Laura Whitmore #4 Get yer one off the telly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grinds my gears when she’s giving out about getting papped on her way in to work when most of the time she calls them on herself

• Angry
Reactions: 3
so when do you think we will get a clue of whether or not Laura has been let go as host of Love Island

my guess is it,ll be in the period called pre-production

where they iron out the final details before shooting starts on a movie or TV series

as someone else said earlier one important question that'll come up in production meetings will be whether Laura is a diverse enough host

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I bet a lot depends on how badly they want Ian back too. Would he go back if she was dropped? Would she let him?

Reactions: 1
I think they want him very very badly - he's the lynchpin of the programme, without him its nothing. He won't accept her being dropped - I reckon she gets to keep the gig !! unless they offer her something more lucrative of course !

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Would he not? I mean what else has he got going on, nothing that would give him the profile or pay that he’d get from LI. They could always go for the “mixing up the show” card and choose a male / POC host, it’d be a bit political but not as risky as using Laura for another year and losing even more ratings and credibility coz she’s shite, unrelatable and alienates the LI audience.

Reactions: 8
Would he not? I mean what else has he got going on, nothing that would give him the profile or pay that he’d get from LI. They could always go for the “mixing up the show” card and choose a male / POC host, it’d be a bit political but not as risky as using Laura for another year and losing even more ratings and credibility coz she’s shite, unrelatable and alienates the LI audience.
It’ll be so boring if they keep Laura and Iain, last series felt pretty stale and not sure I could watch another if they keep it the same. It needs a shake up but I can’t see them getting rid of Iain. Rob Beckett should do the voice over, he’s hilarious on Celebs Go Dating. They really need to replace Laura though, she’s more wooden than my garden fence 🙈

Reactions: 12
Agree it needs a shake up. I used to think Iain was funny, but given how many in Love Island have suffered bad mental health and died of suicide, I find his jokes hard to take. He's a bully wrapped up in humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Iain was terrible last year. Completely lost his spark. I think his drab commentary was partly responsible for the failure of the whole thing. He used to be so good at finding a funny angle to things, and viewers latched onto it, but it just wasn't there.
I think it just doesn't work having married people tbh. Seems harsh I know - but that is what made Caroline so good and relatable.
Laura definitely should not do it again. And if Iain resigns under coersion in sympathy it is no great loss imo.

Reactions: 16
What about Tom Allen for the voiceover?
I’d rather burst my eardrums with knitting needles. He seems like a very nice man but minus Jimmy Carr, he’s the least funny comedian in the U.K. right now. I think Rob Beckett would be good at it, and Rylan present.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’d rather burst my eardrums with knitting needles. He seems like a very nice man but minus Jimmy Carr, he’s the least funny comedian in the U.K. right now. I think Rob Beckett would be good at it, and Rylan present.
I think Rylan with his recent heartache would be good and relatable.
Can't think off the top of my head of an Iain replacement. I'm not 100% sold on Rob Beckett.

Reactions: 9
What was it Caroline’s mother referred to her as .was it “ that girl “
She said: 'I watched Love Island because Carrie was in it. Now, it's horrible when the advert comes up and the girl that's taken her place is all in almost the same dress, in almost the same pose.'
She continued: 'I think ITV2 could have done it a little differently. They could have done it out of respect. It's all very well putting these films on saying, 'Oh, we love Carrie blah blah blah. But you know, just have a little bit of respect.'
Meanwhile, she hit out at the show's 'hypocritical' bosses for not standing by Caroline following her row with Lewis, despite them promoting rows between the couples on the show.
She explained: 'It's making them fight and argue, and they set them up for that. And yet they sacked Carrie straight away [after her row with Lewis]. I haven't watched Love Island since she died. Carrie loved that show, she loved the crew, she loved the contestants.'

She said: 'I watched Love Island because Carrie was in it. Now, it's horrible when the advert comes up and the girl that's taken her place is all in almost the same dress, in almost the same pose.'
She continued: 'I think ITV2 could have done it a little differently. They could have done it out of respect. It's all very well putting these films on saying, 'Oh, we love Carrie blah blah blah. But you know, just have a little bit of respect.'
Meanwhile, she hit out at the show's 'hypocritical' bosses for not standing by Caroline following her row with Lewis, despite them promoting rows between the couples on the show.
She explained: 'It's making them fight and argue, and they set them up for that. And yet they sacked Carrie straight away [after her row with Lewis]. I haven't watched Love Island since she died. Carrie loved that show, she loved the crew, she loved the contestants.'
The lack of respect for Caroline by Laura, dancing on the bed and hopping around after Caroline got sacked is what did it for me … acting as if she got the show naturally, she was only a temporary placeholder at the time as she was convenient and fit the bill, all while her “close friend” who’s mother doesn’t even know your name was in agony, then the lack of respect for her after Caroline died, attending the Brits day later and dancing around again … I’m sorry but I think she would have gained more respect by the public and in turn would have “climbed the ladder of her career” more by faking to appear more compassionate and by missing out on the party, she instead showed her true colours of being a cold fake narcissistic b***h

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

The lack of respect for Caroline by Laura, dancing on the bed and hopping around after Caroline got sacked is what did it for me … acting as if she got the show naturally, she was only a temporary placeholder at the time as she was convenient and fit the bill, all while her “close friend” who’s mother doesn’t even know your name was in agony, then the lack of respect for her after Caroline died, attending the Brits day later and dancing around again … I’m sorry but I think she would have gained more respect by the public and in turn would have “climbed the ladder of her career” more by faking to appear more compassionate and by missing out on the party, she instead showed her true colours of being a cold fake narcissistic b***h
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼Mic drop !!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.