Laura Adlington

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought set up a thread for Laura as there doesn't seem to be one. I'm not sure if it should be a rave thread, but she's a dull time insta gun so she'd only end up over here eventually.

I like Laura, she seems genuine so far. I have to say a couple of things she says or does irritate me.

Reactions: 9
She started off sooo promising too but hasn't taken long for the constant stream of ads to start, constant plugging of the podcast and an awful lot of woe is me posts recently..

Does anyone else find her podcast mate incredibly unfunny and a try to hard annoyance?!

Reactions: 12
I always feel like her makeup looks way too powdery and drying for her skin type! She always looks like her face is dry and crying out for some dewey setting spray! I followed her a while back and I like her style, she comes across as a bit of a boring gal, yesterday I noticed soon after Jess posted that red faces teary selfie Laura posted something similar basically saying how she’s insecure and not feeling good about herself. Just makes me wonder do these instahuns actually do it in a genuine way or are they just sharing it for attention/validation

Reactions: 6
I always feel like her makeup looks way too powdery and drying for her skin type! She always looks like her face is dry and crying out for some dewey setting spray! I followed her a while back and I like her style, she comes across as a bit of a boring gal, yesterday I noticed soon after Jess posted that red faces teary selfie Laura posted something similar basically saying how she’s insecure and not feeling good about herself. Just makes me wonder do these instahuns actually do it in a genuine way or are they just sharing it for attention/validation
Agree about her makeup always looks caked on ....doesn't take them long to work out emotive posts up their engagement! And its all about the engagement!

I've replied to things she's posted and she's not even read or acknowledged my message so another reason I'm not a fan anymore ..don't ask questions if you have no intention of responding back when people take time to engage with you !!

Agree about her makeup always looks caked on ....doesn't take them long to work out emotive posts up their engagement! And its all about the engagement!

I've replied to things she's posted and she's not even read or acknowledged my message so another reason I'm not a fan anymore ..don't ask questions if you have no intention of responding back when people take time to engage with you !!
I've done the same and not had a reply

Reactions: 5
for me i think she is harmless but i had to actually block her quite a while ago because the way she bangs on about how much food she can eat without gaining weight was just so jarring like we get it you love food 😂😂😂 every video was just her shoving in everyone’s face how great her metabolism is and her voice was grinding on me

Reactions: 2
Generally likeable, not a twit at all, but her size inclusion stuff definitely starts and stops with things that fit her.

Too many ads now she is a full time hun, not sure I believe her that she only promotes stuff she was actually using before or really likes. She has to make a living so must compromise on things like that, no one would blame her.

Laura obviously suffers with her mental health and speaks about it quite openly and I hope she is not doing posting about it just for engagement. She seems to have excellent family support.

I like her but am annoyed by her at times, mainly because of the size inclusivity thing. Also, how many floral print tea dresses does one person need to own?

Reactions: 8
Generally likeable, not a twit at all, but her size inclusion stuff definitely starts and stops with things that fit her.
Completely agree.
I have to say also, I’m not a fan of the podcast, I don’t know why, but I found it grating.
I think she’s generally a good egg though!

Reactions: 4
for me i think she is harmless but i had to actually block her quite a while ago because the way she bangs on about how much food she can eat without gaining weight was just so jarring like we get it you love food 😂😂😂 every video was just her shoving in everyone’s face how great her metabolism is and her voice was grinding on me
Eh? She's obese, so I don't understand what this is about?!

Reactions: 11
I like Laura but she annoys me that she only calls out certain brands. She works with Simply Be so would never point out the fact that they only use straight size models 🙄

I do really like Laura but how many dresses and converse variations do we need to see? I would love some inspo for other outfits! And yes, as a tall/plus size girl like Laura I would have hoped she’d call out Simply Be for the shocking length they have on tops. People can be tall AND fat, every top I’ve ever bought from there has been like a crop top. Fed that back to every single plus size blogger I’ve ever seen work with SB 😂

Anyone noticed her and the co host pronounce ‘seen’ as ‘sin’. Minor irritation! They are sell outs though, one week saying they don’t drink wine and would go out for a cheese and Coca Cola date then the next week plugging an advert for a wine company 🙄. Choose a lane and stick in it girls.

She started off sooo promising too but hasn't taken long for the constant stream of ads to start, constant plugging of the podcast and an awful lot of woe is me posts recently..

Does anyone else find her podcast mate incredibly unfunny and a try to hard annoyance?!
She is riding on Laura’s 15minutes for sure! Also talking about dating as if she’s 15, when she’s in her mid thirties. Needs to grow up a bit!

I really liked the podcast I can relate to a lot of it but stopped listening a couple of weeks ago because it’s just come the same stuff week in week out.
I’ve messaged Laura a few times and got no response which I think is just rude.

Reactions: 3
Laura's just done a post on how laughable "size inclusivity" is when it goes up to a size 22. She is a 24. She never mentions size inclusivity when stuff fits her and even promotes ranges that only go up to a 24.

Also, she needs to try on some different styles of clothing.

Reactions: 7
Laura's just done a post on how laughable "size inclusivity" is when it goes up to a size 22. She is a 24. She never mentions size inclusivity when stuff fits her and even promotes ranges that only go up to a 24.

Also, she needs to try on some different styles of clothing.
I don’t think she looked very well in that post. Also, what sizes should brands go up to really? If they really were inclusive they’d have to go to size 44 or something and that’s not good for business

Reactions: 2
I don’t think she looked very well in that post. Also, what sizes should brands go up to really? If they really were inclusive they’d have to go to size 44 or something and that’s not good for business
I think it's more that they claim to be size inclusive and only go up to mid fat sizes at most, rather than what size they actually go up to, and bang on about it in their marketing. Just don't mention it, or say "we go up to a 24" or whatever.

And with the influencers, it seems to be if the store stock their size, they're all over it. Look at Poppy Adams promoting Peacock and saying how amazing it is they do plus sizes when 6 months ago she wouldn't have fit into anything they sell.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.