Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s not enough to be not racist especially people in positions of power. We have to be actively anti-racist. So it’s a shame on everybody in the Love Island team with a seat at the table who did not speak up to say ‘why aren’t we interviewing the 4th place couple on the sofa as we have done in previous years? What is to be lost if, for example, we do a shorter interview with Liberty from her seat instead?’ For optics if nothing else. That’s definitely not on Laura’s shoulders alone but she is the host so it’s going to come her way.

And no we don’t know how it all went down in planning but I think if the sofa had been declined by K&T, Laura would have been super quick to say that. I hope ITV address it properly for everyone including Laura’s benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
We really need Paloma Faith to leave one of her superb could-potentially-be-passive-aggressive-but-possibly-not-but-we-like-to-think-it-is comments under the post right about now

• Haha

Swx

Chatty Member
I’m confused, so the article is an interview and they’re just printing exactly what she’s said as she’s said it? 🤔 okay 😂😂😂 yeah I don’t even have kids but I’m assuming plenty people felt triggered with your post about how amazing you are how easily you’ve taken to breastfeeding and how fantastic your tits look 🤣 moron, if she was chocolate she’d eat herself. Either don’t mention or post about your baby at all or speak about her and expect people to ask? And also, I think I speak for everyone when I say, no one actually cares one way or the other about the baby 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Elle_Gee

What was the dancing on the bed? I missed that
When she replaced Caroline and flew out to South Africa she was uploading videos of herself dancing on the bed with happiness over the new hosting job,also what I thought was worse were the weekly comparison of ratings between her and the previous year (when Caroline was still hosting) she was saying how many more viewers aftersun was getting than before. All very boasty and totally insensitive to Caroline.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Eureka

VIP Member
Why does she have to shoehorn the Irish passport into everything. She's so patriotic she fucked off to England first chance she got.

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
There she goes again putting the baby in a photo. Now as a mum that's up to her but don't show us your child and then get in a strop because someone has asked you about said child. Plenty of people who want privacy for their children manage to have an online presence without the need to share pictures of their kids. And I hate to tell you Laura but a random arm or leg is still a photo of your child, leaving her face out doesn't make it any less so. If you put up a photo of your baby, expect your baby to be brought up in conversation. It's not an invasion of privacy, its a normal reaction to something you have chosen to share Laura.

• Heart

MuthaCuppa

Chatty Member
“To those who lift, not tear down, thank you”
Coming from someone who not only tore down a journalist doing her job, but also fed her to the wolves online.

Caroline was devastated when Laura took the job. She wasn't a close friend (acquaintances by default of Iain) but she heard nothing from her or Iain when the shit hit the fan. Laura couldn't have washed her hands of her or jumped into her shoes quicker.

I have to admit I never watched the show but my understanding is that Caroline's empathy and genuinely kind nature gave a little something to the show that Laura can't.

I was in London by the time Laura started to get into media but I heard from the get go in Ireland she was very difficult to deal with in the media. I've met her quite a few times and she's snooty, that's the only way I can describe. The anti-caroline. The type that would sneer if you didn't know the name of a band or if you wore trainers on a night out 😴 I would say, as others have, there is something narcissistic about her. Her behaviour when Caroline died was weird.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Iain's definitely lost his mojo. I felt it watching Love Island this year too. He just not that funny anymore. Maybe it is grief from Caroline's death, being a knackered Dad or maybe it's being married to that miserable, self-obsessed bint.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The documentary on Caroline's life sheds a lot of light on to her mental state. They interviewed her actual friends and family and it was all so genuine. Laura is just not likeable. She looks like the type to distance herself just to get a leg up in her career and takes herself far to seriously.
It really did. As sad as it is to say, Caroline was just not long for this world. She struggled from an early age with her mental state and if it wasn’t the assault conviction that tipped her over the edge, it would have been something else. She was a fragile soul. Even her mother said she would dread news of relationship break ups because Caroline would spiral. So Laura can blame trolls and the media and whoever else for the fact Caroline is no longer here, but those close to her seem to almost accept that this is always the way it was going to be. She was too fragile for this world. I do not agree with what she did and if what is being reported is true then being arrested was the right thing to have happen, but she needed support in that time. Not fake friends who trampled on her to get to the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I know Laura is a bit of a knob for various reasons, promoting a green washed primark campaign, the embarrassing tiktok dancing, going on about her breast pump in a handbag etc, but the media pile on feels a bit much. So she did an awkward job of hosting the LI reunion. It’s a shite reality show that’s past it’s prime, who cares. I don’t think she’s racist like a lot of people have been saying. I know tattlers haven’t said it, it seems to be ones commenting on her Instagram
The media pile on is because she regularly encourages her followers to 'pile on' journalists.

The media pile on is karma, she started it and now they are finishing it

Eureka

VIP Member
Everything she posts is done in such an aggressive way. Real undertones of anger and annoyance from her over the simplest of things. Like the bob thing, the way her hair looked in one of her posts it did look shorter, people just asked a question ffs. She will alienate her tens of fans if she keeps up with this perpetual victim vibe. She’s such a dose.

Heyholetsgo

VIP Member
See she is hanging on about "normalising" breastfeeding now. It is normalised amongst everyone I know! Why do these insta celebs think they have to do this every time, it's so annoying and just another way to promote themselves

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
Who'd have thought a trashy Murdoch publication might try to add a slightly interesting headline to a bone dry article about a low tier celeb🙄

Deliberately showing the journalists name again
View attachment 712108
She’s a fine one to talk about triggers with some of the stuff she’s posted recently

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
There she goes again putting the baby in a photo. Now as a mum that's up to her but don't show us your child and then get in a strop because someone has asked you about said child. Plenty of people who want privacy for their children manage to have an online presence without the need to share pictures of their kids. And I hate to tell you Laura but a random arm or leg is still a photo of your child, leaving her face out doesn't make it any less so. If you put up a photo of your baby, expect your baby to be brought up in conversation. It's not an invasion of privacy, its a normal reaction to something you have chosen to share Laura.
It's so wierd isn't it? She and her husband talk about the baby and have photos of the baby (albeit not showing the face) yet if anyone even actually acknowledges she has a baby she screams 'Press intrusion! Invasion of privacy!'
I bet Iain would like to talk about his daughter more, in a more casual anecdotal way like most parents, but he just can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
“They want someone who is fun and can connect with people”

Laura’s key failings in one brilliantly passive aggressive sentence. And it’s two qualities you can’t teach someone or gain from experience, you either have it or you don’t. Laura and Iain will be seething today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32