Laura Adlington

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m shocked to read that stuff about her Dad :( that’s actually quite sad. She clearly adores him too.
As for Buddy, I’d hope he’s got to go back to the vet soon for a follow up. Surely they’re best suited for advice on his diet? I actually thought she was advertising a dog food company not so long ago, but maybe I’m dreaming!

Reactions: 2
He sounds awful! She tries to make excuses for him or preface it by saying he’s not terrible but… that all sounds pretty controlling and an abusive way to speak to someone you are meant to love unconditionally. I wonder if he feels the same way about her step mum having friends?
Totally! Was it the binge eating episode where she talked about having “daddy issues” but also said she doesn’t have any trauma? From an outside perspective, her dad’s words and behaviours sound pretty traumatic to me. I do feel sorry for her, that has got to be tough. Also hope her mum and step mum are doing okay!

Reactions: 3
He sounds awful! She tries to make excuses for him or preface it by saying he’s not terrible but… that all sounds pretty controlling and an abusive way to speak to someone you are meant to love unconditionally. I wonder if he feels the same way about her step mum having friends?

Also re the dog, don’t come at me because I’m not a pet person and the furbaby type of pet owner is my biggest ick but surely a dog doesn’t have the wherewithal to be a fussy eater? They eat anything and everything and just suffer the consequences if it doesn’t agree with them and it doesn’t impact how likely they are to try eating it again. Just another way to treat a dog like a human, which it isn’t.
TBF dogs can be fussy, well my dog can anyway… he turns his nose up at certain foods I’ve tried and loves other brands… BUt anywho, she isn't stupid and def wrote that for engagement… I’m sure the vet would give her guidance…

I feel like with Laura she doesn't actually know what to post half the time so posts stuff for the sake of it, she’s probably sat at home doing very little so can’t think of content. Her podcast friend Lauren is actually alot more interesting and posts better content then Laura (although shes quite annoying) I dont think Laura is cut out for the insta hun life.

Reactions: 4
So she’s asked people for feedback, then had a moan when the feedback isn’t what she wanted.

I wouldn’t mind the expensive stuff she advertises, but it never bloody fits her and she pretends it’s all perfect

Reactions: 8
Plus a lot of what she buys is the same - so many florals!
She admits to sending a lot of her try on stuff back, because she only gets it to show us what it looks like!
More like to post links and earn from them!!
I find it irrationally annoying that people are allowed to do this. I honestly think it’s not hygienic to be trying on loads of stuff you’ve no intention of keeping.

Reactions: 10
Plus a lot of what she buys is the same - so many florals!
She admits to sending a lot of her try on stuff back, because she only gets it to show us what it looks like!
More like to post links and earn from them!!
I find it irrationally annoying that people are allowed to do this. I honestly think it’s not hygienic to be trying on loads of stuff you’ve no intention of keeping.
And also a lot of stuff that gets sent back doesn't get resold, it just goes to be incinerated. She is promoting fast fashion and its not OK

Reactions: 7
She's had Jess Millichamp on the podcast today. She is one of the worst offenders with regards to fast fashion. She's employed by ITS and literally churns out a collection every 4-6 weeks. Most of the clothes she wouldn't be seen dead in because the material is cheap and nasty but mostly because the style of clothes are an insult to plus size women.

Lucky Laura being able to afford expensive clothes...not sure us paupers need to see her forcing herself into cheap clothes...you know taking one for the team / poor people before swiftly sending the lot back to then be sent to landfill ! 🙄

Reactions: 9
Lucky Laura being able to afford expensive clothes...not sure us paupers need to see her forcing herself into cheap clothes...you know taking one for the team / poor people before swiftly sending the lot back to then be sent to landfill ! 🙄
This is why it annoys me when she says she can’t afford a personal trainer! She definitely could, she just doesn’t want to do it. Just be honest!

Reactions: 10
This is why it annoys me when she says she can’t afford a personal trainer! She definitely could, she just doesn’t want to do it. Just be honest!
So true! She could afford it all but like you say she just doesn’t want to.
I just can’t see how she isn’t doing anything about her weight, she’s miserable.
The podcast is just an enabler to her reasons for not losing weight, her and Lauren and not happy people.
I know weight loss doesn’t mean you’re going to be happy but she will feel so much better losing a bit of weight, making better food choices. Weightloss is not easy but she seems to be getting bigger

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She "promotes body positivity" but she looks so sad, unhappy and ill all the time.

I follow a lady who is body positive too and runs a yearly retreat for like-minded people, she looks totally different, is into healthy food and doing yoga etc.. shes still positive about living in a bigger body whilst taking care of it and eating well.

Laura's smile doesn't reach her eyes, she lives on mini eggs and is obsessed with trying on floral dresses, she isn't happy and thats obvious.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
She's incredibly privileged. She has the financial means and the free time to invest in her health but chooses not too.

Reactions: 9
She "promotes body positivity" but she looks so sad, unhappy and ill all the time.

I follow a lady who is body positive too and runs a yearly retreat for like-minded people, she looks totally different, is into healthy food and doing yoga etc.. shes still positive about living in a bigger body whilst taking care of it and eating well.

Laura's smile doesn't reach her eyes, she lives on mini eggs and is obsessed with trying on floral dresses, she isn't happy and thats obvious.
That lady you mention is exactly what body positivity should be about in my opinion.
I think Laura is more about (her) size inclusivity. She actually seems angry and depressed about her weight; I don’t think she’s positive about it all, sadly.

Reactions: 3
I’ve said before on here that I do like Laura and identify with her in lots of ways. However I always get slightly concerned when she talks about the fact she’s had loads of therapy/counseling and is on some form of medication for mental health, yet still just doesn’t seem happy at all. Does this stuff just not work or maybe she would be in a much worse place without the medication etc? Or maybe she’s just happier than she seems. Of course happiness is a thing that’s always changing and we all have good and bad days but it just seems like she’s often feeling ‘meh’

I just have a problem that she attempted to justify the expensive clothes by saying she was building a capsule wardrobe.. what, with a series of lairy floral dresses..? Make it make sense 🥴

To me it seems that she’s way too touchy about the feedback to be able to enjoy influencing as a career.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just have a problem that she attempted to justify the expensive clothes by saying she was building a capsule wardrobe.. what, with a series of lairy floral dresses..? Make it make sense 🥴
Absolutely.
Not trying to be picky for the sake of it but I also thought the remark about having disposable income etc.,was a bit insensitive perhaps. She was trying to stay relatable with her explanation about buying more expensive clothes, but for a lot of people that would have the opposite effect.

Reactions: 5
I’d love to see how she fills her day. I don’t think she does much. I reckon if she went on a dog walk etc she’d share it or if she did open water swimming. She won’t be helping her mood by just being at home doing nothing.
I think she needs the routine of an employed job, I suspect others around her think the same but I can’t imagine her accepting comments

I don’t understand her moaning about tonight’s dinner? Roast chicken and veg sounds like a completely normal dinner - why would her husband be sulking?

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand her moaning about tonight’s dinner? Roast chicken and veg sounds like a completely normal dinner - why would her husband be sulking?
And why would she contemplate a McDonald's after eating a roast chicken?

Reactions: 5
Sounded to me like it was probably burnt or just cooked badly and now they want something else?

If her Husband’s really sulking over the dinner not being all that, then they’re as bad as each other! Sounds like they both need to grow up a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.