LBC Chit Chat #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He must have been hitting the Grey Goose hard to come up with such maudlin twaddle. Twitter users 'vulnerable'.:rolleyes:
The fact he is addicted to Twitter does raise questions in my head about James tbh. If he wasn't a user he'd be the first to label it a vile, hate-filled, cesspit full of conspiracy theory nutters. I don't use Twitter, but I don't think it'd be a good place for people with mental health issues to be. He does strike me as someone who isn't a fully actualized(?) person. It is pretty funny Twitter is falling apart under Musk mind you. I heard 'substack' is quite a good place to use, although I've not looked into myself.

Reactions: 3
Substack sounds like a substantial lunch order from a well known fast food outlet.

I've never used Twitter because I have nothing of note to tweet. I imagine that it's horribly addictive though?

Reactions: 1
He really needs to take a day off. He doesn't seem to know how ridiculous he's become. Less twitter is not a bad thing tbh. You could say the same about 'vulnerable and isolated users' on Facebook, Instagram, Tattle even ...

I use Twitter, to read, very rarely post, but it is a cesspit. James is just upset because he can't troll people 24/7.

(As an aside I saw Musk described as tit Sheldon which mad me laugh)

I've given Jobbie half an hour to demonstrate some rational thoughts on immigration but he is incapable of it. His attitude is the same as it is towards all controversial topics - you're either for it or against it. Which means that if you are unhappy with the government's failure to deal with boatloads of illegal migrants, then you must also hate Polish builders, Nigerian nurses, Asian doctors and all the other perfectly legitimate incomers who help keep the country ticking over. And he either can't or won't recognise that racism goes in all directions. My Polish neighbour quite cheerfully admits to disliking 'Blacks and Asians'.

My Polish neighbour quite cheerfully admits to disliking 'Blacks and Asians'.
Every Eastern European I've ever known has been shockingly racist. Shocking in the sense that it's so ingrained and casual, whereas every white british person I've known expressing racist sentiment is generally a thick prat trying to play billy big bollocks.

I've given Jobbie half an hour to demonstrate some rational thoughts on immigration but he is incapable of it. His attitude is the same as it is towards all controversial topics - you're either for it or against it. Which means that if you are unhappy with the government's failure to deal with boatloads of illegal migrants, then you must also hate Polish builders, Nigerian nurses, Asian doctors and all the other perfectly legitimate incomers who help keep the country ticking over. And he either can't or won't recognise that racism goes in all directions. My Polish neighbour quite cheerfully admits to disliking 'Blacks and Asians'.
All James wants to do is call people names. Also the Farage award has no doubt upset him.

Reactions: 4
All James wants to do is call people names.
I've just read an really interesting piece about people with affected personality disorder. I'll try and write it up when I get time.

I'm with James on one thing ... that Gullis bloke, the Tory MP is truly dreadful.

I've just read an really interesting piece about people with affected personality disorder. I'll try and write it up when I get time.

I'm with James on one thing ... that Gullis bloke, the Tory MP is truly dreadful.
I don't know what's affected Jobbie's personality but he's the opposite of what he was when he joined LBC twenty or so years ago. He was fairly lightweight with a sense of humour. You tuned in to his show for a few laughs. I know the station's agenda has become more serious, and it wouldn't be natural if he didn't take life and its responsibilities more seriously, but there's no trace of his younger self at all. Most of us manage to become adult without turning obsessive and bitter, which is what has happened to him.

Reactions: 4
You're spot on. Everything is so binary with James. He really is quite blinkered. His head would probably explode is he heard a Polish care worker being racist towards a Nigerian nurse or the Nigerian nurse being homophobic to a gay Asian cleaner ....

(Examples only - not my opinions)

I've been listening to him the past couple of days and he's been OK. All a bit predictable. He's definitely lost his mojo since Boris imploded.
I suspect 30p Lee will become his go to Tory to slag off now.
---
He mentioned it yesterday. I have to say I do agree with James on this one. An independent body found she had not done anything wrong. The Cabinet Office probe, which Sue Gray refused to take part in because she was leaving because of Simon Case anyway, found her guilty 🤔

I've been listening to him the past couple of days and he's been OK. All a bit predictable. He's definitely lost his mojo since Boris imploded.
He's a bit conflicted about Lee because Lee was a miner aswell as an ex-Labour councillor. James can't understand how Lee can be a hardcore Tory now ... But as we know, James also constantly goes on about being able to change your mind on things, as he did by voting for Boris as Mayor of London. The positions he takes are so at odds with the things he says.

A chance for him to get his bojo back with the breaking news re the Met re-investigating more Partygate breaches including Sir Bernard Jenkin's wife's birthday bash which he attended..allegedly.

You're spot on. Everything is so binary with James. He really is quite blinkered. His head would probably explode is he heard a Polish care worker being racist towards a Nigerian nurse or the Nigerian nurse being homophobic to a gay Asian cleaner ....

(Examples only - not my opinions)

---

He mentioned it yesterday. I have to say I do agree with James on this one. An independent body found she had not done anything wrong. The Cabinet Office probe, which Sue Gray refused to take part in because she was leaving because of Simon Case anyway, found her guilty 🤔
Fair enough if you think that but we both know that James would approve of anything that supports Sue Gray and would attack anything not in her favour.

Happy birthday NHS ❤🥇 It's been lovely to hear presenters asking for positive calls, and the responses, but I think I've had enough now. Four hours, on and off, of people describing their life-saving medical procedures is my limit. And Jobbie is going to relish this. I bet he's told his producer to line up some weepers, so he can get all mawkish and choked up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Happy birthday NHS ❤🥇 It's been lovely to hear presenters asking for positive calls, and the responses, but I think I've had enough now. Four hours, on and off, of people describing their life-saving medical procedures is my limit. And Jobbie is going to relish this. I bet he's told his producer to line up some weepers, so he can get all mawkish and choked up.
Fear not as there is relief at hand! Although many will consider the cure to be even worse....

James O'Brien on Twitter: "Preorder here: https://tattle.life/threads/19920/ Please help spread the word. I've sweated blood for this one! https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

• Sick
That is a good point. James has restricted his own advertising by blocking so many people on Twitter!
He's going to be plugging this bleeping thing everyday, and his 'tour'. I swear he thinks he's a rock star or something. I wonder what his advance was? Hopefully he'll make so much money from this miserble book he'll have enough to retire and let someone else do the 10-1 slot. I like Ali Miraj myself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.