Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snazzycat

Chatty Member
Serious question😬why do fat people often wear baggy oversized dresses, blouses hoodies etc they really are very unflattering and looks silly🤷‍♀️Either that or a jacket that nowhere nearly meets they seem to struggle with styling🤔
Same reason thin people wear them, because they're comfortable and practical.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Serious question😬why do fat people often wear baggy oversized dresses, blouses hoodies etc they really are very unflattering and looks silly🤷‍♀️Either that or a jacket that nowhere nearly meets they seem to struggle with styling🤔
Does anyone of any size wear hoodies because they're flattering? I certainly don't. Shall we just stop assuming that women should always dress to flatter rather than just be comfy. Imagine criticising a man for wearing a hoodie because it wasn't 'flattering' 😅. just wouldn't happen 💁‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Instatwat

Nah, I think that’s really shit and in her shoes I’d have named and shamed too. It’s such a stupid, stupid error and something that would be so upsetting to receive when you have literally *just* posted about how infertility has been hard for you.
They deserve a public slap on the wrist for their terrible marketing skills.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

MarjoryStewartBaxter

The brand 100% needed called out publicly, are you joking? 😂 They have targeted people who have written pregnant without researching any context behind it. It would have taken them 2 minutes of their time to read her most recent post rather can copy and paste a bullshit message they'll send to everyone and just changing the name. Honestly, would you be the saying the same if it was you or a family member the brand had upset, or is it just because it's an influencer they've messaged?

If I owned a small business I'd sure as hell do at least the smallest bit of research before I sent someone a DM instead of just searching 'Daily Mail Pregnant' and firing out a message off the back of it. And if I was called out publicly with a bit of damage done to my business, that's on me. If your business meant that much to you you wouldn't be so incredibly stupid as they've been

• Heart
Reactions: 35

emisixo

I agree that the " just lose weight" stance really isn't helpful, however in Laura's case she is highly likely 20-25 stone which is simply not healthy . She is morbidly obese and needs to lose weight to avoid severe health problems .
I am between 20-25 stone and I can assure everyone, if it was as easy as people think it is to just drop the weight simply because I’m heavier, (I’ll just not put milk in my coffee, I’ll do my 10k steps and surprisingly it doesn’t fall off etc.) I’d bloody well do it.
It was easier at 13 stone to drop a stone, than it is at my current size. Not everyone is just making excuses and there are real psychological factors at play. Binge eating can be a serious mental health condition. Sometimes the thought of the battle to drop the weight makes me feel useless and can make me dangerously depressed. Sometimes it would be nice to just exist in the body I have, exercising and being happy that I’m having a normal day.
Sorry for the rant but I get the judgement. I give out the judgement, slightly hypocritical in that sense however I’m on this thread and a few others and I normally reserve my judgement for the bigger arsehole influencers, I don’t think Laura is at all and I do relate to her in that sense. Sometimes it’s nice to have a think and pause.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

CrispyB2019

If she really wanted a baby she would lose weight to give herself the best chance. I know it's not that simple. But you will literally never get a bigger motivation to do it. It's harsh but it's true.
Same boar as Laura. 10 years trying. It's hard so please don't judge. The amount of diets I've started and then failed it's nkt easy and heartbreaking its all I've ever wanted but I have serious food issues. Its really not as easy as people think.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
Laura is supposed to be some sort of fat girl fashionista now and she is wearing light coloured leggings? They will show off every tiny (and not so tiny) contour. Look at Jessontheplussize's stories yesterday for that.
I feel like I’m going to be playing with fire here but… why shouldn’t she? The idea that people in bigger bodies should be resigned to wearing certain colours or clothes that are deemed to be ‘flattering’ (vom) or go through life trying to give an illusion of smallness is all part of our society’s fatphobia. If she likes her leggings and her post makes someone else explore other colours then isn’t that part of her work?

Someone who wears a size 26+ doesn’t suddenly become a size 10 if they stick on a pair of black leggings, why not have fun with clothes?

• Heart
Reactions: 29

MarjoryStewartBaxter

If she really wanted a baby she would lose weight to give herself the best chance. I know it's not that simple. But you will literally never get a bigger motivation to do it. It's harsh but it's true.
To be honest, it's not only harsh, it's quite ignorant and ill informed. As you said, it's not that simple, it's actually very complex. Motivation a lot of the time just isn't good enough when you're dealing with issues like this

• Heart
Reactions: 28

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Nowt wrong with toad in the hole. Or dancing. Fat people are allowed to exist and... do things?!

Oh no, sorry, you're fat, off you fuck into a cupboard to eat dust. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Arryarna

Mistakes need calling out though. That was absolutely ridiculous and their social media person is an absolute moron and I’m glad they’ve learnt a lesson.

Reactions: 24

Awkward_Somber

Saying that you take anti-depressants isn't glamourising them and sometimes even with all the walks in the world you can still be depressed.

As someone who has been told that I could cheer up if I took up swimming/ cycling/ walking even when I was seriously depressed and on antidepressants It's not always that simple. And sure, exercise and diet can play a part but she might still need antidepressants. Sometimes you do.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

LadyB65

Chatty Member
And walking 10k steps a day is useless so dont bother (in lauras world)

Try it Laura and see if its a 'marketing tool' or if it does have benefits to your body & mind.
I’ve just seen this and it’s really pissed me off, of course doing 10000 steps is better for your body than doing half that amount, any movement when you’re bigger is surely better? I understand the sentiment of what she’s saying, that it’s essentially an arbitrary number that was plucked out of thin air, but again she has just come off as someone who is so negative towards everything, and that’s something else she’ll use as an excuse not to move her body.
I’ve recently started to lose weight and move more, and part of that has been doing at least 10000 steps a day, it does help and was a great start to help me get my fitness levels back up. Eugh, she’s so fucking annoying.

Reactions: 23

Blonde123

Chatty Member
100% agree with those saying the company should have been named and shamed. Absolutely terrible to send that message and undoubtedly Laura would have opened that and felt like she’d have been punched in the stomach. A very insensitive mistake and isn’t on at all. The company should have researched properly, very lazy of them!

• Heart

Lady_Tabitha

Chatty Member
See, I didn't think she was showing off.

How is she any different to your mate on fb who shares a pic or two?

She hasn't blogged every second (that we know of yet but will stand corrected if she does!)

She has put up a couple of pix where you can hardly see where she is, just nice weather and a beach...

I am not her biggest fan and am also sick of her being sick, but I just don't think she's boasting or showing off about being away on holidays. Fair play to her I'd love to be on a warm beach with a cocktail in my hand 😊

• Heart

wibblywobblywoo

VIP Member
Really going to endear herself, showing off when most have people have got proper jobs and still can barely support themselves.
There's a reason all this is being posted on her husbands Instagram and not hers. The majority of her followers won't see the privilege and will continue to buy into her woe is poor Laura content.

Imagine moaning the way she does knowing that you have a holiday like this booked in January when most will be struggling to pay bills.
She's really not a very nice person 😕

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
I like Laura. Watching her stories and posts I can’t help but feel she’s extremely depressed, hence everything seems completely unachievable to her. I’ve just finished four years of gruelling IVF treatment- my infertility is due to endo, not weight. It’s been challenging physically and mentally and to not have a child at the end of it is devastating, but we also knew it was time to stop. The impact on my health has been enormous. Even if she started to lose weight, I wonder if she’s simply not robust enough (at present) to go through the process.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

rupertbear1

It def wouldn’t harm you to walk 10000 steps a day Laura, this girl claims to be anti diet but she slams anything that is pro health also. I kinda see what she was trying to say but in my eyes its just her being negative and using any excuse to not try and lose weight. And as for Laurens stupid comment about ‘a man’ choosing that number… SHUT UP, god she is annoying! It wouldnt harm her to walk 10000 steps a day either! I feel like with these 2 they just want to eat crap and live an unhealthy lifestyle and use there podcast to justify it (saying this as somebody who could do with losing 2-3 stone)

Reactions: 21

Furnessian

VIP Member
All she has to do is bake a couple of cakes a week, show us a few outfits and make some ads and everyone who follows her would be happy. She could even touch on mental health from time to time and that would be fine too.

No one followed her for this misery fest.

Reactions: 20

Pandakitten

Chatty Member
The brand 100% needed called out publicly, are you joking? 😂 They have targeted people who have written pregnant without researching any context behind it. It would have taken them 2 minutes of their time to read her most recent post rather can copy and paste a bullshit message they'll send to everyone and just changing the name. Honestly, would you be the saying the same if it was you or a family member the brand had upset, or is it just because it's an influencer they've messaged?

If I owned a small business I'd sure as hell do at least the smallest bit of research before I sent someone a DM instead of just searching 'Daily Mail Pregnant' and firing out a message off the back of it. And if I was called out publicly with a bit of damage done to my business, that's on me. If your business meant that much to you you wouldn't be so incredibly stupid as they've been
Spot on. Especially since when you google daily mail pregnant the top article is ‘Laura adlington admits to struggles with pregnancy’. If they’re able to pay a marketing person it’s not that small a business and the person should bother to do their job properly and confirm a few facts before sending a message like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20