LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So James is so concerned about the effect of climate change on Greece he flew himself and his family there and back! Do I have that right?
I turned on to hear him talking about traffic calming zones and ULEZ, I thought such low-brow topics were for client journalists and GB-beebies? All that sun must have turned his brain.

Reactions: 1
New to the thread, hi 👋. Do LBC still upload those clickbaity vids to YouTube “James takes down Brexit voter” “James destroys anti immigration protester” etc etc? I had to block the LBC feed because of this. I can’t stand listening to him and I don’t want to see his sweaty, mean face in my feed. Apart from that I don’t understand why LBC does this. Callers are their bread and butter so rejoicing in them being “destroyed” by that wanker seems a bit mean. They would never upload any videos where JOB gets taken down by a caller, I doubt his fragile ego could bear it.
I don’t mind Talk doing similar because Julia HB is invariably “destroying “ some idiot official representative of an organisation or a politician so fair game etc.

The only one I listen to nowadays is Nicky FerrarI. The rest of it has gone right down.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
New to the thread, hi 👋. Do LBC still upload those clickbaity vids to YouTube “James takes down Brexit voter” “James destroys anti immigration protester” etc etc? I had to block the LBC feed because of this. I can’t stand listening to him and I don’t want to see his sweaty, mean face in my feed. Apart from that I don’t understand why LBC does this. Callers are their bread and butter so rejoicing in them being “destroyed” by that wanker seems a bit mean. They would never upload any videos where JOB gets taken down by a caller, I doubt his fragile ego could bear it.
I don’t mind Talk doing similar because Julia HB is invariably “destroying “ some idiot official representative of an organisation or a politician so fair game etc.

The only one I listen to nowadays is Nicky FerrarI. The rest of it has gone right down.

Hi 👋

They seem to have stopped that nonsense. They still post clips of the presenters but without the 'James destroys a caller' stuff. It's more along the lines of this...

They've either had a change in their social media department or someone had a word.

It really used to annoy me too because I also thought it was very disrespectful to callers. Without callers they would have no station.

Reactions: 2
I always think of Fogarty smoking a cigar at dinner parties with Moira Stewart, Clare Balding and Alice Arnold slagging off all the men at every media outlet they’ve ever worked at.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I always think of Fogarty smoking a cigar at dinner parties with Moira Stewart, Clare Balding and Alice Arnold slagging off all the men at every media outlet they’ve ever worked at.
Say what you want about Shelagh, her performance in Total Recall was pretty good... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It 's odd how those on the left, who voted to remain, are unable to refer to those who don't agree with them without bad-mouthing them. Jobby was at it again this morning, ranting on about the thickos and idiots who voted for Brexit. Politicians of all parties are happy to be interviewed by Iain, Nick F, Tom et al because they know they'll be treated with respect. Mayor Khan is Jobby's only regular guest.

Reactions: 3
It 's odd how those on the left, who voted to remain, are unable to refer to those who don't agree with them without bad-mouthing them. Jobby was at it again this morning, ranting on about the thickos and idiots who voted for Brexit. Politicians of all parties are happy to be interviewed by Iain, Nick F, Tom et al because they know they'll be treated with respect. Mayor Khan is Jobby's only regular guest.

Brexit utterly consumes some people's lives. Sky News papers has someone called Christina Paterson on and she shoehorns in a brexit reference to virtually every story they cover. I'll bet the mental toll they let it inflict on them far outweighs any downside it otherwise may have caused.

Mind you, it's still funny watching the nutters on the dark side obsessing about it, though they've now adopted GB News and Dan Wootton to vent the huge amount of hate they clearly possess

Reactions: 4
It’s interesting how James has never progressed. The embarrassing failed attempts at a chat show, the even more embarrassing failed attempts at hosting Newsnight. He is not likeable on TV and that’s been proven for sure. As for radio, he’s an average sized fish in a small pond, the small pond being LBC which despite its aspirations is London centric.
if James is so good, why is he still at this niche radio station 20 years after starting?

• Heart
Jobby still doesn't a understand why Trump got elected in the US, that's how out of touch he is with who I would characterize as blue-collar, working-class people, many of whom voted Trump --not because they wanted to, but because they felt no other voice represented them. It wasn't really a victory for Trump it was more a massive failure of the coastal, educated, liberal elites sitting in their ivory towers smelling each others farts and reviewing each others books.

When you compare O'Brien with Iain Dale, Nick Ferrari and Ali Miraj it's like comparing adults to a child. In many ways James O'Brien is the broadcasting equivalent of an incel.*

*The term "involuntary celibate" (shortened to "incel") refers to self-identifying members of an online subculture based around the inability to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as "inceldom" or "incelibacy".

• Haha
  • Heart

Quite a few of my friends and family voted to leave. Some regret it, some would still vote the same way. I do not regard any of these people as thick, racist or nasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Welcome

Just to add to Fenella's reply there may have been a surprising request for a change.

After all James made rather a fool of himself in some of those. After all Airbus are supposed to be long gone from the UK rather than booming.

Neither can I but that's probably a good thing :) ..at least for our mental health!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.