Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To quote her Insta post ‘ getting through the biggest show on telly ‘ 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is she delusional or just being fed this bullshit

Reactions: 16
To quote her Insta post ‘ getting through the biggest show on telly ‘ 🤷🏼‍♀️ Is she delusional or just being fed this bullshit
Doctor Who is the biggest show on TV, and that isn't up for debate. Anyone who insists Love Island is bigger shall be EX-TER-MIN-A-TED!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just cannot stand her. She's a hard faced ignorant witch who clearly loves herself way too much! I hate how she jumped into Caroline's shoes and tries (and fails) to be like her. If she was such a good friend, she would have stepped down after her death. But instead, she is doing everything to emulate her! Sorry but Whitmore has to go! Horrible woman.

Reactions: 23
I just cannot stand her. She's a hard faced ignorant witch who clearly loves herself way too much! I hate how she jumped into Caroline's shoes and tries (and fails) to be like her. If she was such a good friend, she would have stepped down after her death. But instead, she is doing everything to emulate her! Sorry but Whitmore has to go! Horrible woman.
Would be great if she went, but as long as Love Island is around, she and Iain are here to stay.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If her and her dimwit husband truly loved and respected Caroline, they wouldn't do everything they can to essentially replace her. The slow mo walk and Iain calling Laura "THE WHITMORE"... Bore off.

Would be great if she went, but as long as Love Island is around, she and Iain are here to stay.
itv made the wrong choice with her. She's wooden as duck and clearly doesn't give a damn about Love Island. I honestly think she was jealous of Caroline and so didn't hesitate to jump in her shoes. She claimed to be such a good friend but after my "friends" suicide, knowing how much she lived and breathed the show..I just couldn't do it. duck Laura Whitmore and Iain Sterling.

Reactions: 24
If her and her dimwit husband truly loved and respected Caroline, they wouldn't do everything they can to essentially replace her. The slow mo walk and Iain calling Laura "THE WHITMORE"... Bore off.

itv made the wrong choice with her. She's wooden as duck and clearly doesn't give a damn about Love Island. I honestly think she was jealous of Caroline and so didn't hesitate to jump in her shoes. She claimed to be such a good friend but after my "friends" suicide, knowing how much she lived and breathed the show..I just couldn't do it. duck Laura Whitmore and Iain Sterling.
Yeah I think your right it's clear she doesn't give a fk about love island and is doing it for admiration or whatever else idk. that was the difference with Caroline she did care about the show. Always felt with Laura she couldn't wait for the show to be over.

Reactions: 7
I think it was always going to be hard for whoever took over from Caroline because it was her show and she didn’t leave it by choice. I remember when Laura was named thinking it would be good to have a personal friend do it because they would be mindful of Caroline’s role and not try and take over. Wasn’t I wrong? She’s almost gloating that she has this gig, I know it’s over a year since Caroline died but it still feels very much her baby. Laura should remember why she has this job in the first place, show up, do the work and be professional but don’t forget the person who helped make this show what it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Caroline was devastated when Laura took the job. She wasn't a close friend (acquaintances by default of Iain) but she heard nothing from her or Iain when the tit hit the fan. Laura couldn't have washed her hands of her or jumped into her shoes quicker.

I have to admit I never watched the show but my understanding is that Caroline's empathy and genuinely kind nature gave a little something to the show that Laura can't.

I was in London by the time Laura started to get into media but I heard from the get go in Ireland she was very difficult to deal with in the media. I've met her quite a few times and she's snooty, that's the only way I can describe. The anti-caroline. The type that would sneer if you didn't know the name of a band or if you wore trainers on a night out 😴 I would say, as others have, there is something narcissistic about her. Her behaviour when Caroline died was weird.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Caroline was devastated when Laura took the job. She wasn't a close friend (acquaintances by default of Iain) but she heard nothing from her or Iain when the tit hit the fan. Laura couldn't have washed her hands of her or jumped into her shoes quicker.

I have to admit I never watched the show but my understanding is that Caroline's empathy and genuinely kind nature gave a little something to the show that Laura can't.

I was in London by the time Laura started to get into media but I heard from the get go in Ireland she was very difficult to deal with in the media. I've met her quite a few times and she's snooty, that's the only way I can describe. The anti-caroline. The type that would sneer if you didn't know the name of a band or if you wore trainers on a night out 😴 I would say, as others have, there is something narcissistic about her. Her behaviour when Caroline died was weird.
i remember something a few years back when she was on mtv and she was in ireland at the time doing interviews and tv show about working at mtv and i remember she had some sort of run in with karen koster in tv3. cant find anythng about it online tho now, prob because it was very long time ago. but yeah safe to say shes burned her bridges in ireland. you can even see that from all the online support from media and journalists here for niamh walsh when laura tried to trash her.

Reactions: 11
This whole “good friend of Caroline” is bs. She wasn’t in the documentary about her life, she didn’t partake in the charity trek or even publicise it, she willingly stepped into this role during the hardest time in Caroline’s life and gloated all the way to the villa. They were in the same industry so at a lot of the same events over the years, stands to reason they’d be photographed together a few times, Whitmore loves a photo op. I’d love to hear what Flack’s actual friends have to say about her.

Reactions: 23
This whole “good friend of Caroline” is bs. She wasn’t in the documentary about her life, she didn’t partake in the charity trek or even publicise it, she willingly stepped into this role during the hardest time in Caroline’s life and gloated all the way to the villa. They were in the same industry so at a lot of the same events over the years, stands to reason they’d be photographed together a few times, Whitmore loves a photo op. I’d love to hear what Flack’s actual friends have to say about her.
They were acquaintances, is how I would put it, basically. I work in media (of sorts) and it was well known that Carolines circle of friends in London was particularly toxic, they attracted the usual hangers on (Nick Grimshaw, Pixie Lott, Daisy Lowe etc) - Whitmore was in that circle off and on, when it suited her profile or when it was an industry do with photographers. Caroline was actually very close with Georgia Foote and obviously Dawn Porter who were/are genuinely lovely by all accounts, but Laura didn't really ever have any showbiz friends, she was the one that you bumped into at the industry parties, as she was placed there by her infamous management team. It's telling that the people that always support her in her comments are rent-a-pals like Ashley James and co.

Interestingly, Louise Redknapp joined Flacks gang of hangers on briefly (during and after Strictly), and shortly afterward her marriage ended and she 'suffered an injury' meaning her theatre gig was shelved too. It's not a coincidence at all - they are bad news, and its no surprise leeches like Lewis Burton ended up in Carolines life, unfortunately. She was certainly not an angel, they were all heavily into the obvious recreational activities and were big drinkers regularly, but she was just a bit lost in the middle of a whirlwind, it seemed.

The narrative that she somehow handed the baton to her friend Laura is complete bullshit though.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
They were acquaintances, is how I would put it, basically. I work in media (of sorts) and it was well known that Carolines circle of friends in London was particularly toxic, they attracted the usual hangers on (Nick Grimshaw, Pixie Lott, Daisy Lowe etc) - Whitmore was in that circle off and on, when it suited her profile or when it was an industry do with photographers. Caroline was actually very close with Georgia Foote and obviously Dawn Porter who were/are genuinely lovely by all accounts, but Laura didn't really ever have any showbiz friends, she was the one that you bumped into at the industry parties, as she was placed there by her infamous management team. It's telling that the people that always support her in her comments are rent-a-pals like Ashley James and co.

Interestingly, Louise Redknapp joined Flacks gang of hangers on briefly (during and after Strictly), and shortly afterward her marriage ended and she 'suffered an injury' meaning her theatre gig was shelved too. It's not a coincidence at all - they are bad news, and its no surprise leeches like Lewis Burton ended up in Carolines life, unfortunately. She was certainly not an angel, they were all heavily into the obvious recreational activities and were big drinkers regularly, but she was just a bit lost in the middle of a whirlwind, it seemed.

The narrative that she somehow handed the baton to her friend Laura is complete bullshit though.
Can attest to more or less all of this. From the toxic "glam" friends to her actual friends.a lot of people took advantage of Caroline's open and kind nature. She wasn't perfect, who is, but she was a warm and welcoming person who honestly just wanted to make people happy. A lot of people Used her when it suited them.

I'm repeating myself but there was no Baton passed. Caroline was really upset when Laura took her place because she saw it as a dig. All these show friends like her and grimshaw and that lot weren't around when she needed friends more than ever. Whitmore didn't so much as text her about going to Love Island as far as I know. Although I think Iain did. Not saying their obvious support would have made a difference, I don't think it would have but it goes to show the fallacy of showbiz friendships. Her best friends who were also well known enough are ones you wouldn't necessarily see her papped with all the time.

You're right about Laura also. I don't think she's got many friends in the world of celeb. She's also low key "I just get on better with men" but that goes against her current performative feminism.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
if ITV hatched a plot to replace Laura after the dismal ratings and she was axed as a result

I wonder if Iain would resign

they cant let LI drag on too long because its starting to lose its shine

and the brand is a bit tainted by death

I'm here from the Love Island thread and I just want to say again, Laura absolutely ruined the show for me this year. I don't think I'll watch again next year. She was on it only 3 times, but she overshadowed the contestants at times.
She was rude, she spoke over people and wasn't engaging to watch. Extremely bland! Also what was up with her silly hairstyles and ugly outfits? Anyway, she allowed the audience to know who she liked and who she didn't like. She didn't ask contestants good questions, she just asked the obvious ones, and gave little digs to the people she disliked.

To say the had a bias against Kaz & Tyler because of their race isn't at all farfetched. She clearly disliked them although they were not the worst behaved contestants, so what was her reason?

A few years ago, I used to work in a Supermarket and served her a few times. I wouldn't say she was a rude customer (especially compared to the terrible and abusive customers I've encountered, and those who work in retail or supermarkets would know what I'm talking about). Except she never gave me eye contact which I always found interesting. But that was it really.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
if ITV hatched a plot to replace Laura after the dismal ratings and she was axed as a result

I doubt he would, doesn't make financial sense to lose both incomes.

Reactions: 4
Laura was only ever meant to be a place holder while Caroline was subject to a court case. The fact that she is still the presenter while acquiring the position on such shaky ground makes the show feel a bit up in the air and not fully back to itself yet. The whole thing needs revamp.

Reactions: 21

Don’t think he would. He doesn’t really have anything else. He’s a comic supposedly but that hasn’t really taken off, he’s had a book published and acts and wrote that comedy show but I haven’t heard much buzz about that either. Not really sure where he fits outside LI

Reactions: 8
Laura was only ever meant to be a place holder while Caroline was subject to a court case. The fact that she is still the presenter while acquiring the position on such shaky ground makes the show feel a bit up in the air and not fully back to itself yet. The whole thing needs revamp.
I absolutely agree, there probably wasn't anyone else available for the job.

Watching her on after sun just firing questions at liberty and jake, obviously just reading straight off the cards and doesn't even listen to the answer.

She's the worst presenter ever. She's so wooden, there's no warmth there whatsoever.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.