LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't Emily Sheffield on LBC for a while? I didn't realize when she worked at The Evening Standard she laid-off 1/3 of all staff. Well, now she's been 'moved on'. :LOL:
She was. Do we know why?

Meanwhile I gather Lammy had a bit of a mare yesterday

• Angry
Reactions: 1
Meanwhile I gather Lammy had a bit of a mare yesterday
For a good Christian man Lammy sure comes across as an arrogant unsympathetic prick. Maybe he's in the wrong party?

Regarding Emily, she's lost her Friday column to the new editors friend ... Tracey Emin. :rolleyes: (I'm reading all this in Private Eye btw).

Reactions: 2
Just a little note to Nick Abbot, Flitwick Council is pronounced Flit -ick not Flit-wick ... the w is silent.

• Haha
Does Claire Foges still do the Saturday 4-7 slot? I don't think Marina Purkiss is still around?

Ali Miraj was on the early shift this morning. No Oli again...Hooray!

Does Claire Foges still do the Saturday 4-7 slot? I don't think Marina Purkiss is still around?

Ali Miraj was on the early shift this morning. No Oli again...Hooray!
Ali is the regular presenter for this weekend slot but he seems to be the weekday go-to for when Iain, Tom et al are away; hence we early birds occasionally wake up to rubbish when Ali has Sat/Sun off.

How's David 'The Laminator' Lammy doing today? I felt sure he'd be at church this morning, tending to his flock. I wish he'd just flock off frankly and focus on being an MP.

This argument that MPs who also work in broadcasting state, namely: 'it allows them to hear views from 'normal' people across the country' is so bleeping disingenuous, if that was the case they should either be doing it for free (with expenses) or at the same hourly rate as they get paid as an MP. Mogg is on about 400quid an hour or something mad at GB News. Are they expecting us to thank them for appearing on TV and Radio? Do they regard it as some sort of service? :rolleyes: Not sure what Lammy gets paid ... I'd rather not know, it would depress me on this fine Sunday morning. Hereth endeth the surmon ...

Last edited:
How's David 'The Laminator' Lammy doing today? I felt sure he'd be at church this morning, tending to his flock. I wish he'd just flock off frankly and focus on being an MP.

This argument that MPs who also work in broadcasting state, namely: 'it allows them to hear views from 'normal' people across the country' is so bleeping disingenuous, if that was the case they should either be doing it for free (with expenses) or at the same hourly rate as they get paid as an MP. Mogg is on about 400quid an hour or something mad at GB News. Are they expecting us to thank them for appearing on TV and Radio? Do they regard it as some sort of service? :rolleyes: Not sure what Lammy gets paid ... I'd rather not know, it would depress me on this fine Sunday morning. Hereth endeth the surmon ...
I'll happily depress you Ndrangheta (all part of the service :)!) to let you know that David Lammy is paid in the region of £900-£1,050 a show as recorded in the Register of Members' Interests for four and a half hours of his time per broadcast, three researching and one and a half presenting. The way it's written I'm asusming the talent agency will have taken its fees before passing the payment over.

David is a very good presenter in my view except when he gets on the party bandwagon as he does occasionally and it can sound more like a party political broadcast than a debate. But on the whole I enjoy his shows and it's a bit of a coup for LBC to have the Shadow Foreign Secretary on its team sheet. That said I'm in two minds generally about having active politicians presenting political and news driven shows on radio or television and will be open to accusations of bias if they have to interview a fellow politician from either side.

1690714139440.png

• Heart
David is a very good presenter in my view except when he gets on the party bandwagon as he does occasionally and it can sound more like a party political broadcast than a debate. But on the whole I enjoy his shows and it's a bit of a coup for LBC to have the Shadow Foreign Secretary on its team sheet.
Thanks for all that info. Assuming Labour get to form the next government surely the good reverend won't still be on the radio ... having the actual Foreign Secretary hosting a phone-in show is pretty demeaning to that high office of state. Or should I be getting with the times? Maybe he should annouce future foreign policy via TikTok. 😬 (Although I think TikTok will probably be banned by then). David Lammy as Foreign Secretary doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence I confess ... but I guess we'll see won't we.

I had hoped that Lammy would be resting today after an exhausting week on LBC but no such luck.

Can't imagine him as Foreign Secretary but he's hardly got great examples to follow

I had hoped that Lammy would be resting today after an exhausting week on LBC but no such luck.

Can't imagine him as Foreign Secretary but he's hardly got great examples to follow
True. Under Corbyn it was Clive Lewis, who couldn't even get basic security clearance with British intelligence due to his affiliations with communist groups. :rolleyes:

Haven't heard a minute's output for what feels like weeks. Tuned in this afternoon and the first thing I heard was Ben Kentish being outraged that couples with a BMI over 30 couldn't get government funding for IVF treatment.

Tuned out.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thanks for all that info. Assuming Labour get to form the next government surely the good reverend won't still be on the radio ... having the actual Foreign Secretary hosting a phone-in show is pretty demeaning to that high office of state. Or should I be getting with the times? Maybe he should annouce future foreign policy via TikTok. 😬 (Although I think TikTok will probably be banned by then). David Lammy as Foreign Secretary doesn't exactly fill me with much confidence I confess ... but I guess we'll see won't we.
At least he always looks smart and won't disgrace us on the international stage, unlike some.

1690752634880.jpeg

Haven't heard a minute's output for what feels like weeks. Tuned in this afternoon and the first thing I heard was Ben Kentish being outraged that couples with a BMI over 30 couldn't get government funding for IVF treatment.

Tuned out.
The faux anger is pretty irritating, I presume they are told to act that way. Iain Dale alluded to that a few weeks ago when talking about an old producer of his. Andrew 'should have been aircraft cabin crew' Castle is the master of fake anger. Although his outrage can be quite bizarre sometimes, I heard him shout: "I'm RICH! It doesn't even AFFECT me!" regarding ULEZ. Weirdo.

...Nick does make me chuckle: "Next, will drone strikes in Russia lead to nuclear war". Happy monday everyone! :LOL:

Oh blimey...Doesn't bode well for 10am and The Return of Our Hero from Foreign Climes...I hope his carbon footprint is squeaky clean...

Have listened to a bit of Ali Miraj at the weekend but other than that no LBC at all. The faux outrage really annoys me too..along with the bile and vitriol aimed towards anyone who dares to challenge self-entitled behaviours from "The Oppressed".

Thank god the football is starting soon ...Hopefully no strikes there due to low pay....but give them time.
---
W
At least he always looks smart and won't disgrace us on the international stage, unlike some.

View attachment 2345043
What a rum old lot...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh blimey...Doesn't bode well for 10am and The Return of Our Hero from Foreign Climes...I hope his carbon footprint is squeaky clean...
Yeah, gonna give it a swerve, let us know how it goes. I fear self-indulgent drivel for the first 25 mins.

Poor Jobby; two weeks of sitting on a hot beach, writhing with frustration at the news from home - Farridge's battle with the banks and the Tories losing two out out of three bi-elections. He's desperately trying to link at least one of these to the current hot topic - LTNs!
He's mentioned The Book! 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.