Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I'm almost certain it's illegal for them to have sold tickets and now refuse to issue refunds to customers who can no longer attend. Such a cheap way to run an event. They are now literally making their customers do the donkey work and find someone to buy their tickets otherwise they lose out. They need to be reported for that. Anyone supporting this event is a fool and needs to give their head a wobble. They are being taken for absolute mugs. Shame on these women and the agency they are tied to isn't worth the paper it's name is written on.
A lot of event tickets are non refundable (thing of concerts where people have to sell their tickets otherwise they’d lose the money), I’m sure you booked non refundable flights and accommodation etc. Not to defend them but it’s pretty standard that you book something and can’t get a refund later.

Reactions: 1
It can’t possibly be illegal as every theatre ticket I’ve ever bought is non refundable, except for when they relaxed it a bit when covid restrictions were happening. It’s really common not to offer refunds and at most offer a resell option.
---
I’m still intrigued by what this show is going to be. Is it makeovers on stage? It just doesn’t sound very engaging for the audience.
Its not a theatre production, regardless of the venue.
Screenshot_20240430_195406.jpg

Last edited:

traceymrsd

VIP Member
Phase Eight is kinda old fashioned though, isn’t it?
Laura gravitates towards frumpy clothing (my phone autocorrected that to grumpy which isn’t entirely wrong in her case).

She should take a leaf out of Jess on the Plus Size and Poppy Adam’s fashion book and start wearing waistcoats!
Jess' dress sense is getting worse by the week?! She also does the same as Laura calls out a brand for not being inclusive & the is posting a #ad for said brand

MotherInferior43

I agree with that because she then comes across as not authentic because she says she’s a size 26 but then partners with brands like fat face and monsoon who only go up to a size 24 and wangs on about #stock my size (what happened with that btw). She then only chooses styles with those brands that are oversize or more flowy in style so she can fit into them - would we ever see her in a pair of fat face jeans or trousers? Probably not because they probably wouldn’t fit.

Some people do seem to be obsessed that she should only wear size 26 clothes when I’m sure we all know that the label doesn’t mean much and we all probably have items in our wardrobe which range in size.

If you’re a size 26 but can fit comfortably into a M&S oversize 22 or 24 then go for it.
Absolutely! If you can wear something comfortably and you like it - wear it! If it’s bursting at the seams then that suggests you need a bigger size, we all know sizes vary not just from shop to shop but style to style, the label in the clothes aren’t gospel.
It’s the disingenuous way she rages at brands to stock above a size 22 or 24 but promotes brands that stop at size 24 - she’s being fickle on which side of the fence she is. I really am really surprised that she didn’t make more of her ITS collab, which could have been a big earner for her with a bit of market research and hard work

lissy8219

VIP Member
Its not just not having a baby. But also she doesn’t have a life. I’m sorry but rotting at home 80% of the time and trying on dresses once a week and making goofy fake ditsy content isn’t a life. Sje doesn’t have real friends or a career with growth opportunities or anything at all. She isn’t satisfied with her life and she isn’t happy and it shows. She can be paid whatever money, it won’t make her happy. Their million pound house didn’t make her happy so it tells you everything… also soon enough she won’t fit in a car to drive and then what?
Very sad actually

lissy8219

VIP Member
I don’t think you can. That’s why those who do have it have to take vitamins, they lose hair, the dumping syndrome can affect your blood sugars and you can suffer malnutrition. It should purely be used as a life saving tool.
Ive lost nearly 11 stone now, so many times I wanted to get the surgery but was put off with the after effects and in the end for me it wasn’t the fat that’s the problem, it’s the brain. I had to seriously fix my issues with food and why I was the way I was. I also had good motivators of wanting a family and to be out of the pain my body was in with carrying me at my heaviest. I loved and valued myself at all the sizes I’ve been but I wanted more and finally believed in myself.
I don’t think Laura wants to lose weight and if thats good for her then I genuinely hope she lives a long and happy life, nobody needs to do anything they don’t want to. I don’t believe she’s happy though as it’s all over her face, there is way more to it.
I think moving into the plus size influencer role is a self fulfilling prophecy to her where she shouts into an echo chamber on insta and that suits her instead of dealing with her emotions of why.
I know I’ll ruffle feathers but the militant (not all) bopo community are full of people using body positivity as a reason to eat and put on weight whilst saying it’s in the name of being positive about any body and slagging people with smaller bodies.
Im so happy that people like Kirsty (bobalong) are starting to show that it isn’t black and white and that weight loss, movement and loving your body can exist together. I’d love to see more people showing that balance instead of the extremes of either toxic diet culture or bopo influencers saying you can’t love your body and lose weight at the same time.
An amazing achievement.

SIXTYNINEDUDES!

VIP Member
She’s so disingenuous to both brands and followers “overall I’m really impressed” then spends the whole time in the comments slating.
Which one is it??
You could see her knickers in one and her bra in the other. Wtf?! "Really impressed" 😂

Ladeepfriedmarsbar

Nothing is wrong with men buying tigjts if that's what they wish to do, its a little more than just men buying tights though. I myself am not 100% sure what on earth is going on, but what I've seen is not that pleasant - just saying what I have seen, thank you.
What she said!

• Heart