LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We could have a 'most heard' compilation: His mum getting drunk at Christmas; The Irish version of the 12 Days of Christmas; The plot of Went the Day Well?; Shoplifters in M&S; terrible holiday in 'Lanzagrotty'. The list goes back years. 😄
Don't forget the stupid story about the cat and the pill.

He tweeted today he was on the same train as Gary Lineker.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t know what was so objectionable about what she said. You can dislike Farage (as I do, intensely) and still think it was wrong of Coutts to do what they did. It’s not really a party political issue.
I still don't know what she said. It's ok, in truth I've no interest in her opinion on anything.

Reactions: 1
Emily Maitlis of The News Agents is crashing and burning on social media today.

A clear case of Farage Derangement Syndrome.....
She's a Jobby fan. Her review of How To Be Right: " I know of few broadcasters as consistently. forensically brilliant as James O'Brien. Here he shows us, with empathy, edge and exquisite comedy, how it happens. " 🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 1
I still don't know what she said. It's ok, in truth I've no interest in her opinion on anything.
She didn’t really say anything. All I could see in her Twitter (sorry, X) feed was her interviewing Lewis Goodall who made the point that the Tories seem to be scared of Farage. Nothing particularly controversial.

She's a Jobby fan. Her review of How To Be Right: " I know of few broadcasters as consistently. forensically brilliant as James O'Brien. Here he shows us, with empathy, edge and exquisite comedy, how it happens. " 🤢
That's called 'log rolling' in publishing. You scratch my back, i'll scratch yours. I'd be amazed if she's read it. If you look at The Times 'summer reading list' for example, pretty much every book is published by a company owned by News UK, who own The Times. All of these ego maniacs hate each other apart from when they are schmoozing and air-kissing each other at self-indulgent soirees. :rolleyes: Jobby and Maitliss should be thankful Farage exists, because if he didn't they'd have less faux outrage to excrete.

• Haha
You may enjoy this too

Thanks for that. But why would it be frustrating for them? I'd imagine they be happy to see the back of her. Honestly, there are regular posters on this board who I consider more credible sources of information and certainly more entertaining than Maitliss and some of her contemporaries thieving a living in the meeja today.

Maitliss, like Jobby and like Farridge, are ultimately massive self-publicists. I suppose you could even argue that Farage is slightly less morally bankrupt insofar as he doesn't pretend to be a 'journalist' and some sort of guardian of truth.

Maitlis survives thank.s to her Prince Andrew debacle of an interview..She can dine out on that for years.

Thanks for that. But why would it be frustrating for them? I'd imagine they be happy to see the back of her. Honestly, there are regular posters on this board who I consider more credible sources of information and certainly more entertaining than Maitliss and some of her contemporaries thieving a living in the meeja today.

Maitliss, like Jobby and like Farridge, are ultimately massive self-publicists. I suppose you could even argue that Farage is slightly less morally bankrupt insofar as he doesn't pretend to be a 'journalist' and some sort of guardian of truth.
Farage is also different in that he has achieved things. He set out to achieve Brexit and won. More recently he has shown those in charge of Nat West a clean pair of heels.

Maitlis and Jobby have never achieved anything. It must gnaw away at them.

Reactions: 5
Maitlis survives thank.s to her Prince Andrew debacle of an interview..She can dine out on that for years.
In their minds they are part of the intelligensia in reality they are no different from your average Blogger, Youtuber or Tattle poster, albeit with a larger reach --afforded to them because they gained employment at television companies that provided a platform and a somewhat captive audience.

Maitliss, Sopel and Jobby act like jilted lovers regarding the BBC, they seem to harbour a bitterness toward it yet without it they wouldn't have the platform or audience they now enjoy (or not). It's pretty classless and pathetic really. Actually, out of the three O'Brien probably deserves some credit as he's cultivated his own 'base' at LBC ... The 'News Agents' podcast thing seems to just be a well-paid vanity project by a pair of egotists.

You've really got to be thick-skinned and arrogant to survive in the cutthroat world of journalism...You're only as good as your last "exclusive" I presume?

Reactions: 2
You've really got to be thick-skinned and arrogant to survive in the cutthroat world of journalism...
Well, if you're talking about 'celebrity journalists' who really aren't journalists in the true sense of the word, a borderline personality disorder is a big help ... you know, no sense of shame, no ability to empathize. Some kind of psychopathy.

Well, if you're talking about 'celebrity journalists' who really aren't journalists in the true sense of the word, a borderline personality disorder is a big help ... you know, no sense of shame, no ability to empathize. Some kind of psychopathy.
It is another rough day for Maitlis and Sopel

It is another rough day for Maitlis and Sopel
:LOL: Oh dear. I see Adil Ray's name mentioned? What the duck has he been saying? I thought he was some sort of non-entity comedian/breakfast TV host just slightly above Alex Beresford in the pecking order at ITV, both of whom seem to be constantly angry about something.

There has to come a point when the penny drops for Maitliss, Jobby et al that they represent a very small minority of people that isn't at all representative of their relatively large media platform. That goes for people on the Right also (like Mogg) who like to share the wisdom of their knowledge with us, the huddled and desperate masses. :rolleyes: Long live Tattle!

You didn't give him his full title, It's Adil Ray OBE. Does nothing but slag the country off, but his tweet ' Criticism of one’s country is the highest form of patriotism' should guarantee him a tummy tickling with Gobber

You didn't give him his full title, It's Adil Ray OBE. Does nothing but slag the country off, but his tweet ' Criticism of one’s country is the highest form of patriotism' should guarantee him a tummy tickling with Gobber
OBE? That's laughable. Well, as laughable as Kate Garraway and Lorraine Kelly getting a gong.

Wasn't Emily Sheffield on LBC for a while? I didn't realize when she worked at The Evening Standard she laid-off 1/3 of all staff. Well, now she's been 'moved on'. :LOL:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.