Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Certainly sounds like she’ll be back as host, but the format might be revamped. Sure fire way to kill the show stone dead in my opinion.

Reactions: 2
She might have the LI job but she still can’t seem to get a mainstream presenting job. That’s a bit embarrassing.

Reactions: 5
Certainly sounds like she’ll be back as host, but the format might be revamped. Sure fire way to kill the show stone dead in my opinion.
It beggars belief. She is not a good fit for the show, so why on earth would they have her front it again? I just don't understand their thinking.

Rylan is an absolutely amazing suggestion. He's so genuine.

She might have the LI job but she still can’t seem to get a mainstream presenting job. That’s a bit embarrassing.
Wouldn't mind seeing her on Babe Station, all naked and oiled up. At least we wouldn't have to hear her speak. That said, I can't understand why none of the Babe Station girls ever get work from the BBC or ITV.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
She won't be fronting it again. They're exploring the public opinion to Maura and others.

Reactions: 1
Laura will be hosting it love island and she knows it. The show will be extended for an extra 2 weeks is gonna be painful

Reactions: 2
Laura will be hosting it love island and she knows it. The show will be extended for an extra 2 weeks is gonna be painful
she was barely in the last one and she was still shocking. I don’t know how happy to go back to a job I’d be where I’m made redundant by a phone 😂

• Haha
Several questions.

Is babe station still a thing? It’s one of those things that seemed to be around in background in early 2000s and Chris moyles talked about a lot but I’ve never actually seen it.

Secondly, how does Eoin feel about Zane Lowe and babe station?

Also- an observation, both Zane and Laura seem to feature on your radar eoin and both have chosen to leave their home countires (both beautiful islands) for better work prospects further afield but only one of them makes you furious (unless she gets ‘oiled up’ -shudder -on babe station. )

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Several questions.

Is babe station still a thing? It’s one of those things that seemed to be around in background in early 2000s and Chris moyles talked about a lot but I’ve never actually seen it.

Also- an observation, both Zane and Laura seem to feature on your radar eoin and both have chosen to leave their home countires (both beautiful islands) for better work prospects further afield but only one of them makes you furious (unless she gets ‘oiled up’ -shudder -on babe station. )
I've Aspergers syndrome.

Zane Lowe - good broadcaster, really into his music, knows what the M in MTV stands for.
Babestation - a TV channel I used to watch (2015-19 or so). I stopped because I didn't want to become addicted to adult entertainment.

The difference is that Zane Lowe is actually good at what he does and Laura is a pain in the arse. He knows he's a VJ and she just thinks she is.

Last edited:
Several questions.

My thoughts exactly!

didn’t know babe station still existed !

Reactions: 1
It beggars belief. She is not a good fit for the show, so why on earth would they have her front it again? I just don't understand their thinking.

Rylan is an absolutely amazing suggestion. He's so genuine.
She has a deal with ITV2 for Celeb Juice and Love Island - she can be dropped from either for any number of reasons, but if the broadcaster decide to basically 'terminate' her contract for one or the other or both, her management will say they expect some form of compensation.

With the massive hit in funding caused by COVID and the poor voting figures of I'm a Celeb, the lack of any big advertising deals for The X Factor etc, any unnecessary spend is being hotly contested. It seems the whispers are that the format will be tweaked - so there'll be less of her and maybe another host added in to mix up the interviewing etc. So don't be surprised to see ANOTHER host, as opposed to a REPLACEMENT host. That's what the latest whispers are, anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
She has a deal with ITV2 for Celeb Juice and Love Island - she can be dropped from either for any number of reasons, but if the broadcaster decide to basically 'terminate' her contract for one or the other or both, her management will say they expect some form of compensation.

With the massive hit in funding caused by COVID and the poor voting figures of I'm a Celeb, the lack of any big advertising deals for The X Factor etc, any unnecessary spend is being hotly contested. It seems the whispers are that the format will be tweaked - so there'll be less of her and maybe another host added in to mix up the interviewing etc. So don't be surprised to see ANOTHER host, as opposed to a REPLACEMENT host. That's what the latest whispers are, anyway.
A cohost would be even worse for Laura. It would really show up how bad she is.

Reactions: 10
A cohost would be even worse for Laura. It would really show up how bad she is.
I think this is the perfect plot for ITV, to be fair. They are well aware of how unpopular she is - twitter is the ultimate free focus group for their researchers and producers, they know.

This way they tweak the format, it shows they're constantly evolving, they might just hit a winning formula, and if nothing else, Laura is at the end of her deal with them and they can ditch for nothing, or she feels pushed out and leaves of her own accord, costs them nothing.

Reactions: 7
shes the type of person that LI producers would find hard to get rid of. shes very manipulative and i think the producers would find her very intimidating to have that conversation with. she just needs someone who is more of a narcissist than herself to do it and then it would be all out war beacuse i feel like laura is a vengeful person if shes seemingly (in her own mind )wronged. thats the vibe im picking up anyway.

Reactions: 7
Rylan would be good at both presenting the main show and the voiceover so 2for1 there. I doubt he would do it though as think he is aiming for prime time these days

Mo Gilligan is a great shout for taking over from Iain. What would Iain do if he is dropped? His other ventures have not been that successful

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.