. It'll have to be Rishi next week for the character assassination fix.
I don't think Nigel will win but he's certainly picking up a lot of fans. Enjoyment of his popularity annoying people like Jobby seems to be a prime reason for voting for him. This is fairly typical of the posts on X - I have never voted on any tv show ever, but I’m voting every day for Farage, purely to see those remoaner hissy fits every day he doesn’t get voted out. If he wins, they will explode. lol And he's coming across as being funny and happy to muck in with the chores.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

They're plugging the numbers and ways to vote for him all the time. It's great, a little bit of his enemies die every day he stays.

• Haha
I don't think Nigel will win but he's certainly picking up a lot of fans. Enjoyment of his popularity annoying people like Jobby seems to be a prime reason for voting for him. This is fairly typical of the posts on X - I have never voted on any tv show ever, but I’m voting every day for Farage, purely to see those remoaner hissy fits every day he doesn’t get voted out. If he wins, they will explode. lol And he's coming across as being funny and happy to muck in with the chores.
LOL, can you even imagine being trapped on a desert island with Jobby in the camp? You know, like in real life. Christ ... stuff of nightmares. How on earth could he contribute anything?

If there are any fans of Inside No. 9 here (or those looking for something new to try) ... I'd have to recommend the episode 'The Last Night of the Proms'.

Reece Shearsmith's character in it is so reminiscent of the smugly superior Remainer with angry, ranty traits that one has to wonder whether Shearsmith/Pemberton based him on Jobby.

• Haha
If there are any fans of Inside No. 9 here (or those looking for something new to try) ... I'd have to recommend the episode 'The Last Night of the Proms'.

Reece Shearsmith's character in it is so reminiscent of the smugly superior Remainer with angry, ranty traits that one has to wonder whether Shearsmith/Pemberton based him on Jobby.
I don't think Jobby's a one-off. There's plenty just like him out there. They're surrounded by them at the BBC. :giggle:

You make a good point about Jobby and GB News. According to him their viewing figures have been collapsing so even if the 2 that are left vote for Farage it will not make much difference.

In a way that highlights Jobby's present problem as he has backed so many off the wrong horses such as Carole Cadwalladr and Jack Monroe. According to him Cadwalladr saw a triumph in the courts which is going to be a hard sell to the crowdfunders who have lost all their money.

Remember the UK economy is also supposed to be collapsing according to Jobby and his expert mates whereas at the moment it is the Euro area which is in trouble.

Awkward when you have written a book on how to be right....

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All the listeners are calling in with their “hilarious” Christmas horror stories and they are so gross I almost passed out just now!! Yuck.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.