LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crazy old caller on earlier "mental health was never a problem in kids when I were young"

That's because they got hidden/locked away in institutions you clown.
I thought she was great. Sounded like my dear departed Gran calling in from 'the other side'. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Haha I just had a little vision of James & Harry teaming up like Robson & Jerome and singing "I was always on MY mind" . 🤓

Reactions: 1
When James is ranting and angry about the Tories I almost believe it ... when he's speaking in soft tones and trying to sound sympathetic and concerned I find it totally disingenuous. Is it just me? Probably. :LOL:

Reactions: 4
When James is ranting and angry about the Tories I almost believe it ... when he's speaking in soft tones and trying to sound sympathetic and concerned I find it totally disingenuous. Is it just me? Probably. :LOL:
No I do too...

I've given James a wide berth this week...Have found the cricket more appealing.

Not just you. I'm sure he doesn't mean it to but it always sounds patronising. So earnest and false.

Ferrari does it too but I'm sure his is meant to sound patronising. It's usually when someone is being ridiculous :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
This is typical James O'Brien dog whistling.

LBC on Twitter: "“It’s not happened in Kim Jong Un’s North Korea. It’s happened in Kent upon the order of a Conservative minister.” @mrjamesob delivers a sobering monologue in response to Robert Jenrick ordering the cover-up of a cartoon mural that he deemed ‘too welcoming.’ https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

Any mention of the immigration based riots in France?

Any mention of the political crisis in the Netherlands over immigration? Since then the government has fallen because of it.

That is the problem with him the absence of any balance. As to the Jenrick issue if he did order it I am not a fan.

This is typical James O'Brien dog whistling.

That is the problem with him the absence of any balance. As to the Jenrick issue if he did order it I am not a fan.
Jenrick is a grade-A c/nt imo (not just for this story, but the dodgy property deal with the Daily Express owner) but this really is quite a small story in the greater scheme of things. At one point James and some of the callers were seemingly trying to suggest Jenrick was just one step away from being a potential SS Officer in charge of an extermination camp. It was bloody ridiculous.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Jenrick is a grade-A c/nt imo (not just for this story, but the dodgy property deal with the Daily Express owner) but this really is quite a small story in the greater scheme of things. At one point James and some of the callers were seemingly trying to suggest Jenrick was just one step away from being a potential SS Officer in charge of an extermination camp. It was bloody ridiculous.
Iain Dale has admitted that the care he received from station staff when he broke his hip has changed his perspective on the rail strikes, re doing away with their jobs. Perhaps Jobby would review his opinion on immigrants if he or his family had an unpleasant encounter with one.

Iain Dale has admitted that the care he received from station staff when he broke his hip has changed his perspective on the rail strikes, re doing away with their jobs. Perhaps Jobby would review his opinion on immigrants if he or his family had an unpleasant encounter with one.
James will never experience a lot of the stuff he champions and has some idealised view of what is going on out there.

I went to Bournemouth out of season. I used to go there quite a lot. This particular time I was walking around the shops and saw two incidents with shoplifters and security guards. Turns out that a lot of the hotels had taken in asylum seekers for the winter and the whole vibe of the town had changed. I haven't been back there since.

Same as I know people who worked in a processing centre in Croydon. They can tell you stories that will make your hair curl. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping people in genuine need and painting over pictures in a children's processing centre is ridiculous but it's a minefield.

It always winds me up when James has a caller on from some deprived, run down town and tells them they are bigots and racists when he has no idea of their lived experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jenrick should have just sent an anonymous tip to Disney Corps. that somebody had painted Mickey Mouse on a public wall. They are fanatically protective of their image and would have threatened to sue if it wasn't removed. ;)

• Haha
Jenrick should have just sent an anonymous tip to Disney Corps. that somebody had painted Mickey Mouse on a public wall. They are fanatically protective of their image and would have threatened to sue if it wasn't removed. ;)
Or ordered the centre to put a huge poster of the cover of James' new book on the wall ... No, you're right, that's TOO cruel. 😬

• Wow
Why does Mr O get you all going he loves his country that’s the starting point and he is serving it every day drawing out the crazy’s for security services and then keeping them on a Watchlist for rest of there sad lives. “There is no point in having a mind unless you’re willing to change it.”

• Haha
Be afraid, be very afraid! LBC have found a Jobby clone. It's called Oli Dugmore and it's sitting in the 4-7am slot right now. The same narrow views and toneless, staccato delivery. Callers who don't agree or aren't too articulate are treated to 'gotcha' questions that tie them into further knots. It hates the Tories and Brexit and supports the SNP (good luck with that). It works for a broadcasting organisation called JOE.co.uk, which employed Jobby a couple of years ago.
Oh no! It's just signed off saying it'll be back next week. I think I'd rather have Marina Purkiss.

Be afraid, be very afraid! LBC have found a Jobby clone. It's called Oli Dugmore and it's sitting in the 4-7am slot right now. The same narrow views and toneless, staccato delivery. Callers who don't agree or aren't too articulate are treated to 'gotcha' questions that tie them into further knots. It hates the Tories and Brexit and supports the SNP (good luck with that). It works for a broadcasting organisation called JOE.co.uk, which employed Jobby a couple of years ago.
Oh no! It's just signed off saying it'll be back next week. I think I'd rather have Marina Purkiss.
I was only half asleep then I heard him for 2 minutes and fell right off again. Droning, monotone, miserable, bore. duck me ... who wants to listen to this downbeat drivel on a Sunday morning?

I was only half asleep then I heard him for 2 minutes and fell right off again. Droning, monotone, miserable, bore. duck me ... who wants to listen to this downbeat drivel on a Sunday morning?
Just looked at his images. Job wannabe.

• Haha
Just looked at his images. Job wannabe.
Looks like a cross between James O'Brien and Owen Jones.
---
Why does Mr O get you all going he loves his country that’s the starting point and he is serving it every day drawing out the crazy’s for security services and then keeping them on a Watchlist for rest of there sad lives. “There is no point in having a mind unless you’re willing to change it.”
*Their sad lives. We see you Mr. O'Brien, we see you. :LOL: (Sorry, don't usually do the pedant stuff, my spelling is pretty atrochus too).

• Haha
I listened to the last hour...Won't bother again. He managed to insult a lady by suggesting that she move to the Falklands so that her house here could be used for a migrant family.

He's a doughnut.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.