Laura Whitmore #3 As dry as a crisp sandwich on brown bread with no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The DM comments are brutal, a bit too much actually. I’m no Laura fan, but she’s hardly the worst. She wore an unflattering dress to a wedding, ah well.

Reactions: 1
LI clearly doesn't need a presenter, given LWs, what, 3 appearances? this year. It could definitely be made automated - anytime there's a notification, it could play Ovie's voice saying "message!" and then have it read out over a speaker. Have the Aftersun presenter (NOT LW) host the final. Time to make the Whitmore-Stirling's old news.

Reactions: 12
To be honest I don't think they are going to get rid of Laura. Yes, Love Island has passed it's peak of popularity but the ratings for it are still strong especially if you add those that stream it on the ITV hub. There's still gas in the tank for another few years. While I don't rate her presenting the show I'm not sure the problems with it are down to her presenting.

Not to place too much importance on this board but we do know the papers occasionally come here for a story. I think it's more than a coincidence that The Sun have done a write up speculating that Maya and Maura are in the running to replace Laura after several posts on here saying that's what should happen. Now they are putting Gemma Collins name in the mix after someone suggested she'd be a good choice. If there's anything more to it I wouldn't be surprised if the managements of one of the above names have seen this and put it out to the press. Realistically only Maya Jama has a shot, Maura is way too inexperienced and the GC just doesn't fit with the show.

I highly doubt that her job is in danger. Whatever the source of these rumours the motivation is to send a warning shot to Laura since she's in a war of words with the press.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I highly doubt that her job is in danger. Whatever the source of these rumours the motivation is to send a warning shot to Laura since she's in a war of words with the press.
Laura fucked up terribly taking on the press in such an ill advised way and over something so trivial. She needs them far far more than they need her. Drip drip stories about how unpopular she is will gain traction. So that it just becomes fact. And production companies will not want to take her on. The at one point seemingly untouchable Fearne Cotton spoke about being unceremoniously dumped from TV for no particular reason (as far as I could see) so Laura really is on shaky ground.

Reactions: 29
Laura fucked up terribly taking on the press in such an ill advised way and over something so trivial. She needs them far far more than they need her. Drip drip stories about how unpopular she is will gain traction. So that it just becomes fact. And production companies will not want to take her on. The at one point seemingly untouchable Fearne Cotton spoke about being unceremoniously dumped from TV for no particular reason (as far as I could see) so Laura really is on shaky ground.
Yes I’d forgotten about Ferne Cotton. I wonder what the story is there? I remember her and Willoughby used to be best mates? (Sorry for derailment.)

Reactions: 9
Even the articles saying the stories of her being replaced are rubbish are just basing that on the official ITV response, which basically says nothing has been decided yet

This kind of reminds me of the lead up to Kate Thornton losing the X Factor job - rumours of her being replaced, lots of non-committal statements from itv, Kate getting all defensive and saying Simon Cowell had told her the job was safe (yikes) and then a few months down the line, she was replaced with Dermot

Reactions: 13
She’s in a game of “gotcha!” with the press which she seems to be thoroughly enjoying. The problem is it just broadcasts how smug and self important / obsessed she is to a wider audience and perpetuates the negative press as she continues to bite the hand that feeds her. She seems to think she’s invincible to a point where people are now actively going to push for her downfall. Not a good place to be when you’re an aging ten-a-penny blonde with poor presenting skills.

Reactions: 21
Seriously who else on this planet gives themselves a nickname then uses it constantly. As much as I hate the tabloids, I've never seen anyone take them on and win. Also love the subtle bringing in of Caroline's suicide in her post. Proper classy. As much as I hate cancel culture, for the Whitmore, I've got my cosy seat, a nice hot drink and chocolate snacks and am ready

• Heart
Reactions: 42
"I'd like to thank them cos it now helps me get paid more" what a smug unlikeable hole.

Fingers crossed Itv Put her in the bin
Unless you make them a fortune like Ant, itv hate scandal or aggro in the press. I hope she enjoys being on tv as I suspect she'll soon be reduced to watching repeats on itv player

Reactions: 11
She's so smug and unlikeable, but also crap at her job, make it make sense! Usually people can 'get away' with being one or the other, but ITV dropped the ball giving her the gig imo. It would do the show good to have someone fresh in, stop typing to emulate Caroline with the strut into the villa etc, and find someone who doesn't think they're above it all, and more importantly, has a bit of fun with it!

Reactions: 17
she is feeding off all this attention. the best thing the press and media could do is not mention her at all. beginning to think she started the war with the press on purpose because she knows the game, shes in it long enough and studied journalism ffs.

Reactions: 7
Seriously who else on this planet gives themselves a nickname then uses it constantly. As much as I hate the tabloids, I've never seen anyone take them on and win. Also love the subtle bringing in of Caroline's suicide in her post. Proper classy. As much as I hate cancel culture, for the Whitmore, I've got my cosy seat, a nice hot drink and chocolate snacks and am ready
Even her company name - Yer Wan LTD 🙄

Her arrogance is vile

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.